HAS Anyone Looked inside the TM WH throttle?

Even with MAC failures reports (1 or 2 of them) thats are probably less than 1% of the systems here ?

well, we've only seen one (that I know of) Intel branded (reference) board

Its each time more looking like, its not because we havent seen a unicorn that they don t exist argument.

or a lack of elephants in the loungeroom means that throwing cigarette ash on the carpet keeps them away... just because we haven't heard, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening ;)

I guess we will have a clearer picture of whats happening after firmware 2.0, since TM have delayed WT wake up to be parallel with windows load time, and speeded shut down to windows shutdows start, thus avoiding supposed spikes and arcing.

spikes and arcing would be more likely a TM hardware fault, but not neccessarily mains power impropriety (other components would die at the same time if it was mains power), and there would be a more likely to be a 100% fail rate being firmware involved in that... but also the delayed wake up would point as well to the button combination theory I had.

But if we continue to have no AMD failure, and 2.0 fails (more bricks) it may well be how Intel system distribute informations to the device. Its remote, improbable, but who knows.

it works the other way around (iiuc)... the system reads the device and responds accordingly. (going back to your

unicorn"... just because we haven't seen/ heard, doesn't mean there are no problems. It just means we haven't seen/ heard).

Anyhow, it aint Intel faults.

I think you'll find that is the case, else there would be a 100% fail rate of all throttles... not just randomly as we've been seeing.

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

well, we've only seen one (that I know of) Intel branded (reference) board.

Actually i asked the owner and he wasn t sure he said Mac people said him it was all proprietary but i don t believe it much. I cant recall mac doing chips anymore, probably Mobos.

or a lack of elephants in the loungeroom means that throwing cigarette ash on the carpet keeps them away... just because we haven't heard, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening ;) .

Lol i tought you would reply with Aliens example, but your is better. :smilewink:

spikes and arcing would be more likely a TM hardware fault, but not neccessarily mains power impropriety (other components would die at the same time if it was mains power), and there would be a more likely to be a 100% fail rate being firmware involved in that... but also the delayed wake up would point as well to the button combination theory I had..

Your button theory works for wake up, sure but for shutdown ? I don t think its that. I am still on power issue being dha problem, but who know.

I think you'll find that is the case, else there would be a 100% fail rate of all throttles... not just randomly as we've been seeing.

I m lost here...:huh:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Not to mention the USB controllers on the motherboard itself.

As to the OP's quote from TM...as the OP said he is on an imac, not an Asus board. I recall reading at least 1 bricked unit was used with a Gigabyte mobo, too.

DOnt be so catastrofic in your power surge people, not all fire in building are Towering Infernoes.

It suffice a bad diode or component more fragile than it should be or with a bad quality control leading to a vulnerability, so what any other device can easely stand end up poping the throttle.

Remember that companies usually include some tolerance on anything related to power.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

the button configuration has poweron as part of the sequence... read back to other posts.

a bad diode or component issue would have lead to its identification through a range of serial numbers (think about that whilst you're out there with your unicorns) and a power/ grounding issue would have other devices dieing at the same time... static though is still a possibility, though that wouldn't neccessarily present on start up/ shutdown... TM firmware 20 is the clue there.

(iiuc) Government regulations dictate a consumer device must be able to tolerate almost anything thrown at it from the grid.

lost you.... yes, I think is some being lost involved. You pointed your finger at Intel controllers as the badboy and sadly you missed where the other three fingers on your hand were pointing. Again, if it was Intel controllers, you'd be getting 100% fail rate of the throttles.

and as to what you thought with "aliens"... wasting effort on what you think people may or may not come back with, really, is being part of the problem - not the solution ;)

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have read this thread so far may be interested in the continuing saga of what I would call my WORST after market tech support experience..... EVER!!!

As mentioned earlier, I was given an option of;

1/ sending my throttle back to point of purchase for replacement then update firmware

or

2/ getting a new updated MoBo sent to me for self install.

This is why I started this thread.... in the hope of speaking to someone who may have also had this option and looked inside their throttle. I've since looked inside and it doesn't seem like much of an issue.

BUT here I am 14 days after, still waiting for the part which will (hopefully) restore this expensive paper weight to it's former and proper use.

I sent an email two days ago and TM can' even be bothered to reply to that. WTF

Public relations 101= don't piss off your customer base by making promises you can't or don't intend to forefill.

TM could release a replica f15 cockpit for $5.99 and I wouldn't go near it right now!

Rant over.... I DO hope you're all enjoying Beta4 and hope to have a working HOTAS before A10 goes gold. Or when DCS F15 Eagle is unveiled 8-)

<S

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Well for you to be reassured i sent a e-mail and a report a week ago and nothing, i was just asking about informations thought...

And to squash your dreams, mext DCS module has 90% of being F18, 100% not G.

I feel your pain...

Excuse my ignorance, but has anyone that has had a Hotas returned to them or purchased with Firmware v2 on it had the thing brick again?

If not, why is the firmware not available on thrustmasters site?

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

So far not, i suppose they are taking the oportunitie to do some others changes(throttle leds), or maybe they are considerig there s not enought time yet for the guinea pig to report and they don t want to report a false positive solution as they did on 1.8.

Well my Warthog is in the mail :joystick:

I'll just start praying now suppose.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

For those who have read this thread so far may be interested in the continuing saga of what I would call my WORST after market tech support experience..... EVER!!!

My experience with replacing the circuit board and TM support is positive. All my emails were responded within 24 hours. It took 10 business days between me sending first email and them sending me the spares, and another 3 business days to ship from France to Poland (I got and email when the part was shipped).

The only complaint I could have is that TM asked me about invoice scan to check warranty after the spare part was ready to ship, which added 1 or 2 days to the whole process.

Replacing the board is easy and took me half an hour. The only problem is removing the gule that holds the cable sockets in place, but this can be done with screwdriver or a knife. The new board reports firmare 20.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

To some1

I'm glad that you have had a positive experience..... I expect the fact that I live in Australia is a part of the reason what should be a week or two turn around has taken nearly two MONTHS!

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Anybody else uses a USB Hub with port switches?

To quote TM

"All Throttles that had this issue were having a computer with the ASUS P5 series mainbord, we have investigated this and developed a new firmware update."

Mine bricked on an Apple iMac! Go figure.....

Your info (if available) will be much appreciated! <S

This thread gives me the creeps 'cause I have a P5K myself :cry:.

The thing is, I use the TM Warthog since early December and so far no problem. Did the "bricking" happen quickly, or is this a random problem to pop up even after weeks of use?

Two important things:

1) I use an USB-hub with a separate power switch for each port to connect to the PC. I switch the Warthog on when the PC is started. This was set up this way when my TrackIR sometimes wasn't recognized by the SW and I had to crouch to the back of my PC every time to un/re-plug! ...flip a switch is so convenient :music_whistling:

This may be a reason MoBo USB spikes never reached the TM WH:joystick:...?

2) Perhaps we can narrow this down to a certain batch of devices - so what is your SerNo.? Mine (from the silver plaque) is 02675...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...

To those who may be interested, I finally received my new MoBo for the TM throttle and after a week of testing (which unfortunately eqautes to three hrs!) everything is working as it should be. On that note I would like to thank TM for their after sales service all be it on the slow side. They have come to the party and solved the issue. GAME ON!

See you in the virtual skies sometime soon... once I re aquaint myself with this awsome sim. <S

Nope.

Well, except the numbers on the main chip, but that doesn't mean anything to me.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I concur. Couldn't see any physical difference but wasn't too concerned with how it looked. Just wanted it to work! Still goin strong. flew for about two hours yesterday....... so when I get about 50 hours up I expct I'll stop worrying about it.