"hazy" cockpit when skies are overcast

zamboni

Not sure if this has cropped up. This only seems to have happened to me so far in the Devil's Cross campaign where there is heavy overcast weather. At the beginning of the mission everything is either hazy or foggy. Usually in climb-out after take off the haziness disappears and everything becomes sharp. Im not sure if this is a programming issue or something to do with video card settings. I'm attaching a couple of seconds video showing the transition from blurry to sharp.

It happens other times during a mission, I never really notice when it gets blurry again, only notice it when it goes from blurry to sharp because it is an abrupt transition.

I am not absolutely sure but sometimes I think this happens when looking at units in the same mission with the F7 key.

ATI HD 5770

Latest Cat drivers (11.2)

Disabled Catalyst AI

Everything that I can set in drivers is set to application controlled

Was noticing in a mission last night that it was happening right around 3000ft for the transition.

I don't quite understand why the haziness would occur inside of the cockpit (is this what really happens going into a cloud in an A-10?), or is this part of the bug also?

thx for the reply.

This is intended, but the switch between hazy and sharp should occur in the cloud, not just below as it does now. It's on the Buglist.

Nate

Ohhhh, I was wondering what was going on!! I was about to make my own post about this too, wondering what was the intended effect. Never mind. :)

--NoJoe