ATI X1950 Pro Fix for Main Menu

Arizona

OK,

I just got around to installing Flaming Cliffs 2 and was disappointed to be greeted by a washed out, white menu.

But everything else seems to work fine...

It appears the suggested fix is to buy a new video card - which I'll do this summer when I build a new system. In the meantime, I'm stuck with this card.

So, I was using a printout to understand what the buttons are on the main menu, but then I decided to try to change the background to see if I could improve it.

I succeeded by changing the background to solid black. Now, there are no problems reading the main menu.

The file you need to change is here: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\BlackShark\themes\main\images\LOP

The file for the background image is: base-menu-window.png

Use a photo editor / drawing program to change it to solid black. Other colors may work, but I'm not going to mess around with it anymore. It is fixed and I'll be flying.

Arizona

• Like 1

The fact that I never thought of that makes me hate myself. Thanks for the idea, I'll make sure to link people to this if they have that issue. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester