Easy Monitor Configurator

icemaker

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed the new version and as soon as it runs it trys to connect to a paypal website, but can't for some reason, and if I kill the IE window it just keeps popping back up until I exit EMC. To clarify, this happens when you allow the installer to launch EMC after the installation completes.

EDIT: One other little thing. If you change the install folder it fails to add 'Easy Monitor Configurator' to the updated path you selected.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Anyway I delete the ABRIS INT file from the source folder of EMC and it works.

OK, now I fully understand and reproduced your issue.

The bug is identified and a possible fix is in the Pipeline ! (see below)

@ Icemaker

Read my new E-mail and catch me over Skype and/or SMS if you need further explanations.

BTW: Made now further testing with the "Quick'n'Dirty" fix approach and I really can't see any disadvantage of doing it only over the profile by declaring an export that has only zeros in it.

That means also that we can leave the init.lua's as they are :)

...have to admit that I made "lousy" tests.. ;)

Means: when I made my testing I had at least the MFCD's and Shkval/Abris as an export. And I didn't had the Idea to only export - let's say - the digitalclock without the MFCD's.

Two pictures for better understanding what's going on (and it's the same for the Ka-50):

When you don't have the Abris/Shkval/MFCD's declared as an export you won't see them In-cockpit

MissingMFCD_zpsd7b8279e.jpg

VisibileMFCD_zps8aeb3171.jpg

Edited by PeterP

I have a strange problem here. I am running DCS World 1.2.3 and EMC 2.0. For testing purposes I connected a 2nd Screen to my PC and since it was on the right of me on the floor I configured it as my "right" Screen also in Windows. I was able to drag Programs to the right side, which then appeared on the right Monitor. This also worked flawless with EMC. I export a MFCD, drag it to the right to the right monitor and that´s it. So good so far.

Now that I really want to use it, I layed the cables and put the Screen on my Desk, on the LEFT side of my Main monitor. Again I made the change in Windows, so it is configured as my left monitor. I can drag programs to the left side, which appear on the left monitor.

But: In EMC, it does not let me drag the MFCD to the left monitor. I cannot cross the "monitor border" with EMC. It´s even more weird, because if I drag a MFCD as far left as I can (to the border of the Main monitor) and I then resize the MFCD to make it bigger, it appears on the left screen. Now I thought, that I have a small piece of the MFCD on the left screen I can grab it there and pull it fully over, but when I click on it it just snaps back to the Main monitor.

Is someone having his 2nd screen on the left side and having the same problem? Does somebody know if EMC stores some Configuration in the registry maybe which I need to reset? I was not able to find any EMC config files on the HDD (apart from the LUA files it generates in the DCS folder).

And yes, I also created a brand new LUA file within EMC, still the same problem :(

I have a strange problem here. I am running DCS World 1.2.3 and EMC 2.0. For testing purposes I connected a 2nd Screen to my PC and since it was on the right of me on the floor I configured it as my "right" Screen also in Windows. I was able to drag Programs to the right side, which then appeared on the right Monitor. This also worked flawless with EMC. I export a MFCD, drag it to the right to the right monitor and that´s it. So good so far.

Now that I really want to use it, I layed the cables and put the Screen on my Desk, on the LEFT side of my Main monitor. Again I made the change in Windows, so it is configured as my left monitor. I can drag programs to the left side, which appear on the left monitor.

But: In EMC, it does not let me drag the MFCD to the left monitor. I cannot cross the "monitor border" with EMC. It´s even more weird, because if I drag a MFCD as far left as I can (to the border of the Main monitor) and I then resize the MFCD to make it bigger, it appears on the left screen. Now I thought, that I have a small piece of the MFCD on the left screen I can grab it there and pull it fully over, but when I click on it it just snaps back to the Main monitor.

Is someone having his 2nd screen on the left side and having the same problem? Does somebody know if EMC stores some Configuration in the registry maybe which I need to reset? I was not able to find any EMC config files on the HDD (apart from the LUA files it generates in the DCS folder).

And yes, I also created a brand new LUA file within EMC, still the same problem :(

The problem is well known and it is caused by ED and the Software DCS:W. For the game it is not possible to go on the left direction from the main monitor. It places a coordinate system wit x=0 y=0 on the top left of your main monitor. No negative numbers allowed. This concludes that you have to set the sec. monitor as your right monitor. I did not hear any solve for this issue.

Hope it helps.

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

EMC has a protection to not create negative values. (everything left of the Mainscreen is a negative X coordinate)

Negative values let DCS not work/crash.

So you have to set your most left/top screen temporally as main-screen for setting up a EMC-profile.

And here is the help to place DCS left of your Main-screen :

To place the window of DCS in the upper left corner of the desktop ( left of the Main-monitor ) you will have to use the "PhantomMonitorFIX".

Download it here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37983

Start this small script before mission start.

Tip - place the exe or a shortcut of it in your startup folder ,

C:\Users\>User Name<\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to lower your workload .

So it is loaded when your system boots and you don't have to manually start it any more.

Don't worry about using up resources... Its footprint is barely measurable.

PhantomMonitorFix only gets active once when DCS switches into simulation mode - and after it it 'sleeps'.

Edited by PeterP

The problem is well known and it is caused by ED and the Software DCS:W. For the game it is not possible to go on the left direction from the main monitor. It places a coordinate system wit x=0 y=0 on the top left of your main monitor. No negative numbers allowed. This concludes that you have to set the sec. monitor as your right monitor. I did not hear any solve for this issue.

Hope it helps.

Now that you mention the X=0 y=0 issue I remember that I´ve stumbled upon this a long time ago somewhere in this forum. That makes sense and thank you very much for reminding me.

I´ll set it as the right monitor now, so the MFCDs can be placed on my "physical" lef monitor. It makes using the map in DCS World a bit strange, but you should sit in the plane anyway all the time :pilotfly:

Thanks, Icemaker, for a great program.

I have both the A-10C and Ka-50 modules installed, and with 1.2.2 both tabs (along with FC3) displayed in EMC. I uninstalled 1.2.2 and loaded a clean 1.2.3, and now EMC only displays the A-10C tab and the FC3 placeholder tab.

Is there anything I need to do in config files or the registry to get the Ka-50 to show up again?

Sorry, i was away from forums due to a full computer reinstallation this 3 past days!

@Home Fries: EMC reads registry keys to find out which modules are installed on the computer.

If KA-50 is not present on EMC it must be due to the KA-50 registry key is not present.

Try reinstalling KA-50 module.

@PeterP: Received your email, i look at this as soon as possible and i'll send you a new version for testing.

Thanks, Icemaker.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DCSW, verifying that the module installed and could be run. After EMC didn't display the Ka-50 again, I reinstalled EMC. Still no luck.

For amplifying information, I have the upgrade version of Black Shark 2. This could be important because I then went to the registry and noticed that the entry is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\KA-50bs1

Since the Ka-50 tab used to work on 1.2.2, I'm wondering if ED changed their registry entry to differentiate between the BS2 upgrade version and the standalone version.

Yes Fries, regedit was changed by ED

To configure my EMC, i rename HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\KA-50bs1 to KA-50 and made the necessary configurations in EMC, then i rename back to KA-50bs1

:(

Another ED Change without any information! I think i'll call M.PHELPS This mission is impossible!

*sigh*

This mod just tried to melt my PC.. unfortunately i lost a load of work too..I was a fool for not saving it.

I just installed the mod.. after completion i ticked the run now box, and bam! It opened 100s of web browser tabs to paypal causing the PC to lock up due to memory issues.

Not very happy about that..

Can you please tell me what lua files it installed so i can remove this asap. Thanks.

clipboardimager.png

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Sorry-

This bug is already reported .

And it won't be triggered again if you start EMC again.

If you didn't made any changes in EMC you didn't installed/changed files in your DCS World installation.

Just use the UN-installer and you should be fine. (see picture two posts above)

And again: after it happened once , it will not happen again ... and EMC is save to use.

A fix is in the pipeline. - that's all I can say.

Edited by PeterP

Yes i'm sorry for that, i'll update the package tonight...

In fact when installshield launches EMC something goes wrong, and EMC tries tuo lauch multiple times the donation link (dont know why!) so it just overload IE or Firefox then it crashes!

Nothing wrong with EMC itself.

If you try to launch after that EMC no more problems come.

All my apologizes to every one that get this issue!

Edited by icemaker

PeterP and icemaker are telling the truth. After the first install the browser problem does not reoccur.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
*sigh*

This mod just tried to melt my PC.. unfortunately i lost a load of work too..I was a fool for not saving it.

I just installed the mod.. after completion i ticked the run now box, and bam! It opened 100s of web browser tabs to paypal causing the PC to lock up due to memory issues.

Not very happy about that..

Can you please tell me what lua files it installed so i can remove this asap. Thanks.

clipboardimager.png

Has this been fixed? I'd love to use this once my two Liliputs come in for my MFD's.