Decision

Hi,

Men...everytime i see pics of the WT im allmost runnning to the store to buy it! But the price makes it so hard to decide. Its a product that requires serious sim quality time, which i cannot garantee for myself due to my work. Also the steep learning curve of the A-10 requires a lot of persistence...

So to even the odds im thinking about going for the Saitek X52 pro. Its half the price but probably also half the quality. I always use to say: a cheap buy is an expensive one.

Nope...you cant make the decision for me, ive gotta do it myself.

Pffff...men and their gadgets, its never good enough isnt it:cry:

Without sollutions there aren't any problems

CASE: CM 690 II / PSU: CM 750 Realpower / MB: MSI P55 GD65 / CPU: I7-860 @ 3,8 GHZ / MEM: 4x2GB OCZ 1866 Platinum / SB: Creative X-FI Extreme gamer / GPU: ASUS GTX 275 / HD: 2 x Samsung F1 1 GB / OS: WIN 7 64 Bit H.E. / MON: 1 x Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD & 1 x Samsung syncmaster 940bf / Logitech G27 / logitech G110 / Logitech M705 / Logitech Extreme 3D pro / Saitek Proflight Yoke, 2 USB Throttle controllers & rudders / TrackIR 4.0 /

I had the Pro before the WH. The Pro is a good HOTAS - smooth, responsive, accurate and was still going strong for over two years. Then I upgraded to the WH and all I can say is it's like joining the big boys. The material and construction make the Pro seem like a cheap toy. There is no other way to describe it.

I also had a Cougar and to me both the Cougar and Pro seemed to be at the same level - not build wise obviously, but to me they were on the same level of HOTAS. Not so the WH.

The WH is for the serious simmer though. The price tag alone ensures that. So if you're not going to be simming seriously (not necessarily the A-10) then don't even bother buying it, it'll go to waste. But if simming is the only type of gaming that you do, even occasionally, then it'd probably be worth it cos you'll enjoy it immensely.

Personnally, the price tag is not what will keep me away from the WH in the long term. But at the moment I'm sticking with my X52 even if most people I know switched. I'm curious how the WH will do in the med to long term for reliability.

Other consideration : WH is plug and play, X52 is all about good profiling, which you have to get or make.

WH has exclusive DCS profile, but to use in other sims, you need to set up you own profiles like with older Pro or Cougars, too,..so this is no argumentfor buyor not buy..!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't convey just how far above the WH is to other HOTAS. I'm a Cougar owner, and still am. ( I love the Cougar and it's feel), but the WH is in a league all by itself. It's solid and you feels real from the tension to the resistance and feel of the switches, HATS, and buttons to it's sheer weight. I never think of it as a game peripheral or a toy, but as a real world piece of hardware co-opted for my home PC. All the other HOTAS i've had including the cougar still gave me that toy feeling, the WH definitely does not. Also, don't forget the HSensors thoughout which give it amazing precision.

The moment after I purchased it, I thought to myself how i couldn't beleive I just dropped such a fair amouint of money on a controller, but once I had it in my hands i thought to myself what a justified purchase if ever I've made one.

• Like 1

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

The Cougar bashing must stop! :-)

The WH is great, no doubt, but the Cougar ain't no slouch either!

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

interms of stick feel when pulling and pushing, i prefer my uber nxt,

As do I so....how about the NXT used together with the WH Throttle and then swap the WH Joystick handle on to the NXT base. Bam! Hybrid TM HOTAS, best of both worlds.:D

I may do this myself as I have the luxury of both. For now I am staying with the WH joystick because it is very precise just like the NXT and trying to get used to the WH stick's center transition point (like the Cougar). The NXT has none. Strangely this is the reason I originally disliked the NXT as comapred to the stock Cougar for a while after getting it installed. After flying with the NXT for a few weeks the advantage in precision became apparent to me and this "feel" became my personal preference. I am not sure I am prepared to switch back even though the center on the WH is of course rock solid.

What to do, what to do.......:joystick:

Out

I should definitely go with the hybrid, but for the fact that the WH stick installation has worked out really well in my cockpit situation. I also understand that you loose one button (pressing the CMS in?). I don't even know if that is used in the real WH Hotas. The other consideration, is the button quality and press sensation of the WH Stick which is superior.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]