RWR Guide

jesusmataman1776

Is it safe to assume that most if not all U.S. aircraft RWR systems use the same symbology and audio tones ? and does anyone have a hawg specific RWR guide ?

I ask because I have an old RWR guide from my Viper driving days. I got "painted" plenty last night in a MP session and I recognized the tones. But some were new to me. I just thought that there would be a slight difference from DPRK and Russian systems.

I'm not an expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but to the best of my knowledge...

At least in the days of Falcon 4, most of the RWR symbols were classified, because the information given by the symbols could give foreign nations insight into how advanced our signal processing was; namely, the RWR was capable of revealing more information about enemy radars than we cared for our enemies to know.

So, if I am not mistaken, the symbols used in Falcon 4 may be stand-ins for the actual RWR. And so I don't think it's going to be helpful to use a Falcon 4 RWR guide as a starting point for decoding the Hawg's RWR symbols. The same may hold true for the tones.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

wow you guys are great...quick answers.. ok how about SAM,AAA quick reference sheets showing threat levels, min and max alt. engagement zones, ETC

again I have one from Falcon 4... the data should be accurate right ?

oh BTW i found this out

regarding the RWR,

The AN/ALR-69 RWR has been installed on Air National Guard (ANG), United States Air Force (USAF) and USAF Reserve F-16 (except Block 50), A-10, AC-130, MC-130H Combat Talon II, and the HH-53 aircraft. The AN/ALR-69 RWR is a mature system and has been in continuous service since the mid 1970s.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/an-alr-69.htm

Edited by jesusmataman1776