[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

In addition:

All the exports that are in the MonitorConfig.lua, I personally do want them to show up on my main monitor as well, how do I turn them on?

All the exports that are in the MonitorConfig.lua, show up fine in Helios, but none of my gauges are functioning in Helios, nor are the switch positions I change being reflected in the main screen cockpit. I feel as though I'm missing something simple here but cant put my finger on it?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

For your Helios gauges & switches, you need Capt. Zeens Export.Lua in your C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Thank you, I actually just found that I needed to put that file in per page 24 of the manual. I forgot about those things over the years because I'm used to just copying multiple files over. Now that I have to install all fresh,,, its brain racking! LOL,,, thanks

Now I just gotta figure out how to turn ON all the exports on the main monitor,,, no idea how to do that.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Turn on the exports in the Main Monitor? RightStuff? Can ya help me out,, I'm near the finish line LOL

Ok, that sounds easy, just be clear, all exports will still go to Helios as well if I remove this file right? I will give it a go today, many thanks

Excellent,, thanks,, havnt tried yet,, 2.0 install is a bit bugged today with module managers,,, will get to this soon again.

One thing I noticed in the last couple days with Helios, since I have 3 versions installed, when I change the target path from say the 1.2 version to the 1.5 version, even if I create a brand new profile, when I open up the other profiles in the profile manager, they are now targeting the same directory as the one I changed. What I was trying to do is create separate profiles for say the A-10 for each version of DCS,,,, not working?

If I understand you correctly, I have to change the path thru Profile Manager to use Helios when I want to switch from say 1.2 to 1.5? At least that's what I need to do currently,,,

Hi buddy... sure:

Just remove the file ViewportHandling.lua in Helios_Exports\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit from the mod-archive and reinstall the mod again.

RightStuff, I temporarily renamed the "ViewportHandling.lua" file in your JSGME file so it would not be used as suddested, but now the main screen has all the MFCD's etc that I wanted to stay, but they are now no longer exporting to Helios at the same time as I wanted. My intent again was to have them on both screens, any help would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, I am also using Capt Zeens profile for BS2, but nothing at all is exporting to Helios, but the A-10 is?

Edited by Fakum

Just downloaded Helios. Does Helios interface work with FC3? When using the profile editor it shows FC2 for an interface. vs FC3.

I downloaded Capt Zeen's profile for F15C. Put his export.lua in my C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Put his profile in user/my documents/helios/profiles and put the Capt_Zeen and Capt_Zeen_NIGHT pictures in user/my documents/helios/images.

I pointed the interface to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

Go the radar (VSD) to show up in the right spot. (2 monitors) but no data seems to be coming in. ADI, Alt, VSI, etc show no movement.

Also in the profile editor, when i click on the altimeter the bindings only show "Toggle Hidden" and "Set Hidden" that seems to indicate somethings wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by pwrmx24

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

Just downloaded Helios. Does Helios interface work with FC3? When using the profile editor it shows FC2 for an interface. vs FC3.

I downloaded Capt Zeen's profile for F15C. Put his export.lua in my C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Put his profile in user/my documents/helios/profiles and put the Capt_Zeen and Capt_Zeen_NIGHT pictures in user/my documents/helios/images.

I pointed the interface to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

Go the radar (VSD) to show up in the right spot. (2 monitors) but no data seems to be coming in. ADI, Alt, VSI, etc show no movement.

Also in the profile editor, when i click on the altimeter the bindings only show "Toggle Hidden" and "Set Hidden" that seems to indicate somethings wrong.

Any help appreciated.

OK. I just got several of the gauges to work. turns out i had put the export.lua in the wrong place actually.

But there the weapons display only shows empy. i.e. no a-120s etc. and pushing the chaff & flares it stays full. No RWR on the display either. what works is ADI, , VSI, eng temp, RPM, AOA, g-meter, airspeed, Altitude, HSI (i think) and some buttons.

Again. any help appreciated. if this doesn't work i guess i'll just use TrackIr to look down.

Thanks.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

The weapons display and RWR are their just for looks and do not work at this time. Cpt Z is working on an update that may solve this problem. Same for the RWR on the Su27 profile.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Bummer. Any idea if DCS 1.5 or 2.0 have better built in exports or allow multiple computers (cross IP) for multiple fixed view screens?

RightStuff, I temporarily renamed the "ViewportHandling.lua" file in your JSGME file so it would not be used as suddested, but now the main screen has all the MFCD's etc that I wanted to stay, but they are now no longer exporting to Helios at the same time as I wanted. My intent again was to have them on both screens, any help would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, I am also using Capt Zeens profile for BS2, but nothing at all is exporting to Helios, but the A-10 is?

RightStuff, can ya help me out with this? At least the A-10C question maybe? Thanks

[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

Hi buddy, just send you a PN with details. I'm sorry, but currently I'm not at my PC and though cannot look any deeper in this matter.

But as a quick shot: pls check the place of the export.lua. There's one in'Scripts' and maybe one in the user-directory. I don't know which has 'the lead', though some testing might be neccessary.

The export.lua in the users scripts folder(if it exists) is always used over the one in the game's install folder.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

ok,, thanks guys, In guessing a file needs to be edited to allow the exporting to the cockpit and to Helios, I just have no idea where to look and what to edit,,, I will try to figure it out, if not, i will deal with it after the holidays, thanks guys

If you only 'renamed' the ViewportHandling.lua file. Why don't you just remove it?

You could disable all of your jsgme mods, and do a DCS Repair to make sure the game is stock again. That would get the 'game folder' back to stock, but not the Users/xxx/Saved games\dcs...

Maybe that would be a good starting place?

I renamed it so I would not loose its place as intended, and at the same time, it would not be used.

I only have one mod in JSGME and I have removed it for now because I cant use it until I edit wherever I need to edit so I can have all MFCD's etc on both screens,, right now all works well without Helios. Basically, I just have to edit a file to make it work, just gotta figure out which one.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, here is the zip file with all my export and my batch files. If you want to see the exact file structure look at the batch files through the edit function of the drop down menu. I am including it here in the post. The export file is Capt Zeen's multi-use export. His web page was down earlier. :( It works for me though with no issues. I am also including my monitor config. Look at the file structure, I can't stress that enough. And in closing, backup first. This works in 1.2, 1.5, and 2.0. If you run into problems let me know. Happy flying!!!!!!

@echo off

rem copy c:\games\stuff.txt c:\"Program Files"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\ABRIS_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\ABRIS"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Ekran_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\EKRAN\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\PVI_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\PVI"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\SHKVAL_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\SHKVAL"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\UV_26_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\UV_26"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\AN_ALR69V_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALR69V\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CDU_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CDU\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CMSC_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CMSC\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\CMSP_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CMSP\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\DIGIT_CLK_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\DigitalClock\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\freq_status_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\preset_channel_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\repeater_init.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\UHF_Radio\Indicator"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\focus.png c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PostEffects"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Export Backups\Export.lua c:\"Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\Ka-50.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\helicopters"\ /Y

copy c:\Backups\DCS_BACKUPS\ViewportHandling.lua c:\"Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit"\ /Y

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('ScooternutzTest');

Description = 'ScooterHelios'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

aspect = 1.7;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3428;

y = 51;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =

{

x = 3336;

y = 451;

width = 40;

height = 40;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =

{

x = 5000;

y = 723;

width = 99;

height = 19;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 2604;

y = 722;

width = 85;

height = 23;

}

DIGIT_CLK =

{

x = 2445;

y = 835;

width = 101;

height = 104;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 2621;

y = 795;

width = 327;

height = 63;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 2767;

y = 149;

width = 238;

height = 53;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2439;

y = 118;

width = 257;

height = 251;

}

CDU =

{

x = 2724;

y = 289;

width = 326;

height = 224;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 3428;

y = 51;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

PVI_SCREEN =

{

x = 1930;

y = 672;

width = 239;

height = 119;

}

UV26 =

{

x = 3674;

y = 663;

width = 141;

height = 43;

}

Gui =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

KNEEBOARD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 46;

width = 423;

height = 414;

}

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 1928;

y = 42;

width = 411;

height = 411;

}

UIMainView = Gui

Has anyone opened this? I cant find the "SHKVAL_init.lua" in the zip file? does anyone have it so I can use it? Thanks

Scooternutz,,, I hope you get back here soon, because I'm confused about the files you have in your zip file,,, none of your batch files indicate where to put the file "view.lua" for example. I'm in the process of converting this all over for use with JSGME, but am running into some issues with a couple things not exporting, like the clock, CMSP,CMSC,,,, it also looks like you want to take the export.lua and plug it into 3 different places....

• 2 weeks later...
Yep...

Just add

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("[i]your_viewport_name[/i]")

at the end of the corresponding lua-file (i.e: AN_ALR69V_init.lua).

LSS: IMO nothing has changed.

Rightstuff, based on your info, where would I enter this in this UH-1H init.lu file for the kneeboard?

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

----------------------

local aircraft = get_aircraft_type() or ""

local HUD_only_on_start = true

if aircraft == 'A-10C' or aircraft == 'Ka-50' then

HUD_only_on_start = false

end

init_pageID = 1

if HUD_only_on_start then

purposes = {100,render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW} --100 as guard to switch off general in cockpit rendering , cause purposes cannot be empty

else

purposes = {100} --100 as guard to switch off general in cockpit rendering , cause purposes cannot be empty

end

--subset ids

BASE = 1

OVERLAY = 2

MAP = 3

OBJECTS = 4

OVERLAY2 = 5

page_subsets =

{

[bASE] = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/base_page.lua",

[OVERLAY] = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/overlay_page.lua",

[OBJECTS] = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/objects_page.lua",

[OVERLAY2] = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/overlay2_page.lua",

}

local map_set_file = get_terrain_related_data("TAD_chart_map_set_file") -- using a-10c charts by default

if map_set_file then pages = {{BASE,MAP,OVERLAY,OVERLAY2}}

else pages = {{ MAP,OVERLAY,OVERLAY2}} end

GetSelf():Add_Map_Page(MAP,LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/map_page.lua")

custom_images = {}

lfs = require("lfs")

number_of_additional_pages = 0

function scan_path(path)

if not path then

return

end

for file in lfs.dir(path) do

if file ~= "." and

file ~= ".." and

file ~= ".svn" and

file ~= "_svn" then

local fn = path.."/"..file

local attr = lfs.attributes (fn)

local ext = string.sub(file, -4)

if attr.mode ~= "directory" then

if '.lua' == ext then

page_subsets[#page_subsets + 1] = fn;

local idx = #pages + 1

pages[idx] = {BASE,#page_subsets,OVERLAY2}

number_of_additional_pages = number_of_additional_pages + 1

if string.sub(file,1,-5) == "1" then

default_page = idx

end

elseif '.dds' == ext or

'.bmp' == ext or

'.jpg' == ext or

'.png' == ext or

'.tga' == ext then

custom_images[#custom_images + 1] = fn --they will generates from C++

number_of_additional_pages = number_of_additional_pages + 1

end

end

end

end

end

--custom pages located in unit cockpit folder

scan_path(LockOn_Options.script_path.."KNEEBOARD/pages")

local terrain_path = get_terrain_related_data("KNEEBOARD")

local common_path = LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/indicator/CUSTOM"

local user_path = lfs.writedir().."KNEEBOARD"

local unit_name = get_aircraft_type()

if unit_name ~= nil then

if terrain_path then

scan_path(terrain_path..'/'..unit_name)

end

scan_path(common_path ..'/'..unit_name)

scan_path(user_path ..'/'..unit_name)

end

scan_path(terrain_path)

scan_path(common_path)

scan_path(user_path)

specific_element_id =

{

STEERPOINT = 0,

RED_ZONE = 1,

SELF_MARK = 2,

}

specific_element_names = {}

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.STEERPOINT] = "el_steerpoint"

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.RED_ZONE] = "el_red_zone"

specific_element_names[specific_element_id.SELF_MARK] = "el_self_mark_point"

function get_template(name)

return OBJECTS

end

function get_specific_element_name_by_id(id)

return specific_element_names[id] or "el_steerpoint"

end

if is_left == nil then

is_left = false

end

update_screenspace_diplacement(SelfWidth/SelfHeight,is_left)

dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport