Any news on producing 1.2?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

I can't say much about it... but:

1) it's in development, and of course we are going to see _that_ day :)

2) it will be very realistic, even more hardcore then Su-25T. They contacted with Ka-50 pilots and you wouldn't believe how many technical details are discussed last month. I'm afraid that even most hardcore simmers will have to use some arcade options to skip away all that ramp-start mess.

3) all 6 axis of head movement in cockpit are already introduced

4) true collimation HUD are announced

5) _clickable_ cockpit mentioned, but not officially featured.

can't remember every new features mentioned, but those above are enought to threat new add-on as "kick-arse" product :)

I am absolutly thrilled with #2.

2) it will be very realistic, even more hardcore then Su-25T. They contacted with Ka-50 pilots and you wouldn't believe how many technical details are discussed last month. I'm afraid that even most hardcore simmers will have to use some arcade options to skip away all that ramp-start mess.

That is exactly what I am saying. ED, you are absolutely on the right track. Modelling something so realistic and yet having the options to use it as simply, or as hard as you want it. I was hesitant about the KA-50 being the last vehicle for this series, but I do miss playing Gunship. I feel the way you folks at ED have created LO/FC, I can say that I have no problem believing that you will make 1.2 a spectacular hit.

THIS MOTHER F'R IS OFF THE CHAIN!!!

Hey Dmut, tell us more, I like a good bedtime story...LOL

-KILSEK

how on earth did I miss this thread!?

WoW! My flight chair is almost done and now this!

I am so drooling at what 1.2 has to offer and I don't even have 1.1, yet! lol

JUST DON'T FORGET THE SUE! :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

hi all guys,

i have noticed that many peoples ask about new aircrafts or, in general, new implementations..well i think lomac is a great flight sim (i like a lot its flight models), but i also think that it has many bugs and some of them are very serious for a "flight sim" (we can't know our position in the airspace if we switch to aa mode because hsi in aa mode become crazy, for example). so i don't ask to ED same new aircrafts but i ask to fix all bugs (mentioned in this forum) so that we can fly e real sim a good quality sim. then (keeping the same quality) it would be wonderful if we could fly same others aircrafts.

I understand that this is NOT a commercial chiose (infact many peoples ask for new aircraft) BUT IT IS A QUALITY CHOISE

bye

There are new screenshots on the main page.

Check out this screenshot: http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/ed20237a2b8df4d9ad90b00e167fdccc.jpg

What is this place? I mean where was that screenshot taken? I don't remember palm trees anywhere?

Terrain is pretty flat, maybe Turkey :P ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
There are new screenshots on the main page.

Check out this screenshot: http://www.lockon.ru/img/products/large/ed20237a2b8df4d9ad90b00e167fdccc.jpg

What is this place? I mean where was that screenshot taken? I don't remember palm trees anywhere?

Terrain is pretty flat, maybe Turkey :P ?

It scenery has been made with standard buildings and vehicles of FC. The palm includes with Restorant 1 building. :)

About trees. We have a plans to take a new trees system completely. If all be good in 1.2 you can see new trees in details. It’ll be a more detailed and realistic.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

About trees. We have a plans to take a new trees system completely. If all be good in 1.2 you can see new trees in details. It’ll be a more detailed and realistic.

Phantasitic news. i was hoping for this in 1.2. Lock On has very good graphics for a jetsim, but for a chopper sim the landscape defenitly needs a upgrade.

It scenery has been made with standard buildings and vehicles of FC. The palm includes with Restorant 1 building. :)

Cool, but please make sure to avoid problems like the ones in F4AF where the DC generates 'TREECAP' and 'TREE STRIKE' missions ;)

(No seriously, the F4AF engine has managed to do that ... it assigns a bunh of trees as targets to a flight)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Will I be able to hit the trees with the plane? Now the plane just flies through trees.

I know that modelling collisions with the trees will be very bad for performance, but since you mentioned the trees, I'm just curious.

Cool, but please make sure to avoid problems like the ones in F4AF where the DC generates 'TREECAP' and 'TREE STRIKE' missions ;)

(No seriously, the F4AF engine has managed to do that ... it assigns a bunh of trees as targets to a flight)

Time to lock and load some pesticides and weed killers! ROFL!icon10.gif

Crop dusters on the next addon!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Agent Orange? I hope not! That said, I take it that this means 3D trees? Sounds great, if they're like the solitary trees in Il2 they will make a world of difference.

Great news about the clickable cockpit, it's not so much a gameplay/realism enhancement IMHO but it improves immersion and is just plain interesting - you get to see just what all those buttons do IRL.

Time to lock and load some pesticides and weed killers! ROFL!icon10.gif

Crop dusters on the next addon!

lmao!! LOCK ON : CROP DUSTERS. :p :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Crop dusters saved the world my friend!independence_day_11.jpg

independence_day_02.jpg

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Wow, just like the real military. lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

To what level will the KA50 be modeled? Will it be at the same level as the lockon successor or will it be halfway between FC and LO successor? The reason I'm asking is maybe it would be possible to port the KA50 into the successor soon after its created.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

To what level will the KA50 be modeled? Will it be at the same level as the lockon successor or will it be halfway between FC and LO successor? The reason I'm asking is maybe it would be possible to port the KA50 into the successor soon after its created.

because of modelling:

a) collimation HUD

b) 6DOF for pilot head movement

c) possibly clickable cockpit

d) possibly 3 axis rudders pedals support (two axis for separate brakes)

I would classify Ka-50 as halfway between FC and LO successor.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

because of modelling:

d) possibly 3 axis rudders pedals support (two axis for separate brakes)

I would classify Ka-50 as halfway between FC and LO successor.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Hmm this of course means that ALL the planes will get differential braking?

Lock on MUST have toe brake functionality with differential braking

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Hmm this of course means that ALL the planes will get differential braking?

Lock on MUST have toe brake functionality with differential braking

yes I hope so. can't say for sure until beta-testing is started.

Did ALL planes get AFM?

nope, only new planes will get AFM.

AFM is not just a checkmark near plane name. ED can not develop one AFM for all planes and make it differ by table numbers - this would be wrong way. IL-2 went this way and we all see what's they got.

ED have to spend much time on every single plane individually. And they can not release an add-on with F-15 AFM only, because of commercial reasons - most customers will never buy it, they'll say "no new planes here - it's a patch not add-on". we all saw this before.

But ED is going to make every new plane with AFM standards, simply because developing of new plane with CFM (common FM) is a stepback for ED.

May be later, in next projects ED will re-release old planes with new FM, I very hope so...

btw: GG, you read betas forum; AFAIK that question was explained before.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]