Op Brotherhood

dooom

Thought I'd share the mission to see if any combined arms squads want to give it a whirl:

Inspired by both Real Georgian legend and plausible Politics.

ofuQmWpFW9Q

Operation Brotherhood

FACTS:

Abkhazia continues to have its declared independence ignored by the Georgian/NATO alliance. Their homeland recognized only as a “breakaway region”, Abkhaz citizens have long suffered a stiff economic embargo following the 1991 Georgian attempt to strip them of their Russian identity. Their only sense of security comes from the Russian passports and our Mainly Russian UN Peace Keeping force patrolling the region. Elections are pending in November and pro-Russian leadership is currently attending the Forum of National Unity of Abkhazia (FNEA) conference at Lake Ritsa.

For the last two months, State paper “Respublika Abkhazia” has been reporting rising tensions between unknown “citizens” in the popular Lake Ritsa district and our UN force. Minor skirmishes have broken out; but until yesterday morning, no Russian lives have been believed to be lost.

At 18:00 hours, the following AAR was filed with our Sochi border command based from Russian UNOMIG field command in Sukhumi; the force has not responded to efforts to communicate since filing.

5255298287_9f878190a4.jpg

Dispatch by dooomdooom, on Flickr

LEGEND:

Ritsa's originIn ancient times there were a valley and a river at the site of the modern lake. A girl named Ritsa lived there with three brothers Agepsta, Atsetuka and Pshegishkha. Ritsa used to pasture her animals in the valley and her brothers hunted in the high mountains by day and returned to the valley in the evening, where they ate, sang songs, and admired their sister.

Once, the brothers went too far into the mountains. Ritsa missed them and sang. The forest robbers Gega and Iupshara heard her and decided to kidnap her. Iupshara caught her and rode down the valley, while Gega covered his flank. Ritsa's brothers heard her crying and came to the rescue.

Pshegishkha threw a sword at the robbers, but he missed and the sword flew over the river. The valley was filled with water and turned into a lake. Ritsa broke from Iupshara's grip, but fell into the lake. The brothers couldn't save her. Then Pshegishkha threw the robber Iupshara into the lake, but Ritsa's water wouldn't accept him and threw out him over Pshegishkha's sword and the water carried him away to the sea. Gega ran after Iupshara, but he didn't manage to rescue him.

Out of grief, the brothers turned into mountains, and today they are still standing here to protect the resting-place of Ritsa.

Goodbye, Motherland!In the 1930s, during the construction of Stalins's vacation home on Lake Ritsa, soldiers carried building materials along the thin road. Once, in the most dangerous place, a truck lost control and fell from edge to its demise. As the truck was falling, the driver cried: "Goodbye, Motherland!" ("Прощай, Родина!"). This is why the road is named "Goodbye, Motherland!" among drivers to this day.

5255911770_75ae1ee94b.jpg

ritsa 3 by dooomdooom, on Flickr

5255911882_f444dd845d.jpg

two brothers1 by dooomdooom, on Flickr

5255911960_8dc3b0586a.jpg

kodori by dooomdooom, on Flickr

Let me know how i can make it better.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

v4 of mission attached - forgot to set targeting by ai opfor in v3

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL