Mission Editor Satellite View

Sinky

I had a scan through this forum and I haven't seen this mentioned before, apologies if it has been.

It would be nice to have the F10 satellite view available from inside the mission editor, I believe it would help immensely with the positioning of units. Stops us having to spend 5 minutes loading the mission all the time just to make sure that the T-80U you placed in a new area hasn't sprouted a tree out the top of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

Not to mention having two forces fire at eachother in the mission editor, finding they don't LOS eachother because there's a very small hill just ahead of one of them. I'd go further and ask for a simplified 3D-view of the map (like TacView) accessible from within the mission editor.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Not to mention having two forces fire at eachother in the mission editor, finding they don't LOS eachother because there's a very small hill just ahead of one of them. I'd go further and ask for a simplified 3D-view of the map (like TacView) accessible from within the mission editor.

This +1000. When you have dozens or even a hundred or so ground vehicles in a mission (FC2, Ka-50 or A-10) having to jump in & out of the sim, find the last vehicle you placed, figure out how much & in which direction to move it, orientation etc then jump in the editor, make adjustments, back in to the sim... Repeat ad bastard nauseum. This gets very frustrating very, very quickly.

Even something as simple as showing ground vehicles and user-placed buildings as actual to-scale outlines, properly oriented (but only when zoomed in to a high degree), rather than just symbols would be immensely useful.

Pleeeeease ED, make the lives of us poor mission editors a little bit easier? :)

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

add my +1 for the 100th time.

I find it hard to believe that the developer in charge of building the missions/campaigns for DCS hasn't hit the ME developer over the head or bribed him with beer & vodka? to do something like this by now.

p.s. A horrible solution is to take screenshots and try tieing them up with the ME when placing units as well as the SP/MP exe's crappy solution.

• Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

+1

I use the ME and the multiplayer to test (via tabbing) while mission building, but that's not the best solution. Just better than nothing.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to see this implemented similar to the 'prepare mission' option, something like 'place objects' - when the mission loads in that mode, you get a simple GUI you can use to select any mission editor object and move it around and rotate it. When you exit, the new positions of the objects are saved/logged somewhere, and the mission editor reads that logfile back and applies the new positions.

1+ and add something like semi 3D like google earth for viewing were to put the tank's and other's stuff.

Shinigami Out...

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

• 4 weeks later...

The map priorities are the wrong way round. Whats the point of being able to access Sat. view during a mission. Everyone would love to see Sat view in the M.E.

At least you would have a reasonable chance of placing units in logical positions. Unfortunately the M.E. functionality does not seem to be high on the list of things to improve/fix.

Unfortunately the M.E. functionality does not seem to be high on the list of things to improve/fix.

You have got to be kidding me, right?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

They had the Satview in Lomac, so why can't they edit it and add it in?

+1 for getting the Satview.

I had a feeling I'd seen it somewhere before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

• 1 month later...

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

We've asked, begged and pleaded... Only thing left is to go to Russia and break some bones. :D

:thumbup:Sometimes there are things that can drive you crazy,

You (ED)have developed the best simulator ever and a basic thing you do not allow is SAT VIEW,

Someone there can "pick up the Glove" (Expression :thumbup:)

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"