Windows 7 x64 + Soundblaster X-FI sound issues

Shaman

My Flaming Cliffs 2 is giving me terrible sound issues.

Windows 7 x64 + Soundblaster X-FI (latest drivers, all windows updates)

Most obvious one, is that engines and russian RWR is almost dead-quiet in the cockpit, and sound cut-offs entirely for some equipment most of the time and comes back on. When I turn my head (TIR) in the cockpit to check 9 or 3 o'clock I can hear the engines then. In external views thing go even more crazy. There are so many issues it is tough to explain them all. Can someone help me with this? Devs? Tech.support? I have been using Windows XP SP3 (legacy 32 bit edition) previously.

I have attached my DXDIAG.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Do you have onboard sound?

If you told us you were going to get a sound blaster card when you did I probably would have told you that for me SOUND BLASTER= no no. They were masters of the game back in DOS era, past tense, GONE. Had my share of compatibility problems and when I built my current system I decided not to get one. Didnt regret it as I never had a single issue with my onboard sound. (at the time SOUNDBLASTER was thinking about charging customers separately for each iterations of their drivers, that kinda scared me away as well).

So if you have onboard sound dont be afraid to use it. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

My Flaming Cliffs 2 is giving me terrible sound issues.

Windows 7 x64 + Soundblaster X-FI (latest drivers, all windows updates)

Most obvious one, is that engines and russian RWR is almost dead-quiet in the cockpit, and sound cut-offs entirely for some equipment most of the time and comes back on. When I turn my head (TIR) in the cockpit to check 9 or 3 o'clock I can hear the engines then. In external views thing go even more crazy. There are so many issues it is tough to explain them all. Can someone help me with this? Devs? Tech.support? I have been using Windows XP SP3 (legacy 32 bit edition) previously.

I have attached my DXDIAG.

A shot in the dark... if there is a 5.1 setup can you check your centre channel? Turning head left and right and hearing engines tells me that the sound is piped through your left/right channels fine, but the centre speaker/channel is low. Or maybe.... you have a 2 speaker/stereo/headphone setup and your audio is set for 5.1. Check this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got this card, because my on-board AC'97 HD 5.1 chipset-something was giving me even more issues with LOFC. Getting X-FI fixed them all, but I was back on Windows XP SP3 back then. However since I switched to LOFC2 and Windows 7 x64, I have these weird issues. I really don't agree with your claim that Soundblaster is bad. I am a gamer and play-through most AAA titles, and I haven't had problems with X-FI platform so far. When I switch output to stereo only 2.0 (or headphones) these problems do not go away, they are sounding kinda "different" though.

tail# 44 or 444

:doh:

Ouch, even worse...

If you cant fix it, get back again, well try help you

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

There is or was an issue with that sound card and most sound cards from that company. I don't know if they ever fixed for your card but some of the higher priced ones did get some sort of driver fix. I went to Xonar to get totally away from any problems. Works great and never lost EAX useability either. Not sure how they did it but it works. I can only suggest look at sounblasters website and see if there is now a driver that addresses your issues. Hope you get it worked out. Cheers.:)

rattler

Thanks guys, Riptide, Pilotasso and rattler, I appreciate it. I don't know now what annoys me more, my sound problems in FC2 or two noisy dogs of my two different neighbors from the same floor :ermm: ASUS Xonar DG is inexpensive solution to my problem (if it works). I will try to look around for different drivers, however you know - I risk breaking other games with some beta or unofficial drivers that I have never had problems before.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

• 3 months later...

Quickly reporting. It looks like DCS A-10C 1.1.0.8 patch has fixed my sound issues!

I CONFIRM

My Soublaster X-FI issues have been resolved with new sound engine that came with DCS A-10C 1.1.0.8 version.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444