Gau-8 Has a New Sound

lobo

Much beefier sound. Love it. Beta 5 update. :)

Tell me that would not be awesome with a buttkicker strapped to your chair.

Gau-8 firing at 1:13

Wonder if I could use that as my ring tone? Have that go off as a ringer with vibrate on? lol.

Edited by lobo**
  • Like 1

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Intel Core i7-940 2.93 GHz 8MB Cache

1000 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply

Dual 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard- Socket 1366 Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very nice. I'll be happy when B5 is released so I can run it again...haha. I've already forgot all the switches.

1st_CVW_EDsig.png.1f2be0eb45d45098d3777965a273c030.png

Alienware New Aurora R9 | Windows® 10  64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB | 2 X 1TB SSD | 64GB Dual Channel CORSAIR Vengence at 3200MHz | 850W EPA Gold Liquid Cooled power supply | HP G2 VR Headset | WinWing Orion

Nice! Another effect I would like to see added is the Cockpit view and HUD vibrating when you fire.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Thats the rounds of the T-72 that fired at Wags before he fired the GAU

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip

Perhaps I am missing something

as Scout said, the tank is firing at him :thumbup:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Sounds great! Strange though the tracers appear high up to the right of the canopy. Perhaps I am missing something or it is a know issue.

They are in the upper left at 1:13. what is that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

Why the chaff countermeasures right before the strafe?

Countermeasures are best employed preemptively. It's better to prevent the enemy from launching a missile than to try to evade it after it's launched. Standard practice is to start emitting flares and/or chaff as you roll in on a target, since anything worth blowing up is likely to be defended by something, and you can't generally see MANPADS unless they want to be seen. Even vehicle-based SHORAD can be very difficult to spot.

They are in the upper left at 1:13. what is that?

Tracers are from the tank firing at the incoming plane. You can see it firing in the external view at 1:52.

I definitely like the internal sound, but is it possible to keep the external sound of Beta 4 somehow? I don't know why, but I like that one better than what's in the video for external... just sounds more distant. I could be wrong, but does anyone know where I can save the external sound as a backup?

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Seriously, I love this sim! It's all the big things and all the little tiny details that make it endless happy time!! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Intel Core i7-940 2.93 GHz 8MB Cache

1000 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply

Dual 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard- Socket 1366 Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Windows 10 (64-bit)

That is a sweet video indeed, the GAU has never sounded better :thumbup:

One bugbear though, i wished there was a newer effect for the tank "cooking" prior to explosion (2 mins into video) that wierd strobing flame animation just looks wrong to me.

In a perfect world, we'd have effects like this, but i realise that the performace hit would be pretty substancial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJe9mSzC5RQ

Anyways GJ ED, and roll on Beta 5 :pilotfly:

Edited by Mustang