The first joystick with hydraulic feedback

Well lets see price tag. Butt acquiring a warthog and dropping it... arght not so soon, or not until some years i hope, or me winning some good cash at the lotery.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Well lets see price tag. Butt acquiring a warthog and dropping it... arght not so soon, or not until some years i hope, or me winning some good cash at the lotery.

http://www.hardwareguru.com/article/paccus-fluid-head-force-feedback-hawk-joystick-interview/

What do you think will be the finalized MSRP (price) for this product ?

Retail price will be between 250 and 400 euro, depending on the type, quality and the volume they will be produced in.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had contact with the Paccus company and they have told me the following.

At the moment we are working on a side-stick based module and a ground based module. The electronics will be provided with USB in and out, so that a joystick grip of choice aswell as other modules like throttle, rudder and different types of instruments can be wired in a circuit.

Besides the joystick modules, we are also working on a throttle module. This throttle module will also have force feedback with active autopilot movements.

After this, the rudder module will be the next.

We hope to start the production of the joystick this summer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Response from the company regarding my request:

'thank you for your inquiry. We are currently testing the production prototype and trying to get the money from the bank to start production. As you might know, we are a new small company and that makes it difficult to convince a bank to put money in our company. We hope to get funding in February. Than we can start to create the production tools and make the first run. We plan to have the first units available by this summer. The price will be around €450. You could help us by passing on the good news. The more people that are interested in our products, the easier it will get to convince the bank. We will add you to our updates. Thank you again and we sure hope to make you happy in the near future.

kind regards

The Paccus Team

Bart Sikkens'

Wow 450 euros? Not when the stick looks like that buddy, and if it feels anything like how it looks...

Don't go by the looks mate, TM is making awesome looking sticks but the inside is CRAP (excuse me for my direct personal opinion).

If you read a little bit better further up this thread you can read that they will develop modules in the future, ground and desk based modules on which you can put different types of grips that go together with an USB connection, so any 3rd party can make grips with any type of button, switch, pov, minimouse and so on aswell.

I must agree with the bad looks of the stick at this moment, but the system and the whole idea this company is having is the future and far ahead of any other consumer based "joystick" manufacturer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aah that explains it. I contacted them last year september or so for the second time. They would let me do a review on the paccus hawk but I never received it. Forgot about it untill now. They mentioned that the hawk was postponed due to revision. But money always plays a role so it seems. I hope they will succeed. Holland is a small country and I would be oh so proud if my fellow country men will come up with a HELLAVU device :)

Been seriously looking at that french site which makes replica's for a few crates. The BF109 for instance. Can't remember the sites name.. but man that looks wicked. I would really love to have such a stick and pedals. I wonder if i can modify my G940 so it will be a longer stick... probably the forcefeedback will be weaker with a longer stick... aah well.. I will wait and see what the sim world will come up with these next years.

aah found the french site: http://www.valiant-studio.eu/tarmac/html/en/hangar.php

So you basically need the mechanical base and a stick.

- Innovative technologies for forces management and the realistic reproduction of the sensations of a real device (no return to zero)

... guess I have to mail them to find out more about this force management...