iControl DCS - Short Preview

Absolutely amazing work. You seem to have got it to run without having the MFDs on screen as well?

No, check his left hand screen. They are over there stacked on top of each other.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

It's just an iPad. If I can ever get my hands on an ASUS transformer, I'll get started on an Android version.

MFDs still have to be exported. They are on the far left monitor.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

why not disable the MFCDs in the cockpit view that way you won't be looking at duplicate screens while flying? There's a thread somewhere here that shows how to edit them out, can't remember where i found that tip but it works great for my setup. I don't have ipads, i just run the MFCDs exported to another monitor and I'm using Thrustmaster cougar MFDs velcroed to the monitor bezel. Hope to get ipad someday :)

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why not disable the MFCDs in the cockpit view that way you won't be looking at duplicate screens while flying? There's a thread somewhere here that shows how to edit them out, can't remember where i found that tip but it works great for my setup. I don't have ipads, i just run the MFCDs exported to another monitor and I'm using Thrustmaster cougar MFDs velcroed to the monitor bezel. Hope to get ipad someday :)

I would like to try what your are doing. Could you post the file changes you made, etc as to how you accomplished this method of displaying the MFCD's.

I have the Cougar and an extra monitor.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post a photo and a small video of the iControl DCS setup I have been testing with boarder2. The product performs flawlessly and I have found very little performance impact with it.

If you have an iPad this is a must have application for your flying.

check out www.bit-shift.com/icontrol-dcs for more info. I don't think I could fly without this now. It should be available in the appstore shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5-eh5qQv8

How much does this iControl DCS product cost?

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

How much does this iControl DCS product cost?

$20.99 USD until Version 2 is released then it will increase to $29.99

It is available on the App Store today!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Either I'm missing something here, or the instructions for setting the displays up need more steps.

I am using a single display (Dell 3008 WFP A02) in 1920x1200 resolution and nothing I have tried has correctly exported the MFCDs to the iPad. All I get is a repeat of a different part of the cockpit, or a cockpit frame or an MFCD with the wrong perspective angles meaning it's completely unusable.

I have followed the instructions very carefully but with no success. If I use your pictures with the three displays off to the LHS of the cockpit view then all I get is the view of the top left forward canopy frame, or further diwn the top left canopy frame on the two MFCDs. Shutting the App down and restarting it on the iPad cause an immediate BSOD - USB error (Win 7 Ultimate 64). EDIT - now getting BSODs with USB-BUG-ERROR all the time. Working to find what's changed. The last addition was the server software. Puzzled!

I have tried filling the entire desktop with the grey background, then covering it with the cockpit, then positioning the MFCDs on top in the matching locations - that does not work. Filling the window with the background and then placing the MFCDs stacked to the left, off the cockpit along with the CDU - also off the cockpit, also results in no view of the MFCDs on the iPad.

For single display users, exactly how does this App and server need to be configured because as I said there is either a step missing, or the instructions are unclear.

I also have no button that says 'Configure Display' as in the instructions. I do have one called 'Display Configuration...' In the Tools dropdown though. Typo, or is there another control somewhere?

This is only day 1 with the whole suite and I need to buy rudder pedals to go with the HOTAS Warthog. A note of caution with the Warthog! Get a powered USB Hub. The throttle unit has already killed one powered USB port on the monitor so beware!!

Any clarification on what I'm doing wrong gratefully received :)

System Spec:

EVGA 790FTW Digital

On Board Sound (Creative Card available but disabled due to PCI Bus crosstalk)

Intel QX9770 not overclocked

2of XFX 9800GX2 1GB VRAM in Quad SLI mode

8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Dell 3008 WFP Monitor

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

HOTAS Warthog

iPad 1 64GB WiFi/3G iOS 4.3.3

Edited by Darkstorm

You must save the the settings to the iControlDCS.lua.

That is done with the "Update Script" button under tools.

Make sure you have set the correct location of DCS first though.

I made that misstake and of course it did not save my changes.

Hi all, I purchased this today and have been playing around with my monitor settings to see what works. Now I do not have an Ipad yet, Just purchased in prep for Aug, so I dont know if this will affect the export to the pad. However here gos. I am planning to use I control to display the CDU, and of course to have the option of displaying the MFDS. AT the mo, I am running two Monitors with my main cockpit on the left and Both MFDS on the right monitor. This setup works great and I dont want to lose that. However to display the CDU I also need that showing on screen, and that looked cramped as it was showing text over the MFDS. What I did was to put the width and height to 10. At these settings I still have both my MFDS on my right screen but the text for the CDU is reduced so it can hardly be seen. A10 boots fine and seems to run ok, although I have not tested this with a connection to a Ipad so have no idea if it will affect it, I dont see why it should. For those who want to hide the MFDS also, Then this might be a way of doing it, Tech they are still on screen, But they will be too small to bother you. My IcontrolDCS.LUA is below.

This is for 2 23" Widescreen monitors running at 3840 x 1080

Maybe someone could test and see this works with a ipad connected

Hope this helps

Cowboy10uk

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***

--ICONTROLDCS v0.0.0.0

--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup

--Monitor lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('iControl DCS');

Description = 'Setup for iControl DCS MFCD and CDU Exports.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7777777777777777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 960;

height = 1080;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2880;

y = 0;

width = 960;

height = 1080;

}

CDU_EXPORT =

{

x = 2794;

y = 907;

width = 10;

height = 10;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You must save the the settings to the iControlDCS.lua.

That is done with the "Update Script" button under tools.

Make sure you have set the correct location of DCS first though.

I made that misstake and of course it did not save my changes.

Yup done that too.

Wherever I place the MFCDS within the drawn space, all I get on the iPad is the background as it appears in that position on the sim when it's running. If I place the 300x300 graphics on top of the MFCDs in the sim image then I still get them in background only with the perspective completely wrong making them useless as the buttons don't line up. If I zoom in and out, so does the MFCDS. And what is the 'correct' position of DCS - are we talking the server app that sends the data to the iPad, or the A10C simulation itself? Need to be careful with nomenclature here as in all cases the App and Server should be referred to by their correct names (perhaps iControlDCS and DCSServer?) and the sim as A10C so everyone knows what is being referred to?

Sorry to be picky, it's not intended to annoy, it's just safer for all those of us who are new to this A10C and therefore have to follow instructions carefully, even when we're seeking help. To me 'DCS' is the simulator product producer and not the sim or add-on names. You can tell I used to be a Quality Manager :helpsmilie: it saves any wrong assumptions or interpretations too :smartass::):pilotfly:

That's a no then. Didn't see that in the instructions anywhere. I'll try it tomorrow. I kbew it had to be simple.

If you're still having problems after you try this, please feel free to email support at the email address linked from the server home page.

I will look into if/why it's not setting this automatically as well!

What are the advantages of your version over Ghost_unit's profile for Touchir ?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

It's just an iPad. If I can ever get my hands on an ASUS transformer, I'll get started on an Android version.

MFDs still have to be exported. They are on the far left monitor.

i wait for this for Android, as i have Acer Iconia Tab A500, very similar hardware in respect to the Ipad2...

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

What are the advantages of your version over Ghost_unit's profile for Touchir ?

I've tried to make it very easy to set up (and will continue to refine the process until it's as simple as possible).

It's natively programmed for the iPad which results in improved performance, and more elaborate control over how to handle controls. It also means it will never be limited by what TouchIR can or can't do.

It doesn't require key bindings since it interfaces directly with DCS.

Ok, so it brings improvements in user friendliness.

I find the App a bit expensive (please don't understand that I have no respect for your work) it's just that I already have TouchIR, that is why I asked you about improvements.

Nevertheless I'll keep an eye on it, apparently you plan constant updates, never know how it will look in a few months.

Thx for the info, and good job!

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I would like to try what your are doing. Could you post the file changes you made, etc as to how you accomplished this method of displaying the MFCD's.

I have the Cougar and an extra monitor.

Sorry it took so long to find, I actually forgot where I found this tip :music_whistling:

check out this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70931

it was a simple matter of adding -- to line #72 of MFCD_init.lua in \DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\MFCD\indicator

I also add the dashes to line #74 as well which disables the MFCDs from showing while in outside view. It's all in the thread. works great! :thumbup:

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]