HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is HawgTouch latest Export.lua file. Replace with current one to get data export to work :)

I'm getting the same problem as a few posts prior: Data Export says DCS A10 is not found, and when I click enable it says "could not find a part of the path '\Config\Export\Export.back'.

I have downloaded DCS World directly, not through Steam, and installed the A10 module. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm getting the same problem as a few posts prior: Data Export says DCS A10 is not found, and when I click enable it says "could not find a part of the path '\Config\Export\Export.back'.

I have downloaded DCS World directly, not through Steam, and installed the A10 module. Is there something I'm missing?

Do not use the data export feature from within HawgTouch, just use the Export.lua I provided in the post earlier and replace it with your current one (Make sure to back the old one up!)

Hey CD... Any tips to help me get my CDU to work? The hawgtouch modifier key callouts don't seem to work in DCS:World.

Thoughts?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Do not use the data export feature from within HawgTouch, just use the Export.lua I provided in the post earlier and replace it with your current one (Make sure to back the old one up!)

Weird, I was going to reply and say "that's what I did", but I wanted to test something first. Last time I had the problem where the gauges didn't work on the second monitor, so I tried putting one on the main screen. I checked and made sure Export.lua was the one you provided.

Booted up, and not only did the main screen control panel work, but so were all my gauges on the second monitor. Loaded my original (MFCD's and gauges on second monitor), and everything worked fine. I swear it didn't work yesterday, but I have no idea what I could have changed.

Either way, everything works except my key bindings (I just reinstalled DCS World and A10 so I'm back to default), but hopefully once I set everything again it will all work.

Hey a CD... Thank you for the reply. It appears I, and a few others, are having problems with mapping a modified key combo to work with the CDU. My issue was posted on page 62 and I have still yet to resolve it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1538339&postcount=616

I have tried some of the combos on pg59 but appear to not be able to get them to work.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1466146&postcount=588

I would appreciate any assistance but completely understand if you are busy with RL.

Cheers!

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Seems like RSHIFT is not functional anymore. I'll take a deeper look into that during the next few days. More likely toward the weekend.

I'll also have to fix the Data Export feature to fit with DCS World so there seems to be alot of stuff that needs to be done.

I'll work on a very quick fixed 1.6 version to resolve all these issues and make sure HT continues to function properly with the new additions :)

Stay tuned.

Is there a way to use the MFCD day/night/off switch? I don't understand how to make a button in the XML file that could do three types of functions. Thanks.

Make a rotary switch using HawgTouch RotarySwitch control and bind it to the switch in-game. It should work as long as you got the graphics for it :)

Seems like RSHIFT is not functional anymore. I'll take a deeper look into that during the next few days. More likely toward the weekend.

I'll also have to fix the Data Export feature to fit with DCS World so there seems to be alot of stuff that needs to be done.

I'll work on a very quick fixed 1.6 version to resolve all these issues and make sure HT continues to function properly with the new additions :)

Stay tuned.

Cheers ClearDark!

I'd recommend testing the key callbacks on the modifiers right through... even when i tried setting modifiers which were green in madtommy's list, i still had some inconsistencies.

Your work is very much appreciated - i feel bad impacting your time with my requests.

thanks a bunch!

I just downloaded Tahmaring's (sp?) CDU profile and tried to use his stock bindings in hopes that perhaps he had some modiefier combos that worked beyond {RSHIFT}

I tried to map both CDU "0" and CDU"1" with his profile. The .xml for the two are below:

<Button>

<Name>1</Name>

<PressedImage>\Images\CDU\pressed\1.png</PressedImage>

<DepressedImage>\Images\CDU\depressed\1.png</DepressedImage>

<Type>ClickButton</Type>

<ID>17</ID>

<X>19</X>

<Y>533</Y>

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{RCONTROL}i</KeyCommand>

</Button>

<Button>

<Name>0</Name>

<PressedImage>\Images\CDU\pressed\0.png</PressedImage>

<DepressedImage>\Images\CDU\depressed\0.png</DepressedImage>

<Type>ClickButton</Type>

<ID>51</ID>

<X>114</X>

<Y>803</Y>

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{RCONTROL}{RALT}i</KeyCommand>

</Button>

Both buttons are only recognized as "i" in the DCS World keymapper... perhaps all modifiers are pooched?

Edited by dooom

As promised, I did some tests. It looks like all the combinations I tried worked. I did not try tmharing's default configurations.

Here is a short sample clip demonstrating my tests:

http://screencast.com/t/2dOAwntlhpl

Also, here is a new 1.6 EXE for HawgTouch, please test it and report how it works so I can release to general public :) HT 1.6 TEST Download

In addition, to make sure your keystrokes are sent, run HawgTouch as Administrator, it will also help if you load your profile AFTER you loaded up DCS and then immediately go back to DCS. That will make sure your keystrokes are sent to the right process (Last window)

In your first post the link to "SUPPORTED KEY SHORTCUTS LIST"results in a 404 error.

plz excuse for language, I´m no native english speaker ...

I´d like to post a reproducable bug:

- assuming that modifiers {LSHIFT} and {RSHIFT} are possible (is there a comlete list of modifiers provided anywhere?)

- Windows 7 Ultimate N 64 Bit

- I´m running Hawktouch as administrator

- I open Notepad++

- I load profile test.xml

- I click into a open notepad++ document

OSB1 results in output '1' (should be '!' as a result of {RSHIFT}1)

where OSB2 results in output '!' (is correct)

Profile:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Tabs>

<MonitorID>1</MonitorID>

<LatchTo>BottomRight</LatchTo>

<NotepadSize Width="1024" Height="768"/>

<PDF Name="Ground Charts">F:\ED_DCS\HawkTouch\Documents\DCS_Ground_Charts_v350.pdf</PDF>

<PDF Name="VO Charts">F:\ED_DCS\HawkTouch\Documents\DCS_Visual_Operation_Charts_v350.pdf</PDF>

<Tab>

<ID>1</ID>

<Name>MFCD + UFC</Name>

<Controls>

<Control>

<Name>MFCDLeft</Name>

<PanelImage>\Images\MFCDs\mfcd.png</PanelImage>

<X>1680</X>

<Y>424</Y>

<ShowTitleButtons>true</ShowTitleButtons>

<SizePercent>100</SizePercent>

<Buttons>

<!-- TOP ROW - 5 OSB'S -->

<Button>

<Name>OSB1</Name>

<PressedImage>\Images\MFCDs\pressed.png</PressedImage>

<DepressedImage>\Images\MFCDs\unpressed.png</DepressedImage>

<Type>ClickButton</Type>

<ID>2</ID>

<Y>10</Y>

<X>150</X>

<KeyCommand>{RSHIFT}1</KeyCommand>

</Button>

<Button>

<Name>OSB2</Name>

<PressedImage>\Images\MFCDs\pressed.png</PressedImage>

<DepressedImage>\Images\MFCDs\unpressed.png</DepressedImage>

<Type>ClickButton</Type>

<ID>2</ID>

<Y>10</Y>

<X>212</X>

<KeyCommand>{LSHIFT}1</KeyCommand>

</Button>

</Buttons>

</Control>

</Controls>

</Tab>

</Tabs>

Edited by I./ZG15_FALKE

Make a rotary switch using HawgTouch RotarySwitch control and bind it to the switch in-game. It should work as long as you got the graphics for it :)

Sorry, but what do you mean by "If you have the graphics for it?"

I guess you mean the graphics for the switch, and for now I just used the one from the showcase. I put it over top of the MFCD's, and it moves like it should. However whatever I put in the <Keycommand> line does not work. Any thoughts? It shows up and rotates fine, but it doesn't actually execute the command. I've tried changing the command to make sure it wasn't a modifier that didn't work, but even if I put <Keycommand>R</KeyCommand> it won't do anything.

Any thoughts? Thanks for all your help.

Edited by kharne

Sorry, but what do you mean by "If you have the graphics for it?"

I guess you mean the graphics for the switch, and for now I just used the one from the showcase. I put it over top of the MFCD's, and it moves like it should. However whatever I put in the <Keycommand> line does not work. Any thoughts? It shows up and rotates fine, but it doesn't actually execute the command. I've tried changing the command to make sure it wasn't a modifier that didn't work, but even if I put <Keycommand>R</KeyCommand> it won't do anything.

Any thoughts? Thanks for all your help.

All key commands should be in lowercase, IE : r instead of R

ClearDark pleas help,

www.rendezvaux.com/hawgtouch/htevents.txt

is not to be found anymore.

Further tests with a keyboardanalyser on a different PC reveal that RSHIFT is not recognised. Where LSHIFT, LCONTROL, LALT etc. are?!

RALT is recognised as LCONTROL RALT?

Any chance to sort this out?

Is it only me having this problem? Strange, with two different PC´s and two different Keyboards used.

All key commands should be in lowercase, IE : r instead of R

Still nothing. I tried "g" for one of them and the gear worked, so I must have done something wrong with the commands.

It seems like anything with a modifier won't work. I've tried RCONTROL, RALT, LSHIFT - no luck. If I remove a modifer, it seems to work. But I don't have enough keys.

<Button>

<Name>Right MFCD switch</Name>

<Image>\Images\KNOB1.png</Image>

<Type>RotarySwitch</Type>

<ID>28</ID>

<Y>490</Y>

<X>50</X>

<Options>

<Option>

<Rotation>70</Rotation>

<KeyCommand>{RCONTROL}r</KeyCommand>

</Option>

<Option>

<Rotation>90</Rotation>

<KeyCommand>{RALT}r</KeyCommand>

</Option>

<Option>

<Rotation>110</Rotation>

<KeyCommand>{RALT}{RCONTROL}r</KeyCommand>

</Option>

</Options>

</Button>

Edited by kharne

It all works for me, playing latest DCS World A-10 Module...

I'm not really sure what the issue might be, running HawgTouch as administrator is a must. If 'g' alone works but a modifier with 'g' doesn't work it might seem like a whole other issue but I cannot replicate it...

More feedback would be appreciated.

It all works for me, playing latest DCS World A-10 Module...

I'm not really sure what the issue might be, running HawgTouch as administrator is a must. If 'g' alone works but a modifier with 'g' doesn't work it might seem like a whole other issue but I cannot replicate it...

More feedback would be appreciated.

I can't figure it out. My MFCD's work fine with modifiers. My rotary switch works great with one key, but I haven't found a single modifier that works with it. I added commands to the test/showcase profile rotary, and get the same results.