Audience Invitation - China 3GO Cyber Air Force 10th Anniversary Parade

Alex_rcpilot

Dear all,

China 3GO Cyber Air Force was established on April 26, 2001 by a group of veteran flight simulation enthusiasts. Since then, this organization has thrived over time and grown into one of the most influential cyber air combat communities in China.

For the past decade, 3GO has brought the sky closer to an entire generation of Chinese combat aviation enthusiasts. Each year, a growing number of modern air combat fans are attracted to 3GO by its persistent military-grade training standards, well-coordinated team work spirit and supply of highly skilled individuals ready to fight as either friends or foes. As squadrons expand and tactic exchanges diversify, 3GO has also become better known in the international community. In appreciation of those who have supported us all along, we’ve scheduled a massive parade at 13:00 GMT on Satuarday, April 23rd (21:00 local time).

3GO 1st Air Division, 2nd Air Division, 3rd Attack Division, 5th Navy Division, 3GO Air Cavalry Team, the Cube Aerobatic Team and the Black Shark Aerobatic Team have worked together on this parade. A mixed formation of over 40 aircraft from all divisions will perform a low pass over the airstrip, followed by a joint aerobatic display carried out by the Cube and the Black Shark Aerobatic Teams, an attempt probably no other team has ever done before.

The parade will be available for live webcast over http://www.livestream.com/billeinstein . Our pilots have gone through days of tireless training in preparation for this event. We are well-tuned and dedicated to present you with an exciting experience.

Cheers!

China 3GO Cyber Air Force

(English mirror: http://bbs.3gofly.com/en)

• ED Team

Greetings from the UK and congratulations to 3GO pilots. Enjoyed watching the replay, particularly the Black Shark sequences. Is this a record for the number of pilots with Flaming Cliffs 2 and Black Shark linked over the internet?

Suggestion: Why not create an edited version for youtube (say 10 minutes), but make sure that any background music is non-copyright and royalty free.

Regards

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Greetings from the UK and congratulations to 3GO pilots. Enjoyed watching the replay, particularly the Black Shark sequences. Is this a record for the number of pilots with Flaming Cliffs 2 and Black Shark linked over the internet?

Suggestion: Why not create an edited version for youtube (say 10 minutes), but make sure that any background music is non-copyright and royalty free.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for watching, Jim. 3GO server currently hosts all missions with Flaming Cliffs 2, the parade mission was joined by Black Shark clients. An edited video is at the top on our todo list, we will see if we can get a discrete soundtrack for it.

A lot has been going on since the planning of this event. I've only participated in a tiny fraction of the whole. Honestly, we've been taken by surprise numerous times. The parade was scheduled on a weekend evening, nice time for pilots to gather but also a rush hour for internet usage. That makes a very unpleasant recipe when combined with the crappy network infrastructure in China.

Inside the fleet, a couple of pilots were getting really high ping values and were having a hard time keeping a nice formation. On the ground, direct livestream hosts had just enough bandwidth to keep streaming video with the game connected. As one of the relay hosts, I kept losing connection on both downstreaming webpage and upstreaming Procaster service. I kept reconnecting more than two dozen times during just a couple of hours, and I guess viewers on my channel got pissed off really bad. Other relays had similar issues, few of us knew what was going on until we saw the replay and mission track screenshots. Anyway, we've overcome as much as we could with what we had.

I need to ask the guy who took the screenshots for permission to share them here. I will come back with some more info later.

Cheers!