HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Just configured SoftTh and would like to know if I can get Hawgtouch to overlay on my second monitor. HT works fine in windowed mode, but would like to use the extra FPS available in full screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HT does not work in Full Screen mode. Unless something has changed recently. Shame as I have 3 monitors & had to ditch HT as FPS dropped too low in windowed mode. There must be some way to do it but way over my head as far as the programming to do so is concerned.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

As I understand it, in full screen mode, only one application can have hold of graphics card at any given time. If you want to switch between applications in Full Screen, the running application has to give up its access to the graphics card and pass it over. This is not always handled very well which is why you often see crashing after ALT+TABing out of a game then trying to get back in.

The overhead from using windowed mode is due to it having to render all of the stuff underneath, in Full Screen it doesn't bother as you can not see it anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

Hey guys,

I'm still alive, had issues with the download server which will be updated today and resume operations.

Project is not dead, 1.6 is still under development but I'm taking the time due to all the RL things that popped out of nowhere :)

After 1.6 release I will be also releasing the source code for both HT and the gaugepack. So stay tuned and I promise you more updates as I get them :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Cleardark hope all is well at you end. This fantastic thread has popped off the front page so just thought I would give it a bump.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Also looks like Cleardarks forums have been hit with spammers!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Hi guys, i need little help on mapping the buttons in hawgtouch. I added the UFC to my screen, but since the original UFC's buttons in the xml are mapped to 1, i have to make the mappings by miself. So i already mapped the number buttons in DCS: A-10C to LEFTCTL+LEFTWIN+LEFTALT+NUMPAD1 (UFC button 1 for example). In the xml i've written {LCtrl} {LWin} {LAlt} {Numpad1} - is that correct? Or have i to wright {Numpad1} without { and }?

Had no time to test it yet, had to drive to work, that's the reason why i'm asking :)

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Yes, i copy&paste them directly from the “supported keys list“. And what about numpad buttons? Should i whrite them with or without { } - symbols?

Ps: didn't expected the answer that fast! Thanks, rep inbound :)

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Yes, i copy&paste them directly from the “supported keys list“. And what about numpad buttons? Should i whrite them with or without { } - symbols?

Ps: didn't expected the answer that fast! Thanks, rep inbound :)

Numpads are the same. Including the pointy brackets {}

{NUMPAD1}, {NUMPAD2} and so on :)

• Like 1

Ok, big thanks mate! Awesome program btw ;)

Just an aside since Im not at home to check, does anyone know if HT passes the keyboard input on a networked PC through to the main PC? I realised if it did it would be a way to get around DCS not liking HIDMACRO.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hey folks, i changed the MFCD's to use them without any scaling (100% setting) on a 1280x1024 monitor. Just wanted get rid of that "anoying" pink borders, it seems to be the only way to me. Adjusted the positions of the buttons as well. If somebody who uses a 1280x1024 monitor too is interested, so i'll add the files here.

The MFCD'S are 640x640 and the displayed area is 504x504 (with no pink borders)

Just an aside since Im not at home to check, does anyone know if HT passes the keyboard input on a networked PC through to the main PC? I realised if it did it would be a way to get around DCS not liking HIDMACRO.

It does. It sends mouse clicks on the panels which are translated into your binded macro keys.

In this video you can see HawgTouch running on 3 computers.

The master where A-10 runs, running in Server mode.

2nd PC, on remote desktop, running HawgTouch in REMOTE mode.

3rd PC, my work laptop, running HawgTouch in REMOTE mode.

Hitting keys from both "REMOTE" computers will not only send the data back to the sim and process it, but the result will also be posted to ALL clients which will update accordingly.

Vid:

Instructions on setup can be found on the main thread here :)

First of all: Thank you for this great tool. Makes flying the hog a lot of easier. And the fighting is much more efficient. Big thanks.

What I'd like to ask: Is anyone working on the VHF AM, VHF FM, UHF, TCN and ILS Panels? I know there is a bug in some dials on the radios, but I hope they get fixed in the naxt patch. But it's a pain i the ass to dial in the right frequency especially on the VHF AM Radio during start-up. The Throttle conceales half of the panel. And to look around it with TIR5 isn't that easy either.

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

First of all: Thank you for this great tool. Makes flying the hog a lot of easier. And the fighting is much more efficient. Big thanks.

What I'd like to ask: Is anyone working on the VHF AM, VHF FM, UHF, TCN and ILS Panels? I know there is a bug in some dials on the radios, but I hope they get fixed in the naxt patch. But it's a pain i the ass to dial in the right frequency especially on the VHF AM Radio during start-up. The Throttle conceales half of the panel. And to look around it with TIR5 isn't that easy either.

All these repeaters are available in HawgTouch 1.5 :)

All these repeaters are available in HawgTouch 1.5 :)

I know about the repeaters. But what I would like to have is the whole panel. I know I could do it myself, but it would look terrible. It's not the xml-coding, it's the grahics what's my problem.

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

I know about the repeaters. But what I would like to have is the whole panel. I know I could do it myself, but it would look terrible. It's not the xml-coding, it's the grahics what's my problem.

If you want. i could try to paint the textures for you :)

If you want. i could try to paint the textures for you :)

Really? That would be awesome cool. With all the switches, knobes, etc?

But mate, you don't need to hurry.

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224