Well Done E.D. ! It's getting better & better, nicer and nicer ;)

HungaroJET

Thank You for your kind offers Folks, but im unsure, so i ask moderators: is it permitted to post a PayPal Donation link here or write it to my signature place ?

You are our Russian hero! (well,... Hungarian that is)

I like to donate too!

btw any chance to make the panel lines more subtile?

Would be nice to have it for Christmas:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The panel lines being dark is because of the skin. That layer needs to be tweaked. We have gotten spoilt by the specular mapping in newer models. Hungarojet, I can help edit some skins if u need an extra hand. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The panel lines being dark is because of the skin. That layer needs to be tweaked. We have gotten spoilt by the specular mapping in newer models. Hungarojet, I can help edit some skins if u need an extra hand. :)

Can you explain the difference of the older mapping and specular mapping?

I am a noob on this.

Thanks

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

In the older method...well even the current method...lines and rivets are painted on the skin. When this is done with a second line/rivet displaced/offset by a pixel or so, it gives the illusion of a 3d rivet/line. Now in DCS world with A-10C/A and F-15, ED introduced specular mapping which allows you you give a better depth to the line by defining it in an alpha channel or something. Even now you would still paint it on the skin, but a bit lighter shade and the 3d effect would be obtained by the specular map. Bottom line, you can make new skins with lighter lines/rivets and that should address the issue.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

...for relaxation i did some WIP correction on the new Hornet model:

lowered arrester hook angle, catapult launch bar, MIL/AB & idle-nozzle animations, formation lights day/night, anti-collision beacon lights, full span leading edge flaps, aileron/trailing edge flaps, rudder-brakes/flaps...

FOCO3.jpg

UNQLc.jpg

fUJed.jpg

1WNYa.jpg

sQP77.jpg

z6eVv.jpg

yGGHY.jpg

gEFRp.jpg

AB5Nq.jpg

sw769.jpg

MjBGw.jpg

c7x6T.jpg

bcvOl.jpg

azpQN.jpg

xeUAr.jpg

Spar3.jpg

RwBJK.jpg

3K4N1.jpg

vrlZ6.jpg

rNnwp.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

RnZq7.jpg

c7x6T.jpg

PteEO.jpg

cl195.jpg

brnRR.jpg

oZPNx.jpg

OISI9.jpg

UCYbm.jpg

fijiF.jpg

SG1dv.jpg

tG1z8.jpg

JNgMO.jpg

wbQpd.jpg

SlwiQ.jpg

Bh0l1.jpg

G64AV.jpg

EXryy.jpg

mOLTD.jpg

RtouZ.jpg

AIJvO.jpg

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

HungaroJet you are great!!

We will never fly too on your F18?

Really compliments for your work.

I am sure Timur will update soon his F-18C model. (LOD models missing too) Hopefully it will come up with FC3 final version or with DCS:Hornet.

Thomas and Mario, Thank You for the donations ! I wont forget the Tornado also

BTW, i just discovered: i screwed up the LEX lights on the Hornet...corrected

(some images of the F-18C more)

...but now i am back to the Flanker

QzOKU.jpg

GlKUm.jpg

WSqk3.jpg

tXWxA.jpg

DeSY8.jpg

Dh9fo.jpg

Q6hNj.jpg

jVoBJ.jpg

QjIXm.jpg

iyw6r.jpg

SSDMQ.jpg

CJOIz.jpg

xhba6.jpg

rzDTn.jpg

Gtysv.jpg

DoGoU.jpg

G4Dzb.jpg

CkOZv.jpg

PsEky.jpg

2R6rg.jpg

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I remember correctly the Hornet's engine nozzles aren't open when at idle. Nice shots though! :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

If I remember correctly the Hornet's engine nozzles aren't open when at idle. Nice shots though! :)

Blaze, all modern engines do this idle-nozzle movements...SuperHornet also, i think F-22 too

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/f-18-usa/p12229-fa-18-hornetus-air-force.html

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Spain---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-EF-18A/0574481/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finland---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-18C/1566668/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Switzerland---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-A-18C/1575692/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Switzerland---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-A-18C/1596789/L/

:)...to my sponsors: Edin ! Thank You Very Much :thumbup:

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought for the Hornet they went to full open when the engine was OFF, then moved to close when they reached idle.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

In the older method...well even the current method...lines and rivets are painted on the skin. When this is done with a second line/rivet displaced/offset by a pixel or so, it gives the illusion of a 3d rivet/line. Now in DCS world with A-10C/A and F-15, ED introduced specular mapping which allows you you give a better depth to the line by defining it in an alpha channel or something. Even now you would still paint it on the skin, but a bit lighter shade and the 3d effect would be obtained by the specular map. Bottom line, you can make new skins with lighter lines/rivets and that should address the issue.

Thank you for explaining it to me!

I thought for the Hornet they went to full open when the engine was OFF, then moved to close when they reached idle.

Blaze, if the engines are OFF then nozzles fully closed.

Fully opened @ idle.

Fully closed again @ MIL, and ~ fully opened (depends of thrust) with AB.

Engines OFF:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Boeing-F-A-18F-Super/2174419/L/&sid=e86c55b8cd611cb2c3c39642af6503f1

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Boeing-F-A-18F-Super/2173068/L/&sid=e86c55b8cd611cb2c3c39642af6503f1

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canada---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-CF-188A/2171245/L/&sid=e86c55b8cd611cb2c3c39642af6503f1

~ Idle Engines:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Marines/McDonnell-Douglas-F-A-18C/2186844/L/&sid=e86c55b8cd611cb2c3c39642af6503f1

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Boeing-F-A-18E-Super/2178432/L/&sid=e86c55b8cd611cb2c3c39642af6503f1

...Kirill, I say Thank to You too.

Thank You for your confidence Folks.

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me explain.

When the engine is shut down, the exhaust vanes close, reducing drag. When the engine is at ground idle the exhaust vanes are open, closing when the throttle is advanced significantly. When the engine is in flight idle the exhaust vanes are constricted. In afterburner, the vanes are opened.

...to my sponsors: Edin ! Thank You Very Much :thumbup:

Why do you take donations... do you release your work? Is it in the user downloads section?

Edited by aaron886

Why do you take donations... do you release your work? Is it in the user downloads section?

I will...few more weeks (probably two weeks more ;) ) seriously: in early December

...They have given me pre-confidence...they trust in me

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...Kirill, I say Thank to You too.

Thank You for your confidence Folks.

You are welcome, your works might just save this sim for a lot of pilots that would rather keep flying SU-27/MiG-29 than what we are given stock with the simulator [can't really call them models by todays standards].

hi mustang! exactly, i removed the stock ones (because the the "new" vaziani ones are larger, so swapping only will not help), copied the ones from vaziani, renamed them into a model of your choice from the ME (maybe the block onroad, it s up to you) and placed them at Senaki or where ever you want. :-)

Screen_121120_001527.thumb.jpg.f05f3f6be9fa5eeac5ff52ee9379c086.jpg

Edited by flanker1

Do you mean reflection or glossy paint when you write "flashy" ? and too much ? i think too weak ! (i see reflection visible only from a narrow and low angle)

He posted many examples of reflection:

My bad, didn't do my homework.:D

Thanks for pics.

spacer.png