The first joystick with hydraulic feedback

The first joystick with hydraulic feedback created by the Dutch firm "Paccus".

I tried it at the Flight Sim Weekend 2010. It felt lurky as I had to give the same force bringing it back to center as pulling it back. What a lame thing I thought.........but at the time I had no idea it was powered off and the force feedback wasn't active!

Still in development at the moment, but hydraulic feedback is actually what I have been waiting for!: http://www.paccus.nl/

(too bad the stick doesn't look that good....)

Interview @ hardwareguru.com:

http://www.hardwareguru.com/article/paccus-fluid-head-force-feedback-hawk-joystick-interview/

Edited by Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be fun to try out but being a flightsimmer this stick will never make it to my home because of the universal design. Hopefully a pure flightsimm stick will see the light of day :)

Would still love to try it out though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

I agree, this system would be perfect with the option to put different stick designs on it, something like Thrustmasters swapable sticks, but then with USB connectors. And then they would really finish it with optional extentions for cockpit builders.

I think I will contact this firm to give some serious users advice. I think hydraulic feedback is the future for home simmers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

During the FS Weekend we had some serious talks about his concept and our Su-27 replica stick, and considered the possibilities of combining the two.

Since both projects are in an early stage, it's too early to tell if this will work, but the guy from paccus was definately interested.

About the shape of the base, he explained to us that this is a desktop version, but the design can easily be changed so that both force-feedback pumps are situated directly below the stick.

This way, the base gets a little higher, but also much narrower, ideal for cockpit builders.

During the event one of the pumps broke, so there was little or no feedback on the X-axis in the end.

The demo model at the event used standard motors, whilst production versions will use much sturdier brushless motors.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

LOL have a failure and get all wet in the process.

Good idea anyway, hope it ll work.

On a side note, what good it is to have switchable TM stick, if they don t do any different handles ?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

It wasnt me :music_whistling:

You sure? ;) :D

Thx for that info Joe Kurr :)

You're welcome :)

One thing I forgot to mention is the FFB strength of the stick, IIRC it was something like 4 kilograms of force.

It was enough to make the stick lift its own solid aluminium base off the table when held tight and FFB 'trim' set fully forward using the testing software.

I think that flying long missions with this stick can get quite demanding.

Due to the pump malfunction we weren't able to test the stick with Lockon, although the guy from paccus offered to test it in one of our cockpits there and then.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

LOL have a failure and get all wet in the process.

Good idea anyway, hope it ll work.

On a side note, what good it is to have switchable TM stick, if they don t do any different handles ?

Exactly!

If Paccus is smart, they make a very good hydraulic feedback base and then make different grips for different types of aircraft (with a USB stick-base connection for all types of button compatibility). Next to that, sell different lengths of extentions for cockpit builders.

Then last but not least, work closely together with sim developers to ensure optimal compatibility and there you are, you have the ultimate simstick!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'd have to be very rough to cause an oil leakage, because the hydraulic circuit is completely sealed.

Never underestimate human capability :D

And.. it was a joke... the all wet...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

hi Joe Kurr and Frazer,

i think if both projects are in early stages, there is no reason to find no solution to combine both..in development of input devices, you should know, everything is possible excpet you invest enough..and in my eyes..a joystick project with swapable sticks is easy to fit^^ if they are not interested, we can make our own modding solution for the hydraulics base! there is no need to use integrated electronics for buttons, if you use your own USB device solution, so you can make every grip playable as two devices, one for axis one for buttons and switches.. why not!

interesting find frazer!

cheers

SCUD

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

' In the near future we'll also bring you hydraulic feedback pedals. So then you can feel all control surfaces (eleron, elevator, rudder and gear.)

Throttle, yoke, flap control panel and built-in unit will be developed in 2011'

very good news.

Where did you read that? Because I missed it, very good news indeed! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]