Will we get a 3D pilot in the cockpit?

Mustang

...and there is no huge FPS hit ;-)

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

yes shadows in cockpit how and they didn't make any...i wonder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Yeah, I am also thinking just the simple cockpit legs with the knee boards strapped to them like the user made cockpit mods for FC. I really don't need the hands and feet moving around, just something to cover that empty hole of the seat/floorboards when looking down.

Would help with the "ghost cockpit", make a place to put a takeoff checklist and regional airport locations etc, whilst not impeding on the view or functions of switches etc. I am guessing that this may be something that the community modders may be able to address later after the release though...

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php?/files/category/162-pilot-kneeboards/

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=185&record=3668

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=1092&record=4575

Edited by Rider1

I want a pilot, cockpit shadows AND customizable kneeboard. Why settle for less? :P

It would be really cool to have a kneeboard or 2 (one on each leg, don't know if its realistic though) and be able to load the flight plan details and chart or anything else you think is most useful for the current mission from the mission editor. For example, "load a custom image for kneeboard" option would be nice through ME.

Just thinking out loud :music_whistling:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

The pilots in ED's sims look weird and not proportionate. The limbs in the screens above look so much better than the ones in Black Shark. I'd like hands instead of mousepointer when operating the buttons, etc though.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I finally have landed on the side of wanting a pilot. This is why:

I never fly with one because he gets in the way in BS. But today, I finally made a short FRAPS movie in the A-10C and...where's the pilot?!?!

Now I see the need!

I wonder why it's not something yet mentioned by the ED team. Such as, "We're working on implementing a pilot, but no promises." Or, "At this time there is no plan to include a pilot." It would put this thread to rest.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Yeah, thats the A-10A version.

After looking at that pic, it seems that ED didn't implement pilot yet because they have to solve at least two problems: left hand covering some switches and throttle that can be moved seperately (left/right) by hand.

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

Knee board is a must in my opinion.. should have all our freqs handy right there so we don't have to take notes at th ebeginning and end. The tower of the start point, end point, jtac, flight, guard, awacs, and a divert base. And ILS / tacan information as well.

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

I'd like to get the knee boards on 2 separate monitors located below my main monitor and mfcd monitor setup..maybe even situate the monitors...well...down by my knees:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 1 month later...

I use a real kneeboard which I prefer. There is something about really flipping through the pages that helps for immersion. I would also like to have the pilot just for the "looking down" view. I use a TrackIr and the sense of immersion is broken when I look down and don't have any legs. It becomes an "Oh yea!" moment which I don't like.

The hands would be great, and probably not a big deal programming wise. The caveat for that comment is "as long as the throttles aren't split". That probably throws a monkey wrench into the whole idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

I use a real kneeboard which I prefer. There is something about really flipping through the pages that helps for immersion. I would also like to have the pilot just for the "looking down" view. I use a TrackIr and the sense of immersion is broken when I look down and don't have any legs. It becomes an "Oh yea!" moment which I don't like.

The hands would be great, and probably not a big deal programming wise. The caveat for that comment is "as long as the throttles aren't split". That probably throws a monkey wrench into the whole idea.

If you are gone do it do it right ask for the hand movement when the pilot throttle up or down or wen you switch a button the pilot do the same in the virtual cockpit.

Shinigami Out....

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is how it looked in Aerosofts A-10 for FS2004:

[ATTACH]47423[/ATTACH]

67274620.jpg

Hands would be fine, just fade them out when you put the mouse above them.

Kneeboard are are very important asset when sitting in a cockpit. They are your secong memory !

Sure you could just print them all out or get a real kneeboard, but I just dont like that empty space in the cockpit.

The Pilot is a important part of the cockpit and without him (or her :smartass: ), it's just unrealistic.

Maybe ED focused to much on the cockpitsystems and just forgot the pilot...

image.png

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

it's a little thing, I know... But, I always enjoyed having the pilot body in BS. It is purely an immersion thing for me (especially now that I am finally getting trackir today :) ) But, as others have mentioned, having clipboards with customize-able content would also serve a useful function