HOTAS Warthog Slew not working

Just picked up my HOTAS Warthog, and everything is working, except the slew on the throttle. I cant get it to map in game and in the TARGET software. Anyone have any ideas if I am doing anything wrong. Has anyone had this before? Thanks for the help, and I can give more info if needed.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mine was the same, after many emails and calls to Thrustmaster it turned out to be a fault on the controller. Thankfully I bought it from Amazon and had a replacement within 2 days. I hope yours is not the same, but dont rule it out.

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

Mine was the same, after many emails and calls to Thrustmaster it turned out to be a fault on the controller. Thankfully I bought it from Amazon and had a replacement within 2 days. I hope yours is not the same, but dont rule it out.

I just got my Warthog and the POV1 hat is stuck in the down position. Still waiting on Tmaster support to return an email. Probably have to return it via Amazon to tigerdirect.

Burner

Intel Core i7 9700 @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080Ti, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, HOTAS Hornet, Virpil CM2 Base, MFG Rudders , HP Reverb Pro

Could you state the solution, so others, who might have this very same problem, could try your solution?

Well, not much I did really. Once I got it loaded up adn the game started, I switched on the maverick and was able to slew it around no problem, but in the options menu when I try setting it up, the game didnt reconize it. But it works so Im not going to go and mess with things.

The only thing I am trying to figure out now is when I press the trigger, I get about 1/2 second burst of gun fire, nothing longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, not much I did really. Once I got it loaded up adn the game started, I switched on the maverick and was able to slew it around no problem, but in the options menu when I try setting it up, the game didnt reconize it. But it works so Im not going to go and mess with things.

The only thing I am trying to figure out now is when I press the trigger, I get about 1/2 second burst of gun fire, nothing longer.

It might be a stupid suggestion, but make sure you pull the trigger hard enough. Sometimes it happened to me that I unconsciously eased the pressure on the trigger during small adjustments to stay on target. I really had to get used to how much pressure do I apply on it.

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33 Ghz Extreme, 12 Gb Corsair DDR 3 1600 Mhz, 2x 1 Gb Geforce 460 GTX GLH in SLI , X52 Pro, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech G15, TrackIR 4 Pro, 600 Gb Sata 3 WD Velociraptor 10000 RPM, 1000 W Corsair PSU, HOTAS WARTHOG

I'm not an electrical engineer, but at the beginning my coolie hat had a similar problem; it went on just for a part of a second at the time. Haven't noticed the problem after a few weeks of use.

It might be a stupid suggestion, but make sure you pull the trigger hard enough. Sometimes it happened to me that I unconsciously eased the pressure on the trigger during small adjustments to stay on target. I really had to get used to how much pressure do I apply on it.

Its funny is that I wasnt pulling it hard enough. I was so use to my X52, that I wasnt pulling the trigger at all. I was having a tough day flying , but I think I finally got all my stuff sorted out, well for now at least. Thanks everyone for helping me out. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not an electrical engineer, but at the beginning my coolie hat had a similar problem; it went on just for a part of a second at the time. Haven't noticed the problem after a few weeks of use.

My trim switch has the same problem. I think it's because I don't press/pull at exactly the right angle and wind up hitting one of the "down right/up left" positions by mistake.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

257th Fighting Falcons/First VFW-25th Virtual Fighter Squadron

Specs: Win7 HP 64 bit, i7-960 @ 3.2GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz, Intel-based Alienware mobo, 256GB Samsung SSD, WD 1.0TB HD, Samsung LCD monitor @ 1920x1200, TM Warthog, SIMPED vario F-16 rudders w/brakes, R.A.T. 7 mouse, 2xMimo 7" LCDs, 2xTM Cougar MFDs, and TrackIR4 w/Pro Clip. Wife who tolerates it. Cat who thinks she can interrupt at ANY time. :doh:

I just got my Warthog and the POV1 hat is stuck in the down position. Still waiting on Tmaster support to return an email. Probably have to return it via Amazon to tigerdirect.

If your waiting for thrustmaster on an email good luck, They never answered one email out of 8, I had to call them every time. The only emails I recieved were the auto responses.

I was not very impressed by the support. It took 7 calls before they admitted it was an hardware error. I would just swap it with Amazon there service is excellent.

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

• 4 weeks later...
If your waiting for thrustmaster on an email good luck, They never answered one email out of 8, I had to call them every time. The only emails I recieved were the auto responses.

I was not very impressed by the support. It took 7 calls before they admitted it was an hardware error. I would just swap it with Amazon there service is excellent.

I received emails back from Tmaster in less than 48 hours. they could not help me as they have no spare parts right now. Swapped unit #1 out. Unit #2 the pov (trim) hat failed after a few days. On unit #3 now and it seems to be holding up so far but, I haven't flown much over the holidays.

Burner

Intel Core i7 9700 @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080Ti, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, HOTAS Hornet, Virpil CM2 Base, MFG Rudders , HP Reverb Pro

• 3 years later...

Hi,

cannot agree to your statement. I am having problems with my slew controller as well and the support is excelent. I get answeres per mail within 40 mins. But this is the german support team. Maybe it differs from other countries. As it seems I am having a controller board issue. Bad thing is, no guarantee anymore because I bought it as a used one. So checking what it can be. Maybe any ingeneer could give me a hint? :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

POV Hat

I wasn't aware that the POV Hat had a centre press. That means mine is stuck in the down position as well. Only had it a month and didn't notice it.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

• 1 year later...