Fix: AWACS stutter

HUQ

On FC1.1, when friendly AWACS begin to speek information, the drawings of frame stops while a few hundred milli-sec - 1 sec.

(I know this occurs on multiplay. I don't know this occurs on on single play.)

I found the way to solve this problem.

1. Get ogg vorbis package version 0.9.9.5 from here

http://tobias.everwicked.com/oggds.htm

2. Execute OggDS0995.exe and install ogg package

3. Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\ using explorer and find these files

ogg.dll

OggDS.dll

vorbis.dll

vorbisenc.dll

4. Copy these files to LockOn installed folder (overwrite)

This kind of stutter will be solved by this way.

Try it!, if you are in trouble.

• Like 1

Hey HUQ,

Did what you said, but I cant find the files? need help.

To see the files under system folders (ex. C:\WINDOWS\, C:\WINDOWS\system32, etc...), check off the follows:

explorer -> Tools -> Option -> Display

-> check off "Don't display registerd extension

-> chekc off "Don't display protected operation system files"

(* I don't have Windows XP English version. My Windows XP is Japanese version. So I don't know correct words or sentences in english. Tell me what the correct word is)

HUQ,

I tried to look up the files and still no luck. I installed the zip into the win32 folder, but still cant find the files, can someone that has done this correctly with XP english version help me out. I would really like to fix this, It's a big problem with me and I'm hoping this will correct the text freez I have when I'm on any server in HL. When someone types a message and then hit's enter, my game will freez each time this is done.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://44thvfw.org

HUQ,

I tried to look up the files and still no luck. I installed the zip into the win32 folder, but still cant find the files, can someone that has done this correctly with XP english version help me out. I would really like to fix this, It's a big problem with me and I'm hoping this will correct the text freez I have when I'm on any server in HL. When someone types a message and then hit's enter, my game will freez each time this is done.

Willy p.

If you have some zip-extract tool (like "WinZip"), extract the downloaded file "OggDS0995.exe" in temporary folder, and pick the above files and copy them into LockOn folder.

HUQ, thanks for finding this one and posting it. A squadmate of mine pointed me to this post and it helped big time with the major pausing I was experiencing. Thanks again!

S!

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case

Thanks, HQI ! :)

I translated your post in russian and cross-posted it here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=84936#post84936

Great thanks from russian-speaking part of forum ;)

p.s. sorry for my English.

Core i7 920/DFI LP DK X58-T3eH6/6Gb Corsair XMS3/74Gb Raptor + 750Gb Seagate/Zotac GeForce GTX 295/Logitech G15, MX518/Thrustmaster Cougar

I've got the snowboard under my feet

I can fly so high, I can fall so deep

Thank you for your translation to russian, Kaifolom.

Please tell the way to be visible the extract files in russian if it is good,

because the system files (under C:\WINDOWS\) are normally invisible, and the extension of files are normally invisible, too.

I think, some Windows-beginner people don't know the way to visible them.

By the way, I think this "AWACS stutter fix" method is effective for "the frame rate decreases because of the processing of the sound effects" in LOMAC version 1.02 or lower.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using K-Lite codecs that include

- Ogg DirectShow splitter (made by Tobias) [version 0.9.9.5] and Vorbis DLLs [version 1.1.1]

However I haven't found these files you've mentioned in my Windows\System32 directory.

Could someone zip/rar these files and send them to me? shamandgg[AT]gmail.com

I'd be very grateful, Thank You :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer