wish more realistic

SARH missiles like AIM-7 and R-27 should launch one by one.If the 1st missile don't reach target,you may not fire the 2nd missile.

but AIM-120 or AIM-9 and R-73 can be launched many at same time.

The earth is a globe,so the land and sea surface is a globe-surface.when I fly above the sea 30 feet in game,I can receive the ship-radar that far from me 150km.

Suggest:Think for frame-rate in game,designers may build a pre-globe-surface by the altitudes and distance of radar/target.

To unlock the enemy aircraft's radar,I often use "beam radar".in game the angle is 90 degree,but in fact it is a area,for excample 80-100 degree.so the "beam radar" will more easy and clever.

sorry for my english.

== Welcome to 3GO Cyber Air Force ==

http://bbs.3gofly.com/en

Yeah, it's really unrealistic to have a EWR station with the a range of say 150km to still be able to feed you with the precise position of enemy aircrafts way outside the above mentioned range.

And as for the radar issues u mentioned in your posts..one of many bugs that should be fixed. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

SARH missiles like AIM-7 and R-27 should launch one by one.If the 1st missile don't reach target,you may not fire the 2nd missile.

Standard Soviet practice during the Cold War is to fire two missiles, preferably an SARH and an IR, at the target. So I don't get why the player 'may' not fire a 2nd missile.

Jets with active radar missiles don't engage multiple targets, instead using their weapons like SARH missiles. Doesn't look like this is gonna get fixed. Maybe they don't want a single F-15 or MiG-29 laying waste to 6 MiG-31s/Su-27s.

Radar issues are largely known. Currently, things like AWACs and GCI radars are all-seeing eyes. Doesn't look like it's gonna get fixed either.

sigzk5.jpg

Ripling missiles even of the same type is a real world tactic. It would be stupid to die because the attack computer refused to fire a second missile that could do the job if the first didnt, and let the enemy fire in the mean time.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

But it should be. In Janes F/A-18 you can launch as many AIM-7s as you want against the same target. All the radar does is act as a gaint torch. As long as the torch shines at the target the SARH can see where they are going.

The R-27 and AIM-7 don't recieve mid-course updates for the launch aircrafts radar like the AIM-120 does. It has nothing to do with the fire control computer, as all it has to do is keep the target locked until impact.

And it was a practice tought in the Russian airforce to fire off two missiles at a time. The MiG-25 for example would be armed with 4 R-40 missiles. This ment it could effectively deal with engaging two targets per mission. The IR R-40 would be fired first followed by the SARH R-40. They were fired in this order to reduce the chance of the IR R-40 locking on to the SARH R-40's exhaust.

But so all SARH missiles are like the FLOOD mode of AIM-7?

After the launched R-40T catch its target with IR seeker,you may fire R-40R.

Flood mode is a little different. In Flood mode there is no STT, all the launching aircraft's radar energy is simply directed straight forward, and whatever has the tastiest radar reflection within that forward field of view is what the missile will chase after.

All SARH missiles compute their own intercept--it would be a lot more difficult for the aircraft to do all the work as it would have to know precisely where the target and the missile is in relation to itself the whole time the missile is in the air. SARH missiles actually only rely on the aircraft's transmitting radar to light up the target and then use those reflections to compute their own intercept. The aircraft doesn't have to do anything other than keep the target illuminated for the missile to find. SARH = Semi-Active Radar Homing, meaning there is a radar dish in the missile seeker cone actively receiving radar reflections, it simply lacks its own radar transmitter.

Some modern SARH missiles apparently do use command guidance in the initial stage of a long flight, but they all do their own work for the intercept. Even in this case, I think it would be a simple matter to have more than one in flight at the same time.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

The difference here is that we have two SARH missiles being fired at the same target; there are still limitations insofar as firing channels are concerned - it may not be possible to realistically datalink too many missiles, and the old Su-27 radar suffered from a lack or processing power - but that more of a problem in SNP then datalinking a pair of missiles IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda