Future Maps

SFJackBauer

I see that ED is putting a tremendous effort on bringing new planes, with the announcement of a "popular american fixed-wing aircraft" down the road. But what about new theaters? Are there any plans on it? We are stuck in Black Sea for what, 16 years (since Flanker 1.0), and I would even be ready to shell out some bucks to get a new one.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an official product, Nevada.

There is also modders working on areas like Afghanistan and Manchuria.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes EtherealN I know about Nevada. We had a taste of it during the beta and even though its nice, its also a training site with a limited size. I'm referring to large, full-scale theaters.

Didn't knew about the 'Stan and Manchuria. Where can we get more info about the state of those?

do we have to pay for this map or it will be something like patch or something....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

do we have to pay for this map or it will be something like patch or something....

^^If you made a pre-purchase while DCS: A10C was still in beta, then you'll get it for free. If not then

LOL! LOL! LOL!

You'll have to buy it.

:D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

thanks guys

i have pre-purchase since Beta1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Since DCS is partnered with ED it makes sense the theaters revolve around the Black Sea region. However, Afghanistan would be mighty nice. I would say Iraq but Nevada will be released soon and it's not that far of a stretch to make a mission or a campaign with the illusion if it existing in Iraq.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Since DCS is partnered with ED

"DCS" isn't partnered with ED. DCS is a series of products developed by ED.

ED = Eagle Dynamics = A company

DCS = Digital Combat Simulator = A product by Eagle Dynamics

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 weeks later...

As buggy as this software initial release has been ... We are all Beta Testers! Nevada should be our collective reward for suffering through the DCS A-10C growing pains!

• Like 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As buggy as this software initial release has been ... We are all Beta Testers! Nevada should be our collective reward for suffering through the DCS A-10C growing pains!

I've had my fair share of "growing pains" but feel amply compensated by being included in the public Beta. I don't feel entitled to anything more than the sim itself, which is reward enough.

Am I the only one who'd like to see more 'fantastic' locales? Something along the lines of the ArmA 1 theater, where you have a varied mix of things.

Also I wish buildings didn't totally butcher my FPS like it does :/ Taking off from that eastern airbase (one of the three) crashes my framerate down to single digits.

Edited by Temphage

Please!!...I guess you never played Falcon 4, or Arma, now that was buggy! You haven't suffered until you went through the Falcon 4 release.

In all my years Simming, I have never seen a complex Study Sim release without bugs. I believe this is the most complex and detailed Sim yet to date, and logically the bug's scale with complexity.

Yes, Falcon 4 was a bugfest ... but I now live in 2011.

I expect things to be faster, better and cheaper!

DCS A-10C has tremendous upside potential ... if properly patched.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks guys

i have pre-purchase since Beta1

same here, but i don't see that in my account, Maybe ED has a list of buyers of the beta version:music_whistling:

You can only see it at your order date

Edited by Rat.NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really dont see the point to Nevada, its only going to be used as a training base isnt it?!

Nevada will rock for the online squads as a training base.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Good luck to you: that attitude is a major societal problem IMHO.

^^^+1!!:thumbup:

Yeah! Nevada will be great! ROE, procedures, form work, weapon training! Red flag maybe :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.0 GHz|EVGA nForce 750i SLI|6 GB Kingston DDR2 1066 MHz|ASUS HD6970 2048x1152 23"|Saitek X52|TrackIR 5|...Doesn't matter... let's drink!