Slow loading, video stutter afte 1.1.0.7

shelt

First time I have had any complaint on the game as far as graphics.

After patch noticed lower fps and video will actually freeze at times (for 2-4 seconds)

Loading a mission went from 40 seconds from the time I hit the "fly" button to over 75 seconds. The last "please wait" message takes the longest.

I tried a fresh install then tested start times for the same mission with the fresh install, then each patch.

Load time was basically the same 40 seconds on fresh install and 1.1.0.6, but almost double on 1.1.0.7.

I made sure the video options were the same on each.

I have a friend who has almost the same components and he reported better performance since the patch. Not sure why this happened.

Official Nvidia Drivers 266.58

System specs in my signature

Edited by shelt

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

Perhaps this post could solve your problem. The symptoms seem to be similar enough to the ones discussed in this thread.

• Like 1
Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Yes, it does fix long load times and more

Perhaps this post could solve your problem. ....

Thanks Bonso. That did the trick for me. In fact, the load times are now faster than before--which is great.

I had some weird FPS drop outs and those are now gone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Nate,

If I do that, is it equivalent to uninstalling, reinstalling 1.1.0.6 then patching to 1.1.0.7? I'm just curious if the fix described is something ED missed for this update? I guess I would like to know more about the proposed fix and how it came about.

Thanks.

No Idea, sorry. IIRC this is setting the value back to the way it was in 1.1.0.6.

Nate

Perhaps this post could solve your problem. The symptoms seem to be similar enough to the ones discussed in this thread.

Yep, downloaded the exe with 1.1.0.6 integrated, after install tested start up from time from hitting fly to load was 48 seconds.

After installing the 1.1.0.7 patch and doing the same test, game now loads in 35 seconds after clicking the fly button so actually is faster on loading.

Stuttering no longer an issue either

Thanks for the help

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

Doing the same it fixes my long loading times, long delay when I was starting the game and bomb pauses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

If downloading the 1.1.0.7 installer, beware....

I think ftp3 site has corrupt files as it gave me wrong MD5 twice even when using registered copy of Getright. Use ftp1.

After a reinstall of .6 integrated and patching to .7 I'm seeing a significant improvement in smoothness overall. The weapons impact pause is gone. Still getting the occasional lengthy pause when switching on the TGP but I suppose that's to be expected. I'm blown away (no pun intended) by the latest patch.

Thanks for all the hard work, ED!