Hideout EN mission

robnpat

Well, I am trying my first mission since I've gone through all tutorials (some more than twice) and have played with Instant Action.

Anyway, I need someone to 'push' me in the right direction in this. I've tried to play 'Hideout EN' as my first non-instant action mission. When it starts, I'm in a bunker in a cold A-10. After I get the bird started and ready to taxi, I contact ATC for taxi instructions, but he comes back 'negative'. Even after several repeats, he still says 'negative'. I am using easy-radio. I taxi anyway and ATC says something like 'not cleared to taxi'. After I pass my wingman near the end of the runway, I ask ATC for takeoff clearance. He still says 'negative'. I did contact the correct Tower so what am I missing here?

Thanks,

Rob

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, G.Skill Ripjaws 32MB DDR4 3200, Samsung 970 M.2 SSD 250GB, Samsung 970 M.2 SSD 500GB, FireCuda 1TB SSHD, ASUS RTX 2060 Super OC'd, TrackIR, Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS & Pedals

ATC coms are bugged in that mission. Just ignore it.

The rest of the radio coms should work and will be required to call in the SEAD strike and choppers. Make sure you have read the intro and written down the frequencies.

-Switch to the AWACS frequency after take-off and report in when approaching the hold point. ************EDIT: UZI

-KEEP TALKING to the AWACS and they will eventually call in the SEAD strike. ************EDIT: UZI

-Wait for the strike to take out the SAM station (watch with your TGP pod).

-Stay high (20000 feet) and take out the targets. Your priority is the AAA. You will be perfectly safe at this altitude, but don't wander NW of the target (I think something shot at me once, but I'm not sure).

-Once stores are depleted, come in low to finish them off with guns. Don't get too close. pull away early and re-attack rather than fly straight down their barrel to get a kill.

-Call in the choppers once all enemy is killed and wait (labels are good here. It's a long wait).

-Tell the choppers to RTB when they are done then go home.

NB. You can also call your wingman to attack if you don't want to do it all yourself.

BiPod.

Edited by BiPod

I did that mission using the non-easy radio and everything went fine. Maybe you didn't contacted the correct tower (see what airport) or not followed the procedure:

1. Contact before engine start

2. Contact before taxi

3. Contact when in front of the runway, before take off (you have to be positioned right in front of the runway but still on the taxiway)

Then just use F-10 to talk to other flights, like BiPod said.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thanks for the help. I did choose the correct ATC facility: Vizanili (sp???) using EasyRadio. Funny thing was that since I couldn't get them to clear me to taxi or take-off, I took off anyway (he came back and said I wasn't cleared :music_whistling:), and I somehow damaged my landing gear and my left main wouldn't retract so I had to go back in. Contacted the same ATC facility, and he cleared me for landing...go figure.

I'm going to follow BiPod's spoiler so I can at least say I completed one mission from start to finish.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, G.Skill Ripjaws 32MB DDR4 3200, Samsung 970 M.2 SSD 250GB, Samsung 970 M.2 SSD 500GB, FireCuda 1TB SSHD, ASUS RTX 2060 Super OC'd, TrackIR, Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS & Pedals

• 4 weeks later...

The ATC for this mission is still giving me a negative for permission to taxi to runway. I'm running 1.1.0.7 (patched)

It looks to be mainly due to the predator across from me. It powers up, begins to move, and then stops at the taxiway junction where our 2 hangers meet.

The predator's spawn is delayed, but not long enough. Pre 1.1.0.7 i wasn't even able to contact ATC until Ramp start was complete. With 1.1.0.7 i am able to contact for permission to taxi earlier in the ramp start and sometimes get the ok. But its a race with the predator. The time spawn time seems a little on the random side.

I'm also getting the pre fight IFFCC test option displaying again halfway through the first IFFCC test, with the first test just stopping. I don't see it during any other mission. So i'm not sure if it has something to do with the mission or because i'm in a way rushing the ramp start.

Cheers,

Cj

• 3 weeks later...

You have to edit the mission and either remove the predator or change it's spawn point. The predator get's stuck for some reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

• 5 weeks later...

The problem is related to the stucked Predator as Ragtag already wrote. My Little workaround: Request taxi clearance direct after requesting engine start. If you were quick enough, this will prevent the Predator to start taxiing and you've got the clearance to taxi. After that you have all the time you need to set up the rest of the systems...

Corben