Knee-Board A-10C ramp start checklist

Damage

I know there are a couple good ramp start guides already posted here but I wanted a text only checklist that could fit on my clipboard. This 2 page document works well once you are familiar with the cockpit layout and are somewhat familiar with wait times at certain stages of the procedure.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ejnda09pxxbdxhr/DCS%20A-10C%20Startup%20Checklist%20%28Beta-4%29.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

exactly what I was looking for. Used those "kneeboard" checklists a lot for falcon 4 AF. thanks for posting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

nice, thanks :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Well done, thanks :) the graphic startups are a huge help but then i want to progress to getting things done as quick as someone can read it.

Intel PC, 32gig ram, Geforce GTX1080 ti, 34" G34Q

TM Cougar U2nxt / Cubby Hall Sensors . MFG Pedals . TM MFD / 8" lcd's . Basic Flight Chair . TIR5 or Oculus

You don't really need to talk to ATC, nothing will happen if you don't. :P

But the procedure is you talk to ATC before starting your engine. To do that, you'll need a) the APU running and the APU generator on (as well as battery + inverter, obviously) or b) connection to ground power.

Once you have power you can tune your VHF AM radio to the frequency of the tower (if you have the F10 map enabled, you can click on the airfield to see its frequency, if you don't already know it) and request permission to start up.

Edit: on Damage's checklist, you request startup permission somewhere after step #12 and before #21. You might want to do it immediately after #12 and continue the checklist while waiting for permission.

Permission to taxi you request right before you begin to taxi. This would be after your EGI has fully aligned and you've switched to nav mode and enabled ECC.

Edit: permission to taxi would probably be just prior to #59 (PITOT heat) which should ideally be done at takeoff time, since heating the pitot tube while stationary can cause problems. (At least, that's alluded to in the startup tutorial; I've never actually tested if it does.)

Permission to take-off is requested immediately prior to taxiing onto the runway. There's a fairly small area before the runway where the ATC will respond to your request. If you request before you reach that area, you'll get no response. If you request after you've moved onto the runway, you'll be told 'unable to clear for takeoff'.

Edited by nomdeplume

Nice job!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.