2 Days til the patch

Nightcargo

"It's done when it's done." ®

It's no secret that A-10 still needed a lot of work when it came out. Most people agreed (and probably still agree) that it wasn't quite ready for release yet. Maybe the fact that single player worked OK and that anyone who just bought the game then at release would have to spend a month or two in training (the vast majority of avionics worked great at release time), during which bug fixes of the more advanced features could be made, movtivated ED's decision to release it then. But in my mind, that release kinda invalidated the "It's done when it's done" saying... I'm pretty tired of hearing it. Maybe "It's done when it's good enough for single player" would be more appropriate. Don't get me wrong though, I still have faith that ED will fix the bugs, and if given the choice, I'd still buy A-10 again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Update:

Blocking bugs of crashes in some missions and MP timeouts with slow connections found. Must fix. Hope to release next week if tests go well.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

End of the Month and no Patch

Must have been some nasty boogers they were dealing with. Take your time ED and get it right like you always do.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Agreed, no point in releasing it if it is now done correctly.

I know that some tester stated in another thread that it may be out today, no promises.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Kindly search/peruse the Forum for like threads prior to posting.

Ta

/Threads Merged/

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I simply hope this patch will get others & me, who couldn't connect with servers without CTD, back into the multi-plyr air!

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

I haven't touched the sim since the last patch. It broke too much to make it playable. I'm just going to sit and be patient and wait for a release that is a legitimately done product. Patience is a virtue...

No multiplayer SPI pretty much killed it for me.

Are you serious? Try reporting that complaint to an A-10A pilot. Are you really that dependent on the convenience of newer avionics?

For online cooperation and tasking, absolutely.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

... But in my mind, that release kinda invalidated the "It's done when it's done" saying... I'm pretty tired of hearing it. Maybe "It's done when it's good enough for single player" would be more appropriate. Don't get me wrong though, I still have faith that ED will fix the bugs, and if given the choice, I'd still buy A-10 again in a heartbeat.

That's really well put. Rep to you.

edit: "You can't give reputation for this post" Long live communist Russia!

NSDQ