HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

2isbntw.jpg

What is HawgTouch?

HawgTouch is a light-weight software which enables external panels/gauges for your A-10 simming experience.

Starting out as only plain MFCD frames, with the help of this community, HawgTouch grew more and more to support better features.

Version 1.5 is the latest update of HawgTouch to date. With features like data export and vector-drawn gauges, HawgTouch brings you closer to the real thing. Try it out and see for yourself.

Version 1.5

• Added server mode. You can now link multiple HawgTouch clients from remote machines
  • Added load profile in LOCAL or REMOTE modes
  • Enhanced NOTEPAD control. You can now add PDFs or any website you'd like as tabs to the NOTEPAD
  • NOTEPAD control size now definable in the profile XML
  • Added update-on-command feature to Export.lua. If HT finds an update to the Export script it will notice you with an OUTDATED label. You can either Update the file or continue with the old one. It is recommended to Update whenever one is due.
  • Added Reset function to all controls which can be reset (Rotary switches, Two state and three state switches)
  • Fixed 3 state switch bug which prevented sending the middle position keystroke
  • Added classic ADI (Black/White bg's) - Type - A10ADIClassicGauge
  • Added ILS repeater
  • Added TACAN repeater
  • Added VHF repeater (supports both AM and FM. See 1.5 Features profile)
  • Added UHF repeater
  • Code optimizations and reduced size

For HawgTouch to work in LOCAL MODE, the SIM must run in Windowed mode

BE SURE TO CHECK TMAHRING'S WONDERFUL PANELS!

Check out his post HERE. tmahring will continue updating the post when new panels are added!

Check'em out:

attachment.php?attachmentid=50519&stc=1&d=1303387510

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SERVER MODE:

How does server mode work

Server mode works by listening to the data received by the sim and distributing it across all specified HawgTouch clients. While in Server Mode, any client that is running HawgTouch in REMOTE mode (assuming configured correctly) will send its keystrokes to the HawgTouch server which will then be forwarded to the game.

To utilize server mode. You'll need to open the HawgTouch.exe.config file and take a look at the settings there. A more detailed guide on how to Set Up multiple computers with HawgTouch will be published shortly.

NOTE: You will need to change the Export.lua and set the IP of which to send the data to your LAN IP. Sending the data to 127.0.0.1 will not forward the traffic to other HawgTouch clients

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT PDFS:

YOU WILL NEED ADOBE READER 9+ INSTALLED WITH THE INTERNET EXPLORER ADDON ENABLED TO VIEW PDFS PROPERLY.

- To add PDF's to the NOTEPAD control. See the 1.5 Features.xml file. There will be a commented line (which the parser ignores) that looks like this:

<PDF [b]Name[/b]="shu77's Airfield Diagrams">[b]C:PDFsshu77.pdf[/b]</PDF>

Name - The name of the tab that will hold the loaded PDF

Path - Path to the PDF document. Can be local or online.

You can also open websites using this command. Just change the Path to the URL you want to open.

To set NOTEPAD control size. See the following line in 1.5 Features.xml

<NotepadSize Width="800" Height="600"/>

I probably don't need to go into details on that. Pretty simple!

Version 1.4

• A few optimizations and bugfixes
  • Added support for more gauges introduced in Gauge Pack 1.2!

Version 1.3 features

Here are some of the key features brought by HawgTouch 1.3:

• Rotary Switches with customizable positions & keystrokes
  • 2 & 3 State Switches now support default start position
  • Notepad tab for all your mission relevant data
  • Data import from DCS-A10.
  • ClickButton control expanded to support events from the simulator. Check the supplied NMSP control (thanks paulrkiii) by loading the 1.3 Features.xml profile
  • 10 unique gauges, including Fuel Gauge, Flaps Indicator, VVI (Variometer), Engine Temperature, Oil Pressure and more! Check out the 1.3 Features.xml profile to see them all!
  • Resize the gauges at your will. These vector-drawn gauges can be scaled to any size and retain full detail.
  • Brand spankin' new look!

There is plenty more in this version! Check it out for yourself!

Gauge Pack

All gauges in HawgTouch are provided in a separate module called HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll. The reason these modules are separated is to allow independent maintenance.

HawgTouch Gauge Pack contains 16 gauges

27ypb1e.png

op5mbs.png

Altimeter

HSI Gauge

ADI Gauge

AoA Gauge

IAS Gauge

Hydraulic Pressure Gauge

Flaps Indicator Gauge

Variometer (VVI)

Fuel Gauge

Engine Fan RPM

Engine Fuel Flow

Engine Temperature

Engine Oil Pressure

Engine RPM

APU RPM Gauge

APU Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge

Gauges Demonstration Video:

Gauge Pack 1.2

Gauge Pack 1.0 - 1.1

Adding gauges to current profiles is very easy.

Here is a simple gauge definition in the XML:

<Gauge>
           <Name>FUEL</Name>
           <Type>HawgTouch.GaugePack.Gauges.A10FuelGauge</Type>
           <DataImportID>GAUGE_FUEL</DataImportID>
           <SizePercent>50</SizePercent>
           <Y>0</Y>
           <X>420</X>
         </Gauge>

For available types of gauges, take a look inside the provided profile 1.3 Features.xml.

Notice here the SizePercent property is now independent to the gauge itself. The default gauges size is 400x400, this parameter is percentage. So 50 would cause the gauge to be drawn in the size of 200x200.

Data Export

HawgTouch now supports data import from the simulator straight into HawgTouch. This allows better interactivity between the simulator and the program.

The provided NMSP control (graphics by paulrkiii) demonstrates exactly how data export works.

FULL LIST OF SUPPORTED EVENTS

HawgTouch data export is enabled by a single click. Notice that it will back up your current Export.lua file.

You can disable data export at any time.

Running HawgTouch on a second PC

Many thanks to NU-NRG and yargon for their excellent writeups!

Quick Setup Guide:

MASTER SETUP (Where A-10C is running)

1. Open A10DirConfigExportExport.lua with a text editor
  2. Change the IP address 127.0.0.1 to the "slave" machine. ie 192.168.0.12 and save the file.

SLAVE SETUP (192.168.0.12)

1. Download and extract HawgTouch anywhere. Make sure Gauge Pack is present. Do not open HawgTouch yet.
  2. Open HawgTouch.exe.config with a text editor. You need to bind the local machine LAN IP here. So either type 0.0.0.0 to make the binding automatic type in 192.168.0.12. One of these should work.
  3. Launch HawgTouch and load the profile containing the gauges
  4. Launch A-10C on MASTER

Enjoy!

A more detailed writeup will be posted shortly! Thanks to NU-NRG

Important Stuff

SUPPORTED KEY SHORTCUTS LIST

OLD HAWGTOUCH THREAD WITH KEY INFORMATION

Troubleshooting

1. I have HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll in the root folder of HawgTouch, but it is not being loaded when I launch HawgTouch.

- Make sure you run HawgTouch as Administrator. Right Click the HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll and select Properties. Under the main tab click the "Unlock" button. This will allow the Gauge Pack to be loaded.

Download

HawgTouch 1.5 requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 to be installed!

Download .NET 4.0

2cgipa1.png

HawgTouch 1.6 "HALF BAKED" MadTommy's Build (latest stable, executable + new data files only, requires 1.5 with GP 1.3 as base) [296KB] [Download]

HawgTouch 1.5 with Gauge Pack 1.3 [1.5MB] [Download]

HawgTouch 1.5[1.2MB] [-]

Gauge Pack 1.3 [273KB] [-]

Extract anywhere and run! If you are adding the gauge pack later, check the instructions provided in the zip file!

I hope you enjoy HawgTouch as much as I had fun making it!

ClearDark

Edited by ClearDark
  • Like 8

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the comment asking "Do you accept paypal donations"?

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

Hey Does Hawgtouch work over the network? I like the idea of being able to get my engine instruments up on a second PC

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Can I have someone walk me through setting everything up? I really want the MFCDs and gauges for sure...

What are you having troubles with?

The gauges work out of the box. As long as you enable Data Export from HawgTouch.

There are some MFCD's profiles around. And one inside the ShowcaseProfile.

Hey Does Hawgtouch work over the network? I like the idea of being able to get my engine instruments up on a second PC

Yes. You'll have to tweak a little bit for that though.

In the Export.lua file, you have to change the line containing:

localAddress = "127.0.0.1"

to

localAddress = "enter the target ip here"

Launch HawgTouch on the target machine and load the gauges up. They will receive the data and come to life.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, much appreciated

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Is there a way to scale the entire panel and gauges at once or do I have to adjust the scale and position of them individually in the XML file?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Wow this looks like a great program when I get a new computer built I will have to try it!

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Is there a way to scale the entire panel and gauges at once or do I have to adjust the scale and position of them individually in the XML file?

All panels have a SizePercent property which sets its scale (in percentages) however, gauges have their independent SizePercent property so you can choose individual gauge size

I really appreciate this program... i am using it since the first builds.

With the newest build i have the problem that the UFC texts are not aligned correctly. But only in "MFCD+UFC" mode. it does not happen with the Scale test.

ufc.jpg.6996fb2148cf9b1a45cb9d3619301dd3.jpg

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

I really appreciate this program... i am using it since the first builds.

With the newest build i have the problem that the UFC texts are not aligned correctly. But only in "MFCD+UFC" mode. it does not happen with the Scale test.

The MFCD+UFC tab in the current build has an "OLD" UFC code. If you want a properly aligned UFC you will have to copy the UFC code from the Scale Test tab to the MFCD + UFC tab. This should correct it.

If you find that too much of a hassle let me know, Ill prep a good working file for you when I get back home from work :)