HawgTouch - Clickable MFCD frames for multi-monitor setup!

This is a great app thanks for all the work! But I need some help... Am I correct that inorder too use the ufc in game I need to edit the .xml file to the button press I want them to be then go to the ingame options and set up the buttons as well? After doing this all button presses still send a 1. What am I missing? Thanks again.

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great app thanks for all the work! But I need some help... Am I correct that inorder too use the ufc in game I need to edit the .xml file to the button press I want them to be then go to the ingame options and set up the buttons as well? After doing this all button presses still send a 1. What am I missing? Thanks again.

Make sure you save the XML file and re-load the profile.

Currently there is a bug with rocker switches, 2 state switches and 3 state switches. As stated earlier I will be releasing a new version very soon with these fixes and some more additions.

ClearDark, I was testing 1.25 x64 this morning and while I can get the UFC to work now, there is still a bug.

Before I forget, I really, really, like the way that the panels will stay put unless you click the "drag" button. I was accidentally moving them all the time. Thanks!

Now back to the issue; I can use any combination of the key shortcuts

{BACKSPACE}

{TAB}

{CLEAR}

{F12}

{NUMLOCK}

{SCROLLLOCK}

together with any number 0-9 (1-0 on keyboard top row); however, I cannot use any of the Alpha keys A-Z.

For instance, if I use:

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{LSHIFT}1</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}1</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>1</KeyCommand>

these combinations work just fine. In Notepad I can see a "1" every time I press the key.

However, if I use:

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{LSHIFT}A</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}A</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>A</KeyCommand>

these combinations will not work. In Notepad I see nothing.

I have tested the Alpha key combinations on the MFCD's and the UFC; It doesn't matter where I map the Alpha keys, they won't work. However if I use any of the 1-0 keys to the UFC it works great! :thumbup:

Thanks again! Just let me know if I am "bugging" you too much. :lol::lol:

P.S. If I knew a little more about programming, I would offer to help. I only have used VB.NET for making business applications, but never anything like what you have created. I would love to learn more about your project and C#. Thanks MUCH for putting this together.

ASUS P7P55D-E DELUXE 1504 BIOS / i7 875K / CORSAIR 2x 4GB VENGEANCE

CORSAIR AX850 / 160GB INTEL X25-M G2 / 150GB VELOCIRAPTOR / 750GB WD BLACK

7 PRO X64 SP1 / CATALYST 11.5 / AFTERBURNER 2.2 BETA 3 / MSI R6970 TWIN FROZR III LIGHTNING

ClearDark, I was testing 1.25 x64 this morning and while I can get the UFC to work now, there is still a bug.

Before I forget, I really, really, like the way that the panels will stay put unless you click the "drag" button. I was accidentally moving them all the time. Thanks!

Now back to the issue; I can use any combination of the key shortcuts

{BACKSPACE}

{TAB}

{CLEAR}

{F12}

{NUMLOCK}

{SCROLLLOCK}

together with any number 0-9 (1-0 on keyboard top row); however, I cannot use any of the Alpha keys A-Z.

For instance, if I use:

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{LSHIFT}1</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}1</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>1</KeyCommand>

these combinations work just fine. In Notepad I can see a "1" every time I press the key.

However, if I use:

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}{LSHIFT}A</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>{LCONTROL}A</KeyCommand>

or

<KeyCommand>A</KeyCommand>

these combinations will not work. In Notepad I see nothing.

I have tested the Alpha key combinations on the MFCD's and the UFC; It doesn't matter where I map the Alpha keys, they won't work. However if I use any of the 1-0 keys to the UFC it works great! :thumbup:

Thanks again! Just let me know if I am "bugging" you too much. :lol::lol:

P.S. If I knew a little more about programming, I would offer to help. I only have used VB.NET for making business applications, but never anything like what you have created. I would love to learn more about your project and C#. Thanks MUCH for putting this together.

For letter keys, use lower-case. That works for me :) Don't use capital A's or Z's..just the regular lowercase letter. Let me know how it worked out!

PERFECT! Thanks so much! I will let you know if I find any other problems.

Rep+ INBOUND!

ASUS P7P55D-E DELUXE 1504 BIOS / i7 875K / CORSAIR 2x 4GB VENGEANCE

CORSAIR AX850 / 160GB INTEL X25-M G2 / 150GB VELOCIRAPTOR / 750GB WD BLACK

7 PRO X64 SP1 / CATALYST 11.5 / AFTERBURNER 2.2 BETA 3 / MSI R6970 TWIN FROZR III LIGHTNING

Could you make it for iphone resoulution?

I would like to use iphone as second monitor...Can you direct me what would be a configuration, to have one mfd exported to iphone (i would like to use TGP on iphone).

Output

1x 22" @ 1920x1080 and 1 x iphone @ 480x320?

Is it possible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Another Question about HAWGTouch...

I am glad to see it has multi tab functionality - great, one of the nice features of Touchbuddy that I utilized quite a bit was the PDF plug in - does HawgTouch have this capability? It would certianly be great to be able to have my checklists/manual etc accessible still

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Another Question about HAWGTouch...

I am glad to see it has multi tab functionality - great, one of the nice features of Touchbuddy that I utilized quite a bit was the PDF plug in - does HawgTouch have this capability? It would certianly be great to be able to have my checklists/manual etc accessible still

HawgTouch doesn't support PDF's. HT main goal is to consume the least amount of memory from your system so you won't feel it running and it will not have any performance hit on your game.

TouchBuddy supports PDF's, Movies and ActiveX controls, all which "clutter" up my system during actually playing the game.

If you want checklists in HawgTouch, its relatively simple.

Make a screenshot of the procedures you want to make, or make a nice large image with all the checklists you find necessary and just create a tab in HawgTouch with panel image as the one you just created. Name it accordingly and once you load the profile you can easily access the checklists. You can add as many as you want in any size you'd like. HawgTouch can scale your controls up or down so you can fit them all in one tab.

I will take a look into PDF support and see the performance impact. If its not that large I will include a PDF support in the next version.

• Like 1

Thanks CD. I currently use TB for approach plates etc... HT would be great to port to for MFD support

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks CD. I currently use TB for approach plates etc... HT would be great to port to for MFD support

I suggest you use MadTommy's excellent profiles for both MFCD's and his marvelous UFC module. Both can be found here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70364

If you want help converting plates to HawgTouch tabs just shoot me a PM and I'll help you sort it out.

I'm aware that HawgTouch profile making is very little documented and I intend to write a quick getting started manual prior to starting on the actual profile editor software. So I'm offering any help to anyone who wants to create something but lack the knowledge of howto :)

hi,

just downloaded 1.25, extracted it, run the exe and clicked on load profile (showcaseprofile.xml) is selected, and get:

"error parsing profile! check the profile XML for proper formatting

index was outside the bounds of the array"

do i need to do something else first before starting to use HT ?

cheers

win7x64, .net fwk 4.0 installed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You didn't edit the xml at all?

I just redownloaded it and it works for me... i suggest you download it again.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

didnt even open the showcase xml in an editor, let alone edit it.

downloaded your ufc etc profile and that works...so will play with that instead

usb monitor (MIMO 740) seems to be working fine off to the side doing hawgtouch, whilst monitors 1+2 (driven from vid card) do the cockpit and mfds...no performance hit...nice!

Edited by chokko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

didnt even open the showcase xml in an editor, let alone edit it.

downloaded your ufc etc profile and that works...so will play with that instead

usb monitor (MIMO 740) seems to be working fine off to the side doing hawgtouch, whilst monitors 1+2 (driven from vid card) do the cockpit and mfds...no performance hit...nice!

Be sure to extract all the content. Including images. If HawgTouch can't find or can't access the images in the profile it will throw the error you received.

If you extracted all the contents and still get the message it has to be file permission problems.

If all the fails let me know and we'll help ya figure it out!

On a side note, some of the new features that will be included in 1.3:

- NEW! Rotary knobs with programmable positions

- Switches now support a default starting position

- Data export from A-10C! New "Network" controls that can parse information from the simulator. The A-10C warning lights panel will be the module which will be released for the next version demonstrating the new feature

I have been digging alot into DCS lua the past few days. I've also found an alternative method to send keystrokes to the simulator. A method which doesn't require any keybindings. Its based creating a listener in DCS export file and sending commands to specific "devices".

I will most likely incorporate this ability at a later stage.

On a side note, some of the new features that will be included in 1.3:

- NEW! Rotary knobs with programmable positions

- Switches now support a default starting position

- Data export from A-10C! New "Network" controls that can parse information from the simulator. The A-10C warning lights panel will be the module which will be released for the next version demonstrating the new feature

I have been digging alot into DCS lua the past few days. I've also found an alternative method to send keystrokes to the simulator. A method which doesn't require any keybindings. Its based creating a listener in DCS export file and sending commands to specific "devices".

I will most likely incorporate this ability at a later stage.

Thats really awesome!

The default starting position is great. Could there be a toggle for either a ramp start/runway start/instant action scenarios?

Thats really awesome!

The default starting position is great. Could there be a toggle for either a ramp start/runway start/instant action scenarios?

I will include a "reset" function in 1.3.

With this you can define every control "default" position and hitting the "RESET" button that will be added to the Tabs box will flip all switches to their original start-up positions.

Synchronizing switches by using exported data is possible but limited. I will explore these features and see regarding future implementation in HT!

• Like 1

Hey guys, here is a quick update on upcoming release of HawgTouch (1.3) and some updates regarding future additions.

As stated earlier, HT 1.3 main feature will be data export from the sim. Tommy has provided a great custom made Caution Panel and paulkriii has given me the liberty to use his graphics for the NMSP. Both will be released in HT1.3

Here's the NMSP control by paulkriii:

aouxza.png

In addition, the ClickButton control has been expanded to include support for 4 state images/2 state images. An ability to specify whether toggle or not and further more.

I've also added a "NOTEPAD" control to the Tab's panel. You can copy/paste mission briefing into it. Put in important notes and frequencies or other mission relative data.

Further more, I will compile a quick guide on how to create HT profiles. It has been brought to my attention that the lack of documentation is holding folks back on creating profiles so I will put a guide detailing the different controls and how to use them.

Recently I've been digging around gauges functionality for HawgTouch.

I'm glad to announce that in the near future, HawgTouch will support all of the A-10C gauges. The first gauge I have completed is the engine fan speed. Using Microsoft Designer/Blend these gauges will be vector drawn and be fully scalable.

Here's a screenshot of the gauge in Designer:

a3h0jq.png

1.3 will be released by the end of the weekend hopefully! Stay tuned :D

While i understand you fps issues are annoying it has nothing to do with "Hawg Touch". Its the cost of displaying two sets of MFCDs and increased resolution.

Actually, that's not necessarily the case. I get 65 fps when displaying MFDs on a second screen, but that plummets to 25 fps when I run Hawg touch or Helios. It's quite weird and I'm really interested in sorting it out as Hawg touch is such a great idea.

I'm running a gtx560 and an e8500 dual core system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

Actually, that's not necessarily the case. I get 65 fps when displaying MFDs on a second screen, but that plummets to 25 fps when I run Hawg touch or Helios. It's quite weird and I'm really interested in sorting it out as Hawg touch is such a great idea.

I'm running a gtx560 and an e8500 dual core system.

Have you seen this thread yet?? http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/showthread.php?1139-Aero-desktop-themes-improve-performance.

• Like 1

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

scatter - what resolutions are you running? We have pretty similar system specs.

I'm doing 60-ish fps (high settings generally) 1920x1200 - using a second monitor drops that to 30fps (irrespective of HawgTouch running or not).

scatter - what resolutions are you running? We have pretty similar system specs.

I'm currently running 2x 1920x1080 monitors. On the first easy instant mission I get around 65fps while exporting MFDs (res 512) and designating a target with the TGP (it's a pretty quiet mission). I had been using the cougar MFD's with the second monitor and was perfectly happy with my FPS. I'm going to hawg touch in order to get a UFC.

The moment I run hawg touch (or helios) my fps plummets to around 25fps. It affects both, so I'm going to try changing drivers etc. I've already tried running the 32 bit A-10c exe instead of the 64 bit version but that had no effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force