HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Through dumb luck I was able to edit the .xml file to get just the MFCD's, from ShowcaseProfile.xml. I can change the size, but the x, y, coordinance doesn't. I'm using notepad ++, & saving. What am I missing ?

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through dumb luck I was able to edit the .xml file to get just the MFCD's, from ShowcaseProfile.xml. I can change the size, but the x, y, coordinance doesn't. I'm using notepad ++, & saving. What am I missing ?

What you are looking for is:

<PanelImage>\Images\UFC\ufc-main-panel.png</PanelImage>
<X>80</X>
<Y>10</Y>

That along with:

<MonitorID>1</MonitorID>

Is going to define where to display panel (panel includes other items).

Do not forget that you are looking ONLY for X and Y that are located directly under <PanelImage> tag or defined directly within:

<Controls> 
     <Control>

</Control>
</Controls>

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Thanks Nu-NRG. It may be the controls one, but don't know what to do with it. :doh:

This is the file in .txt. If you take a look, I'd appreciate it.

Also I just noticed I lost button 1 right mfd

Edited by rld1

Getting that data "out" is not that difficult, and so is reading it and translating it into actual graphical representation.

You mentioned that you aren't a pro coder which means you do code. Which languages do you code with? I might be able to send you some understandable source right away :)

More or less everything which comes with MS Vis Studio Exp would fit, like VB, C#. If inevitable also C++ and JAVA. In most cases I get along with examples and other peoples code in a mix :smilewink: VB would be best if I have the choice, but I would be thankful for anything which tells me the principle.

ClearDark, do you have any source code for me? I'd be grateful for everly little scrap. Thnx.

EDIT:

ClearDark seems to be absent at the moment and so I tried to code it myself.

see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=78778

Edited by TheRat
Update

Win 7 64Bit, 2 X TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TM Cougar MFDs, 1 x PitHardware "Armament HUD Control Panel" (homegrown), TrackIR, 3x 30" w/ NVIDIA Surround, 1x 30" Helios

• 4 weeks later...
What are you having troubles with?

The gauges work out of the box. As long as you enable Data Export from HawgTouch.

There are some MFCD's profiles around. And one inside the ShowcaseProfile.

Yes. You'll have to tweak a little bit for that though.

In the Export.lua file, you have to change the line containing:

localAddress = "127.0.0.1"

to

localAddress = "enter the target ip here"

Launch HawgTouch on the target machine and load the gauges up. They will receive the data and come to life.

I am doing a first time setup and I do not see this

localAddress = "127.0.0.1" line anywhere in the

A10-C\Config\Export\Export.lua file in my 1.1.0.9 installation. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, is there a Tutorial or something for HawgTouch? I got the HT CDU on my second monitor, enabled data export, but the buttons are not pressable. So obviously I missed something, but what?

Did you bind the keys in the game?

Ingame, yes. but I suppose I have to bind or assign the buttons in HawgTouch as well?

no - Hawgtouch already has bindings assigned.... simply start Hawgtouch before you start A10, then open A10 options and go to controls. Then all you have to do is touch the corrosponding button on the Hawgtouch display to enter its bindings...

eg. goto UFC controls in a10 and click the keyboard binding for steerpoint toggle up, now go to hawgtouch and press on the steerpoint up rocker and "presto" you have now bound the hawgtouch rocker in the a10. open a quick mission and test that it works. If things are wonky, then delete the binding(s) that were there and retry binding the HT rocker so that its key combo is the only one int he a10 controls.

clear as mud?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

no - Hawgtouch already has bindings assigned.... simply start Hawgtouch before you start A10, then open A10 options and go to controls. Then all you have to do is touch the corrosponding button on the Hawgtouch display to enter its bindings...

eg. goto UFC controls in a10 and click the keyboard binding for steerpoint toggle up, now go to hawgtouch and press on the steerpoint up rocker and "presto" you have now bound the hawgtouch rocker in the a10. open a quick mission and test that it works. If things are wonky, then delete the binding(s) that were there and retry binding the HT rocker so that its key combo is the only one int he a10 controls.

clear as mud?

thanks, I will try that. I have bound the keys in A-10 without touching anything in hawgtouch.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anybody upload latest version to some over file hosting, because the rendezvaux.com site is down.

I'm going to be home in around an hour. Seems like the server rebooted and got stuck on load. Ill free it up ASAP. Ill post back here when it's up again.

Thanks for letting me know!

I'm making a profile for the ABRIS for BlackShark2 but i cannot figure out how to make the rotaries work correctly.

What i need is to be able to have keystrokes repeat for as long as the button is depressed.. but I'm not sure if this is possible and if it is how to do it. This is to make the cursor move around the map.

Any help would be much appreciated.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I'm making a profile for the ABRIS for BlackShark2 but i cannot figure out how to make the rotaries work correctly.

What i need is to be able to have keystrokes repeat for as long as the button is depressed.. but I'm not sure if this is possible and if it is how to do it. This is to make the cursor move around the map.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think CD is working on rotary feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having trouble programming rotaries on the AAP panel to work. I have the MFCD's working with default HT keybindings, but somehow modifiers don't seem to work for the AAP.

I tested with notepad and LSHIFT+anything works, however in-game the modifier doesn't seem to work. For example LSHIFT+4 only reads as 4 (moving the LASTE selector) or LSHIFT+6 only reads as 6 (CMS FWD).

I also tried with RSHIFT and even in notepad the modifier seems to get ignored. 4 comes out as 4 instead of $.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me out with my xml profile.

I've managed to make a profile using other's examples and have got the MFCD bezels and UFC up and running. I'd like to add some gauges at this point, but when I copy and paste in the code from the 1.5 features profile, it doesn't appear on screen. If I run the 1.5 features profile, all the gauges come up, and work with the sim ok.

I've looked through each xml file and can't see any differences other than the 1.5 features profile has a line that loads a panel image. Do I need this to get the gauges to work?

Brilliant work by the way, I've just started with this sim, Hawg Touch just makes it! Cheers for any help..

01_Mike's Profile.zip

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for your help, the profile I uploaded doesn't have the gauge code in, just imagine I pasted in the code for fuel qty after the </controls> section..

New to this, never fiddled with files in this way, forgive me..