Snap Views editing made easy

mooshim

I spent some hours trying to get the hang of the .lua files in the view folder with the helpful guidance of BoredTechie & BiPod

I thought I'd post some pics and references so that others might not have to reinvent the wheel.

...Hope they're helpful to somebody.

Cheers,

Moosh

P.S.

Still a WIP...will update after I get some sleep.

:sleep:

Slide1.JPG.aaed84c117eb4de3f62ac8f67f4790cf.JPG

Slide2.JPG.b9238ecf78aca7d1d13b20afc2815c4c.JPG

Slide3.JPG.818908192646ee97657f425cd67b2e0d.JPG

Slide4.JPG.dbbc4e0379f7d7dacd9fb500333bece8.JPG

Slide5.JPG.18f6fca6a3fafb9e5bd9954ff27c755b.JPG

Slide6.JPG.e6fd41cca0b6f04a11d69d633b734c23.JPG

Slide7.JPG.12d3ce9e12902cf6bd077e7581ffafff.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

"Operation: Bull by the Horns" "Bull Run 2.0"

Thanks for the kind words.

I think I might give your 7 and 9 a test drive:)

You might want to zoom out a bit on the MFCDs, but as long as you can easily click the OSBs then it's OK.

As you don't seem to be able to save in game, it looks like lua editing is the only way to go.

Cheers,

BiPod.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think I might give your 7 and 9 a test drive:)

As you don't seem to be able to save in game, it looks like lua editing is the only way to go.

Cheers,

BiPod.

wow... JUST the man I wanted to speak to.

Is there a way to shift the view any further from center to fill the view with instruments alone--rather than with the edge of the seat?

:wallbash:

z trans line seems to be limited. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 | Intel Core 2 Quad | Q8400 @ 2.66GHz | 2.67 GHz 3.37GB of RAM 60gig Samsung SSD| GTX 570

Is there a way to shift the view any further from center to fill the view with instruments alone--rather than with the edge of the seat?

:wallbash:

z trans line seems to be limited. :(

I'm afraid I couldn't figure out a way either. It would be much better to be able to see the warning panel and electrical panel in the same view, and tacan and lights panel together, but as you pointed out, it seems to be limited.

I'll have another look at tilting the head tonight, but I am pretty sure it can't be done, otherwise I would have done it before.:(

Please somebody prove me wrong!

BiPod.

EDIT:

P.S. I have edited my post that you linked to in your OP to make my lua edits clearer and easier to use.

Thanks again to BoredTechie for some of those angles.

Edited by BiPod

I lack the grey cells to be succinct, but I can imagine there must be an alternative to going either extreme (to left or right) which seems to be limited.

That is, to simulate the pilot leaning over the panel and then looking straight down...seems not to work.

Perhaps the "pilot" would get a better vantage point by leaning just slightly in the direction or even in the opposite direction(!) and then zooming into the panel to fill the whole view with just instruments-rather than the seat.

Pilot prepares for ILS approach. Leans left, as if to fart, and glances right at an angle and zooms his eyeballs filling the screen with light switches to hit as well as ILS freq adjustments to make.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it currently possible to toggle snapviews easily? So that the view toggles on with a press of the corresponding key and you get back to the normal view with a second press.

Yes....and a very popular question it seems to be.

RCtrl-NumPad0 will latch the snapviews so you can press any numpad key once and the view will hold, then press another numpad key to go that view.

To unlatch press RCtrl-NumPad0 (or just NumPad0) again.

OR

You can program your HOTAS to do it just as you said. Press a hat key once to go to that view, press once more to return to normal view.

I have done this with SST programming of my x52. If you have that stick I can show you how.

BiPod.

Perhaps the "pilot" would get a better vantage point by leaning just slightly in the direction or even in the opposite direction(!) and then zooming into the panel to fill the whole view with just instruments-rather than the seat

OK. I've given this a try a couldn't improve much over what we have already got. I can't tilt the head the way I want. Maybe someone else can come up with something, but I am going to let the matter rest for now.

Mildly improved explanation of parameters: (originally from BoredTechie)

Snap[L][M]["N"]=O

L is the plane and 11 is the id for the A10

M is the KEYPAD value + 1, so for example KEYPAD1 would be Snap[11][2], KEYPAD2 Snap[11][3] etc.

N is the value you're changing where:-

y_trans up(+) and down (-)

z_trans right(+) and left (-)

x_trans back(+) and forward(-)

vAngle pan view ---------------------------------> like a head nod

rollAngle look left (-) and look right (+) ---------> Head Roll/tilt

viewAngle = field of view / zoom -------------------> Zoom

hAngle pan view------------------------------------->like a head shake

BiPod.

I've been searching view to radio 1, on which I have problem to view when throttle is full back (at startup). I believe nr.1 is just SnapView I need.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Yes....and a very popular question it seems to be.

RCtrl-NumPad0 will latch the snapviews so you can press any numpad key once and the view will hold, then press another numpad key to go that view.

To unlatch press RCtrl-NumPad0 (or just NumPad0) again.

OR

You can program your HOTAS to do it just as you said. Press a hat key once to go to that view, press once more to return to normal view.

I have done this with SST programming of my x52. If you have that stick I can show you how.

BiPod.

Thanks.

With TM Cougar/Foxy it was really easy to program such toggles, but with Warthog/T.A.R.G.E.T it is a bit trickier, but looks like it is the way I must go.

• 4 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents... I remapped RCtl+NUM0 to just NUM0 to activate and deactivate snap views.

It works really well and there is no conflict with other keys. trying to hit 2 keys to start and stop snap views is no good when your in a battle.

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Just my 2 cents... I remapped RCtl+NUM0 to just NUM0 to activate and deactivate snap views.

It works really well and there is no conflict with other keys. trying to hit 2 keys to start and stop snap views is no good when your in a battle.

Good tip. Several people have mentioned that RCtrl+Num0 was awkward. If you have space on your joystick though, I strongly recommend mapping it to your HOTAS.

@cjlive

Pretty sure the answer is no:(. You have to open the lua files for the data.

BiPod.

I got a UK keyboard and I've edited my key settings so that R CTRL + NUM 0 sets up snap views, but the \ key does this too (a one-key press instead of two). Then I set the Z key to whatever view I use the most. In other words, I "added" the \ key to the snap view command and I "added" the Z key to whatever numpad number I want.

In my case, I wanted a quick way to zoom in, say for a guns run. I just press \ and Z in quick succession and I'm zoomed in. Zooming back to normal view is just another \ press. I find it easier to do this since it's easier to take the hand off the throttle than it is to take it off the stick when flying :D

Hope that helps!

- Ice