HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Clear dark & Co...I'm very impressed, your work is outstanding. :thumbup:

My secondary - awaiting TM Cougar MFD's

Quick question....can I get rid of (or hide) the control buttons in the top right of each panel??

A10c.jpg

secondmonitor.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear dark & Co...I'm very impressed, your work is outstanding. :thumbup:

My secondary - awaiting TM Cougar MFD's

Quick question....can I get rid of (or hide) the control buttons in the top right of each panel??

A10c.jpg

secondmonitor.jpg

Great looking setup! Good work!

You can easily remove the control boxes on the top right by setting the <ShowTitleButtons>true</ShowTitleButtons> property to

<ShowTitleButtons>false</ShowTitleButtons>

Each panel has that property so make sure you disable them all!

Enjoy HawgTouch :)

• Like 1

Thanks CD.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

You need to add a condition for each button, takes quite a while. Have a look at the profile I posted and change the image names if you like to be Tyrixs, which will speed it up. Basically each light is its own button and event.

OK, I have the warning panel positioned perfectly ( just fits a 19" monitor with the MFCD's, CDU and UFC thats in the ACC.XML ClearDark sorted for me earlier in the thread).

Now my question is how do I get DCS to send the light instructions to the Hawg Touch warning panel? Sorry for the novice question, but I see no "init" guage files to export like the other panel guages. The warning panel seems to be in a Main panel init.lua in the A10c/cockpit folder? The lines are like this;-

caution_lamp(404,SystemsSignals.flag_MASTER_WARNING_STUB) -- MASTER WARNING

caution_lamp(480,SystemsSignals.flag_ENG_START_CYCLE) -- CAUTION LIGHT PANEL etc......

What do I edit to get the HT warning panel lit?

Apologies for my dumbness:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

OK, I have the warning panel positioned perfectly ( just fits a 19" monitor with the MFCD's, CDU and UFC thats in the ACC.XML ClearDark sorted for me earlier in the thread).

Now my question is how do I get DCS to send the light instructions to the Hawg Touch warning panel? Sorry for the novice question, but I see no "init" guage files to export like the other panel guages. The warning panel seems to be in a Main panel init.lua in the A10c/cockpit folder? The lines are like this;-

caution_lamp(404,SystemsSignals.flag_MASTER_WARNING_STUB) -- MASTER WARNING

caution_lamp(480,SystemsSignals.flag_ENG_START_CYCLE) -- CAUTION LIGHT PANEL etc......

What do I edit to get the HT warning panel lit?

Apologies for my dumbness:doh:

The caution panel lights are already being sent to HawgTouch (since version 1.3)

What you need to do is tie the button you want lit with the corresponding export event.

To do this you need to use the <DataImportID> property on the caution panel ClickButton controls.

To see the full list of statuses exported click HERE

Notice under STATUSES section, the statuses beginning with CP_ are caution panel items.

Here's a quick code snippet, check the BOLD parts:

<Button>
           <Name>ENG_STRT_CYC</Name>
           [b]<DataImportID>CP_ENG_STRT_CYC</DataImportID>[/b]
           <Clickable>false</Clickable>
           <PressedImage>\Images\Tyrix_CP\CP_EGS.png</PressedImage>
           <DepressedImage>\Images\Tyrix_CP\CP_EGS-off.png</DepressedImage>
           <Type>ClickButton</Type>
           <ID>1</ID>
           <X>80</X>
           <Y>24</Y>
           <KeyCommand></KeyCommand>            
         </Button>
         <Button>
           <Name>L_HYD_PRS</Name>
           [b]<DataImportID>CP_L_HYD_PRS</DataImportID>[/b]
           <Clickable>false</Clickable>
           <PressedImage>\Images\Tyrix_CP\CP_LHYDP.png</PressedImage>
           <DepressedImage>\Images\Tyrix_CP\CP_LHYDP-off.png</DepressedImage>
           <Type>ClickButton</Type>
           <ID>2</ID>
           <X>147</X>
           <Y>24</Y>
           <KeyCommand></KeyCommand>
         </Button>

This code was taken from Tyrix's Caution Panel which can be found here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1175554&postcount=170

If you got any more questions let me know :)

Again thanks for super fast reply. I am a real Dumb.ass!

"What you need to do is tie the button you want lit with the corresponding export event."

"To do this you need to use the <DataImportID> property on the caution panel ClickButton controls".

So how do I tie the button to the export event? Do I need to edit the mainpanel_init.lua? Or am I not getting it?

I have Tyrix's panel xml in the editor now, I dont know what to edit?:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Again thanks for super fast reply. I am a real Dumb.ass!

"What you need to do is tie the button you want lit with the corresponding export event."

"To do this you need to use the <DataImportID> property on the caution panel ClickButton controls".

So how do I tie the button to the export event? Do I need to edit the mainpanel_init.lua? Or am I not getting it?

I have Tyrix's panel xml in the editor now, I dont know what to edit?:doh:

Tyrix cp is ready to be usef out of the box. You dont need to change a thing :)

You will never have to mess with the export.lua file what so ever. The code I sampled below was aimed at helping you in case yiu create your own CP and how to tie events in HT in general :)

Thanks, I will try it again. It did not work before. I thought I had to do something else like the edits in the Monitor setup and the "init.lua".:cry:

Thanks, I will try it again. It did not work before. I thought I had to do something else like the edits in the Monitor setup and the "init.lua".:cry:

Make sure data export is enabled and you are running as Administrator :)

:thumbup:

Make sure data export is enabled and you are running as Administrator :)

OK. Tried the Tyrix file alone and the one incorporated into our ACC.xml and no joy.

Everythings running in administrator, but how do I ensure "data export" is enabled?

LARGE EDIT;

Everything now works. I had not enabled Data Export, hence my confusion and my bothering you taking up your valuable time.

Ya see, I guess its trying to learn how to fly a military masterpiece and learn how to add your Hawg Touch masterpieces thats alowing me to become error prone....More Coffee required:music_whistling::D

Edited by Accipiter

OK. Tried the Tyrix file alone and the one incorporated into our ACC.xml and no joy.

Everythings running in administrator, but how do I ensure "data export" is enabled?

Look at HawgTouch main window.

At the Data Export section (left) it would say either:

DISABLED (red)

ENABLED (green)

HELIOS (green)

OUTDATED (orange)

If you have anything but ENABLED it wouldn't work. Click the [Enable] button and restart the sim! You should be good to go

CD. FYI the Vne (max speed) bar on the ASI stays fixed whereas in reality it moves according to altitude (or more specifically air density). The Airspeed indicator works as advertised.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Thanks Druid_

The Vne data is not exported by DCS-A10C at all (or I was just unable to find it), hence why that particular needle stays static.

I could derive the value from altitude and current speed if I had the exact formula. I'll try to guesstimate it as best as I can for future releases (or just look harder for that little piece of info)

BTW ppl, me and CD were talking about something the other day. Broadcast address :D

I actually tested it. It works :P

In my case 192.168.157.255. Be warry that X.X.X.255 is NOT an actual IP but is a broadcast address :D

Setting X.X.X.255 in export.lua will send data to entire network :P

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Version 1.6 (next release) will be compatible with Steam.

I've written several people around these boards requesting some help with the Steam release as I don't have that specific copy.

I'm still waiting on some answers, I'll post updates soon :)

ClearDark if you need any help with making a HawgTouch Steam compatible version just PM me.

Owning the Steam version for a couple of days now and i don't want to miss out on your great creation ;)

ClearDark if you need any help with making a HawgTouch Steam compatible version just PM me.

Owning the Steam version for a couple of days now and i don't want to miss out on your great creation ;)

I would LOVE that. I got no word from any official regarding the Steam version!

PM will be sent shortly.

Thanks Druid_

The Vne data is not exported by DCS-A10C at all (or I was just unable to find it), hence why that particular needle stays static.

I could derive the value from altitude and current speed if I had the exact formula. I'll try to guesstimate it as best as I can for future releases (or just look harder for that little piece of info)

A rough calc :- TAS = altitude/200 + IAS

(e.g. IAS 240 kts at 20,000ft = 100+240 = 340 Kts TAS)

I'm assuming the Vne pointer is based solely on TAS.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Same here, ClearDark. Since I own the Steam version I'm willing to help with anything you need to make it compatible :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--------------------------------------------------

Joshua Stubbles, Environment Artist - i5-2400K @ 3.8ghz | Thermaltake Frio CPU cooling | ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev3.1 | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mhz | 2x GeForce GTS250 SLI AF2 | 2x WDHDD 500GB RAID 0 | Thermaltake Armor case | Thermaltake Tough Power 850w PSU | Samsung BX2440X | BenQ FP202W | Saitek X52 Pro | Thrustmaster Cougar MFD | TrackIR4 Pro

I have ordered a 7" touch-screen monitor. I did't get it for Hawgtouch but i was wondering if i will be able to set my touch-screen up as a CDU and have the CDU data show within the touch-screen to?

If that makes sense?

As far as I know the CDU wont work in a touch screen without Hawgtouch. With Hawgtouch the CDU works well apart from the OSB keys which dont interface with DCS. Its to do with the "Down" and "Press" keysends. My xml "ACC.xml", which CD re did for me in an earlier post, contains the code for the MFCD's, UFC and CDU.

CD is working on a "Genious keyboard thingy" method of sending key presses to sim without having to map them yourself! :smilewink:

Regards.

As far as I know the CDU wont work in a touch screen without Hawgtouch. With Hawgtouch the CDU works well apart from the OSB keys which dont interface with DCS. Its to do with the "Down" and "Press" keysends. My xml "ACC.xml", which CD re did for me in an earlier post, contains the code for the MFCD's, UFC and CDU.

CD is working on a "Genious keyboard thingy" method of sending key presses to sim without having to map them yourself! :smilewink:

Regards.

Not correct, my CDU works fine with helios (not trying to start another argument about which is better...I believe both have their purpose!)