using two sound devices

159th_Falcon

Wondering if the following is possible.

I have a set of normal speakers, which currently play all game sounds

And a headset i use for TS.

Would it be possible to split the sound of A10C to the two devices in a way that all communications (" headphone sounds") come over the headset i have

and all other sounds remain to be played from the normal speakers?

~S~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Would it be possible to split the sound of A10C to the two devices in a way that all communications (" headphone sounds") come over the headset i have

~S~

Assuming you have both plugged in to different connections on your computer, make sure your speakers are set as your default Playback Device (Right click the speaker icon in your taskbar to get the options). Then go into TS3 and under Settings -> Options, select your Headset and Microphone under Playback and Capture options respectively. You can now start the game and you should hear all game sounds (including game AI comms) through your speakers and all TS3 chatter through your headset.

Edited by Morphine

Only works for MP using TS as described above. It would take some major fiddling with the sound engine to let it export to separate devices, methinks.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 1 month later...

This is exactly what I've been trying to accomplish with my speakers and headset and now just discovered that it cannot be done. Does anyone know if this is being worked on?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

a friend has his TeamSpeak coming out of his Bluetooth Headset and A-10 coming out of his speakers ... he may have an issue once in a while but it works good for him.

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor