Operation Flashpoint/Armed Assault info

The ground detail.. hmm maybe not so difficult. Lets say Eagle Dynamics developed the flanker series and used it as the Base that all this was developed. How many first person shooters are there. More to the point how big is the first person shooter market? Its huge, i mean really huge there must be millions of people playing and buying BF2 and other such games. So, if ED said "Ok we will develop one province ourselves and us it as the catalyst for all other provinces and release the "editor" to develop it free to all other software developers who design first person games. Or issue licences, whatever then all of a sudden you potentially have 1000's of people developing the ground terrain. Things like Nasa Worldwind provide the ability to look in detail at real locations. The potential to market a product like this could be very good.

Oooo la la , now thats an IDEA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

I'd say leave FPS until the very last, as it is lockon could easily run ships, tanks, helicopters and jets without any real changes. The major complication is FPS and detail level. Vehicles could actually operate in lockon now and still be playable with its current detail level.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
That's -a- solution, but not a great solution, IMHO.

If you have a huge amount of battelspace, it would be best to be able to use it all. Then you can set up battles pretty much anywhere.

There may be some techniques for populating a less dense map and making it denser, but there may be a performance/generation/load time hit to accomplish this.

Edit: ROman, that's pretty nice stuff. The problme is though that you're still missing a LOT of data at the detail level LOMAC's map's at - I mean the mesh specifically, the towns seem very nicely populated.

GGTharos, here is one solution to procedurally "populate" towns ...

http://www.binaryworlds.com/products.html