Easy Monitor Configurator

icemaker

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all -

Having a problem with even getting started here. When I run EMC, I get a Windows alert stating:

"LUA Files Not Installed ... Install Necessary LUA Files With EMC_Installer"

I click "OK" and the EMC Installer window opens up. It shows my DCS A-10C install path as blank (no data) and also says "LUA Files Not Modified".

When I press the "Install" button, nothing happens. When I press the "Close" button, it starts the process over again. My only recourse is to close via the window frame "X" button.

Obviously, the issue here is that EMC does not see my install directory, yet I can't see a way to rectify this.

W7Pro 64, everything done as Administrator, install directory is C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCS A-10C Warthog.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Harz

dcs_sig.jpg

Hi all -

Having a problem with even getting started here. When I run EMC, I get a Windows alert stating:

"LUA Files Not Installed ... Install Necessary LUA Files With EMC_Installer"

I click "OK" and the EMC Installer window opens up. It shows my DCS A-10C install path as blank (no data) and also says "LUA Files Not Modified".

When I press the "Install" button, nothing happens. When I press the "Close" button, it starts the process over again. My only recourse is to close via the window frame "X" button.

Obviously, the issue here is that EMC does not see my install directory, yet I can't see a way to rectify this.

W7Pro 64, everything done as Administrator, install directory is C:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCS A-10C Warthog.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Harz

there was a post about EMC not working with Steam - I think

err..

copy all to a DCS default dir?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all~

Did a clean install of ver 1.08 (several times) Come to find out the reason for it crashing to desktop was because I changed the monitor resolution to what it was for the last version (I have 2 monitors, each 1920x1080~ 1080p) which was 3840x1080... When I tried to run A10 it would give me an appcrash dialog, and put me to the debrief screen.

I set it back to 1920x1080 and it works fine~ BTW I still have my custom EMC file loaded~

Any help here??

Thanx!

EMC has decided to save files incorrectly. Fresh install. Missing top half of the file.

{

x = 2902;

y = 118;

width = 384;

height = 384;

}

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2162;

y = 89;

width = 370;

height = 370;

}

CDU =

{

x = 2187;

y = 592;

width = 285;

height = 285;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Back to manual edits.

Cj

<tears hair out>

hey guys, DCS doesnt seem to be able to recognise the monitor profile in the options menu, Ive made sure that Ive done everything that everyones said.

maybe a team viewer session will fix this?:helpsmilie::smilewink::joystick:

As said above it looks like EMC is not saving the header info At present which would explain why you don't see the profiles.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

start a new <monitor.profile.NAME>.lua

i think its something with windows security

and its with used file name

another filename fixed it for me

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Icemaker, quick question DCS: A-10c is installed via Steam on a drive other then C: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\dcs a-10c warthog" It seems that The EMC as well as the LUA installer cannot find the path to the program nor will it allow any method to point it to it's location is there a command line that can be run or a ini file that could be used to point it at the correct location?

Regards

Kevin

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

• 2 weeks later...
@icemaker: the CDU screen seems to be from the MFD section. is there a way to get readout from the CDU from the right hand panel (NOT MFD)?

btw great tool!! thx for that!

cheers flex

err ..

I'm of the opposite impression

.. it's the CDU's own screen

you can compare the Font and the width/height

.. makes sense also (CDU = CDU, MFCD = all kinds of MFCD)

Ok I had EMC working and then something changed and now I cannot get the mfds or RWR to display. I have two 1920x1080 monitors and have in game res set to 3840X1080. Nothing will display! Here is my lua file that emc creates..

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Mike');

Description = 'Mike'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777777778;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = -412;

y = 94;

width = 372;

height = 372;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = -1823;

y = 99;

width = 372;

height = 372;

}

RWR =

{

x = -1068;

y = 391;

width = 202;

height = 202;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I have also tried changing the res in the lua file to 3840X1080 but it does not help. Any help is appreciated as i have just bought the cougar mfd's and want to use them on my monitor.

Ok I had EMC working and then something changed and now I cannot get the mfds or RWR to display. I have two 1920x1080 monitors and have in game res set to 3840X1080. Nothing will display! Here is my lua file that emc creates..

delete 'mike' and start over

(I think its a file permissoins bug, seen this before)

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Mike');

Description = 'Mike'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777777777778;

}

or delete everything after this (and start over)

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = -412;

values like this - i think - cannot be negative, is the problem - i think

.. I have also tried changing the res in the lua file to 3840X1080 but it does not help. Any help is appreciated as i have just bought the cougar mfd's and want to use them on my monitor.

the res should be changed typing directly into you OPTIONS / RESOLUTION box

and DCS will calculate the aspect for u

• 3 weeks later...

Problems since 1.1.0.9

Does anyone else encounter problems with displaying EMC configurated viewports since upgrading to DCS Warthog vers. 1.1.0.9?

After launching the game, all displays (RWR, MFDs, a.s.o.) are displayed in the upper left corner of the main display, one on the other.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue getting this to work. As I understand it you simply start ecm click new,name it,save it, check what you want, manouver where you want, save again, start the sim, imput combined res, then play? My main monitor is a 42" plasma and my secondary is an Acer 19" wide screen.

Edited by strike277

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!