False Advertising

Hi,

He's right though, they are ADVERTISING it as 1.1

"Lock On Gold is the only modern day flight simulation game to combine high fidelity with a broad choice of aircraft."..."New Product Features Include:

Addition of the Su-25T as a player-flyable aircraft

Training missions with voice-over instruction

Three NEW, 20-plus mission campaigns

Improved ground textures for winter, spring, summer & autumn

New aircraft skins

New military & civilian ground facilities

New single missions

Updated and more comprehensive documentation

All of this has been added to the full capabilities of the Lock On: Modern Air Combat. "

And the screenshots are of the new model for the SU25T - with the compex airbrake etc.

If it's not FC, ED should jump on that!

Cheers.

Why should ED jump on that? They aren't selling FC here. and AFAIK for all the versions prior to 1.1 Nubi soft has all the rights, so if they don't agree on the price ($30 wasn't it?) well, they can have a chat with that site, though UBI themselves offer lomac 1.02 for $10.

Yes that site is misleading their customers because the person who put together that section was too lazy to think and copy and pasted the discription from ED's site. So basically all ED can say about it is: "Hey you, don't use our discription of our product for something else"

All we can do is hope future FC buyers will drop by here first, before buying an overpriced 1.02 version

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

They could sue them for the profits EB made mis-representing their product as the superior FC, and for the lost sales of FC that have gone to people buying "gold" thinking they were buying FC.

As far as saying they aren't marketing it here - I own a copy which I bought from a retailer in New Zealand (local natural point agent - they had it within days of ED releasing the disk). That's pretty much the end of the earth from Russia. They're selling FC worldwide one way or another, and they're losing FC sales to EB's Lockon gold .

Presumably 95% of the people who come to this forum own or intend to own a copy & every one of those who buys Lockon Gold Edition thinking that's what they're getting is a sale lost to ED, and probaly more when they tell mates what a rip off it was.

Cheers.

$30 !!! Gosh, locally LOMAC is available as a "Ubisoft Exclusive" title, can be bought for the equivalent of $10. (though I'd have paid $30) Though no printed manual is included.

Second, why put the A-10 on the cover? I'm sure an F-15 or an Su-27 would sell more copies :D

US version of Lock-on: Modern Air Combat had the A-10 on its cover.

Stormin already posted in a few threads over in UBI a while back about this not being 1.1 FC but 1.02 but as usual the search function doesn't work. As far as I can remember he said that UBI and ED/TFC were looking into it as it was only 1.02 reboxed. Found this again though (the search function works here :p )

Guys,

Just so you know. We at NaturalPoint were wondering the same thing about this so called Lock On: Gold. I have notified ED they have told me that this title on EB and New Egg is not valid. Please don't stress over it. If you wan't the official Lock On 1.1 title please visit NaturalPoint.com or the other verified distributors of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs in Europe.

Thanks,

Jason Williams

Marketing Director

NaturalPoint, Inc.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7913&page=2&highlight=lockon+gold

Presumably 95% of the people who come to this forum own or intend to own a copy & every one of those who buys Lockon Gold Edition thinking that's what they're getting is a sale lost to ED, and probaly more when they tell mates what a rip off it was.

My thought exactly! ED needs to do something about this because their reputation is on the line here.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Its unfair on the customer because 1.02 does not have those enhancements. The customer technically has a right to sue for selling a misleading product. No worries though since whoever buys that will no doubt wind up asking on the ubi forum and then get an idea of what really happened.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]