HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

hi,

when i launch hawgtouch 1.5 (downloaded today w/ gaugepack1.3), it says "gauge pack: not loaded"

sure enough, any profiles loaded referencing the gauges come up blank in those areas.

HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll (342k) is in same directory as the hawgtouch.exe

what else must i do?

cheers

Right click the GaugePack DLL and click Properties -> Unlock

Restart HawgTouch and you should be good to go.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When The GaugePack initially appears on my main monitor, no matter what I do, I cannot move the gauges, etc over to my second monitor. I am running XP.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

ClearDark, first I'd like to thank you & any others that made hawgtouch possible. I'm using the last Acc.xml you posted. I can't get a display to show in CDU. Any help appreciated.

You have to export that in the game the same way as MFCD's. Here is the link on how to do it: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716.

Should you need any more help regrading this, feel free to PM me.

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

When The GaugePack initially appears on my main monitor, no matter what I do, I cannot move the gauges, etc over to my second monitor. I am running XP.

Do you have the icons in top right corner of the panel? the "^" icon is made for drag and drop. Remember that the panel will not remember it's position. It would be best if you manually edit the .xml profile.

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Thanks ClearDark for the help and Tmahring for the CDU, which works spot on with his key assignments. If any one wants to use them, they were in the file ClearDark attached to my post, a few posts back.

Here is my first attempt. Its a non touch screen so it was experimental. Now I should be able to build on that:thumbup:

007.jpg

Cheers. BTW This IS the ACC file ClearDark corrected for me! ( He renamed it ACC..Accipiter;) )

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Hey Cleardark, what's next for you now? an Oxygen gauge would be nice for my pit building aspirations, but have you got any big plans for future releases?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

"When The GaugePack initially appears on my main monitor, no matter what I do, I cannot move the gauges, etc over to my second monitor. I am running XP."

OK I made some progress. I can move over the UFC and the MFDs by clicking on the "^" icon for those items. However, when the gauges come up on the screen, there is no 4 little yellow boxes that contain the "^" icon so I cannot move it over to my second monitor. Any thoughts?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

"When The GaugePack initially appears on my main monitor, no matter what I do, I cannot move the gauges, etc over to my second monitor. I am running XP."

OK I made some progress. I can move over the UFC and the MFDs by clicking on the "^" icon for those items. However, when the gauges come up on the screen, there is no 4 little yellow boxes that contain the "^" icon so I cannot move it over to my second monitor. Any thoughts?

You need to modify the panel position at the start of the XML file to off set it to where the pixels on your second monitor start

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Hey Cleardark, what's next for you now? an Oxygen gauge would be nice for my pit building aspirations, but have you got any big plans for future releases?

The rest of the gauges are planned. More controls to work with (decoders). And switch updates from and to the game.

Might even include a feature to run a local profile in "server" mode aswell.

ClearDark a quick question. For some reason when I access the notepad/Diagrams on my second monitor, my game will drop to the task bar. Any ideas.

Hmm..Interesting!

What is your DCS system options? Full screen? I'll need to run your configuration to analyze that issue so please share as much info on your setup as possible!

first: superb job, a really sweet job there :thumbup:

My problem: im trying to get it to work on a 7" Android 2.1 Apad, is that possible?

if so, can i ask for a step-by-step tut/guide?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Hmm..Interesting!

What is your DCS system options? Full screen? I'll need to run your configuration to analyze that issue so please share as much info on your setup as possible!

ClearDark a quick question. For some reason when I access the notepad/Diagrams on my second monitor, my game will drop to the task bar. Any ideas.

Hi,

Maybe i'm missing something also. Not sure if its working as intended and cannot be changed or its my setup.

I run 2 monitors with only the mfcd's currently exported to the 2nd monitor.

When i click on the buttons on the mfcd's, which i have the key set up in game, it sends the sim to the background.

This causes the game to become unresponsive until i click somewhere on the sim. So it takes 2 mouse clicks to activate something in the sim after using HT.

Awsome work on this App BTW. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

Cj

Hi,

Maybe i'm missing something also. Not sure if its working as intended and cannot be changed or its my setup.

I run 2 monitors with only the mfcd's currently exported to the 2nd monitor.

When i click on the buttons on the mfcd's, which i have the key set up in game, it sends the sim to the background.

This causes the game to become unresponsive until i click somewhere on the sim. So it takes 2 mouse clicks to activate something in the sim after using HT.

Awsome work on this App BTW. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

Cj

Are you running the Steam version?

It seems like Steam users might be having difficulties. I'm trying to investigate the issue and find a fix for it.

Hmm..Interesting!

I'm guessing its running in Fullscreen :)

cw1.png

I am getting really frustrated coding my personal setup. Every time I try to copy/paste code from one file to the other, it doesn't work. It looks like everyone codes different. It is annoying :/

The main thing is making sure you dont grab half a tag.

for example dont grab multiple <gauges> or <buttons> tags, and always make sure you grab the <button> and </button> for each object you get. past that its really just a case of making sure you map out roughly the X & y of each item and don't move stuff off the background panel.

cw1.png

hgtest.png

BTW Current set up with working radios/ILS/TACAN :)

cw1.png

Are you running the Steam version?

It seems like Steam users might be having difficulties. I'm trying to investigate the issue and find a fix for it.

No i'v had it since beta release. Its running in window mode. It hasn't been able to run in fullscreen mode across 2 monitors since latest patch. 2 1920*1200 monitors. Setting of 3840*1200 aspect 16:10 in options.

Cheers,

Cj

CJ have a look at my profile in this post which has one

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1174799&postcount=157

Theres also another version a little later in the thread as well

cw1.png

CJ have a look at my profile in this post which has one

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1174799&postcount=157

Theres also another version a little later in the thread as well

Thank you Sir!

For some reason i was thinking it was exporting the graphical data like exporting the CDU data, re http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716

Hopefully a list of the different variables and functions will be available soon (And when to use them).

Nice A10 skin btw.

Cj

Edited by cjlive
  • Like 1

No Prob Warning panel is really cool, I found 3 things wrong with my start up checks from using it on HT. Its also nice to be able to figure out what is going when the Master Caution comes on if you are only running a 22" screen,.

cw1.png