I hate to but Crysis 2

Atomic978

Man I was just checking the latest info on this and just saw this trailer. Probably one of the coolist looking game trailers I have seen in a long time. But the physics in this game look to be amazing.

I know its not related to flight but its looking good. I actually pre-ordered it. HAHAHA.

Only problem is that it comes out the same day as cliffs of dover and I pre-ordered that as well. So what to try first.

Just thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtnZ2V0JlzE

• Like 1

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good. That alien resembles the Collectors in Mass Effect 2.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Well I really enjoyed the single player of the first 2 crysis games. The physics of the game are great. Shoot a tree and the tree comes down. That type of thing.

I love my flight sims the most. But a good arcade shooter is not bad once in awhile. We will have to see what the multiplayer is like once it is out but it should not be to bad. Probably allot like black ops.

From what I saw so far the story looks to be good and the enviorment just looks really good.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is one FPS you'll want to get for the PC as well. The Cry Engine (as far as I can tell) REALLY shines on PC. The tech behind the games looks cool, I just can't get into this alien, super human/bio suit thing.

I am curious to know how the actual gameplay will be, apparently a HUGE chunk of Manhattan is modelled and I'd be curious to know how much freedom in the city you'd have.

On a personal note, I really can't stand the direction game trailers have gone. The fast over produced edit does absolutely nothing for me. My mind already knows when a cut is going to happen, i feel like i'm directing an orchestra.

Run/jump/shoot/explosion, run jump shoot explosion...line to slow things down for a second....explosion run/jump shoot/explosion.

TITLE

under the title some cool synch from game voiced by Clist actor.

Atomic978 you're going to have a BUSY end of March my friend! Two games to go between?? I could think of a worst case scenario ;) Plan some time off work/school/gf...and GO!

Edited by element1108

hahaha, Yeah I know. But I have to work, I have a wife and two kids. But I will manage to make it work.

But I liked the first crysis. The game actually kept me interested. If I play a shooter its usually ARMA or ARMA2. I think it is nice though to have a step back from reality once in awhile.

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hahaha, Yeah I know. But I have to work, I have a wife and two kids. But I will manage to make it work.

But I liked the first crysis. The game actually kept me interested. If I play a shooter its usually ARMA or ARMA2. I think it is nice though to have a step back from reality once in awhile.

Oh yeah you can't put all those on hold...wife trumps GF and kids trump everything! Yeah in all other areas Crysis IMHO actually did some re-inventing when it came to FPS. COD or MOH are just cruising off "strong gameplay" but really aren't moving the genre forward at all. Halo...same game since 2000 whenever it came out.

Probably the reason I've lost all interest in arcade FPS, nothing has come out in awhile to really that is worthy of my extremely limited game time (wife, job...no kids yet).

All the best man, be sure to hit this thread back with comments, I'm curious to know your thoughts.

I know its not related to flight but its looking good. I actually pre-ordered it. HAHAHA.

Wow! I have pre-ordered it too. I have such great time with first Crysis and its gazillions of mods and maps. I love Sandbox2 editor where you can make your own scenario and have pure fun with its physics. I totally bite my tongue, cuz I had to decide between Bulletstorm and Crysis2, but in the end I feel Crysis2 will be benchmarking tool for years to come and some great mods will come for it. Another thing that Crysis2 convinced me over Bulletstorm is lack of n00b-ware aka Games for Windows Live.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Crysis isn't my normal sort of game, but you know, it definitely had something about it. I think it is the most believable environment I've ever experienced on a desktop PC. You can almost feel the humidity.

I will check out the second one, but I fear my PC will not be up to it..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well to be honest I have not really had any issues with getting time to game with the family. This is pretty much because I work nights. Also I have been with my wife almost 19yrs. She is use to my gaming addiction:)

I have a almost 18yr old daughter and a 16yr old daughter as well.

No little kids anymore to deal with.LOL.

So with that said. I work the 2nd shift at my shop I work at. I usally get home around midnight every day. By then my kids are in bed. My wife and I will sit and have a cup of coffee to catch up on the night as I missed out because of work. Then she off to her laptop for some pogo games and I am here.

So I will pretty much have time to fly,learn or just game every day with no issues.

My main type of gaming I prefer is flight simulation. I have a few hours of real flying time in a couple of different planes. Cessna 172 and a Cirrus SR 22 G3 turbo.. I do not have my private license yet but intend on finishing it up once I get the rest of my oldest daughters college tuition taken care of. LOL.

I do however enjoy a good game every once in awhile. I feel my simulations are pleasure but with some work load to keep you into it. Like real world tatics. And so on.

Now you have a game coming out like crysis 2. The single player story was written by a real popular Sci-Fi novelist. So I can only imagine that the story is going to be great. (please dont ask me his name as i dont remember at this time). I lost myself in crysis when it came out then again with the crysis warhead. I feel that the crytech team really have a thing going for them. They put there heart into there work and it shows. Just like Eagle Dynamics. and that is enough for me to buy it because I know it will be good. (at least for me).

So enough of my chit chatting for now. I think I just typed more in this forum then I have since the ubi forums for lock on. :)

Cheers.

• Like 1

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Characters animation still suck BIGTIME in any FPS I've seen except Hidden&Dangerous 2 and ArmA series. The in-game physics are not as good as underlying physics engines because of improper usage e.g. game creators use perfectly rigid boxes and other objects. Rocket smoke trails look as if the smoke is being dragged behind the rockets and not actually driving them forward . In other words good physics engine + lazy game creator = lazy physics engine :D

In other words good physics engine + lazy game creator = lazy physics engine :D

:thumbup:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Bucic -

That's the first time I've read anyone defending Arma's character animation. Doesn't bother me, personally, but always felt BI pretty behind-the-times on that front.

When it comes to ArmA I rather meant the presence of realistic constraints applied to movement speed which is vital but, to be fair, certainly only an element of a general animation system. Plus I always used to play ArmA with ACE mod which most probably alters some animation elements.

I never played Cry sis(tem), but i was always was respectuous for the environment they put in.

But for me FPS haven t evolved much since Half life 1 with the extreme fear factor.

Another that wen t with the fear factor was the creepy F.E.A.R 1, the sequels only milked and overused the sucess.

Crysis is nothing but a evolution of Half Life (hyper suit, FPS, Alien, bizarre stuff)

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I never played Cry sis(tem), but i was always was respectuous for the environment they put in.

But for me FPS haven t evolved much since Half life 1 with the extreme fear factor.

Another that wen t with the fear factor was the creepy F.E.A.R 1, the sequels only milked and overused the sucess.

Crysis is nothing but a evolution of Half Life (hyper suit, FPS, Alien, bizarre stuff)

It is, and yet isn't. I love the original Half Life (I really like the follow ups too) because the immersion was fantastic; Crysis is about halfway between a corridor shooter and OFP; it is a lot more open, and the suit gimmick actually a pretty neat gameplay tool. It is definitely a stab at something original. Worth a look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to let you guys know. I just saw that they are planning a multiplayer demo for the pc on March 1st.

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far Crysis had the best dynamic character animation I have seen in a game.

ArmA and ARMA2 animations are bad, I mean bad!

Check this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/crysis-character-pipeline/112437

watch it entirely, my favorite part that made me wow back few years ago is how character adjusts dynamically to terrain he's walking on (slopes f.e.).

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

i'll only buy it if a good total conversion comes out. the first one was advertised as some beacon of pc gaming with sdk support, blah blah. well, there's about 3 or 4 real mods and slightly over a dozen custom levels.

lackluster to say the least. the gameplay itself is horrendous. typical shoot em up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Crytek just posted that Hans Zimmer wrote the intro music and conducted it for crysis 2. If anybody wants to hear it here is a link.

Take care.

• Like 1

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice soundtrack.

Original score by Hans Zimmer? That's would cost a bucket load no doubt.

Crytek can afford it for sure, they're promoting not only the game but also the new engine.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I am scared for Crysis 2. I have played the multiplayer demo and couldnt help but notice that is feels like another POS console port. I am hoping that its just the demo they did that for, but if not, then I honestly feel betrayed as a PC gamer. The first Crysis IMO set the benchmark for all other FPS, with the physics, freedom of play, and graphics well beyond anything to hit the market and still trumps most FPS released today. I understand that its cheaper to write the code for xbox 360 and port it over, but the first and second Crysis were PC only, and it was PC gamers that made Crysis what it is today. I am staying hopeful that Crysis 2 will not let me down, but it is a sad reality that PC gamers are a dying breed due to hackers. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Windows 7 64bit | i7 3960x oc'd 4.8 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 4 x 8 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 | ASUS 7970-DC2-3GD5 | Asus Xonar DX | Corsair H100 | OCZ Vertex 2 x 120 GB SSD RAID-0 | 3 x ASUS 27" monitors Eyefinity | 2 x ASUS 24" monitors w/touchscreen overlays | ViewSonic 22" TouchScreen Monitor | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G9x Mouse | Astro A40 headset | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SoftTH x64 | Loz's Helios Profile |