Thrustmaster Warthog Review

Clicking the "next" button on the first page of the review takes you to the review of the Thrustmaster T.16000M. The numbered page-buttons work, however.

Ok, my mistake - the "next" button in the line with the numbers works as intended, it is the one below that shows the above mentioned behaviour. I guess you should rename it to "Other reviews" or something like that, as it is right now I find the page navigation a bit strange.

Edited by KillaALF

TM Warthog is useless for real precision flying (formation aerobatics).

I have use last 10 years these joysticks:

Guillemot Force-Feedback

MS Sidewider

MS Sidewider Force Feedback 2

Top Gun Afterburner II

Thrustmaster HOTAS Top Gun II (Force FB)

Logitech Force 3D Pro

Logitech G 940

Thrustmaster T16000M

I tested Warthog for a week, lets say around 25-30 flying hours and I use HOTAS Cougar Uber NxtII exclusively since 2002.

None of the above is bad imao. But I think this one is the best. My opinion,take it or leave!

Also, still imao is a matter of taste. For instace I don't like force feed back even if many people can't fly without.

What HOTAS you will suggest?

I beleive I have to apologize because I reply before reading the post you point (opened in another tab to read later ), I have never had the change to use X52Pro, fly as formation leader and finaly I saw your videos!:worthy:

But, I still beleive, because of my experience, that Warthog is great for the majority of virtual pilots and a good reason to put my Cougar on the shelf!

I beleive I have to apologize because I reply before reading the post you point (opened in another tab to read later ), I have never had the change to use X52Pro, fly as formation leader and finaly I saw your videos!:worthy:

But, I still beleive, because of my experience, that Warthog is great for the majority of virtual pilots and a good reason to put my Cougar on the shelf!

Like I admitted in my previous post, the Warthog is a fine stick for the majority of the virtual pilots and I'm also not trying to convince people the X52Pro is a better stick than the Warthog. I believe there are quite a few "bad copies" of the X52Pro having button and centering issues.

I never had those problems with the X52Pro though and so (if you have a good copy) for formation aerobatics, the X52Pro is probably the best choice at this moment (haven't tried the X65F yet, nor the CH Fighterstick or G940).

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TM Warthog is useless for real precision flying (formation aerobatics).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62564

I promise I will go all through the post to point. But IMAO being a formation leader is a very special and I think rare situation for the majority of virtual pilots.

Formation Leader or just precise flying... I have no problems! I do have a hunch there could be a select number of units with more stickiness than others out there, but I'm not feeling any issues with mine and I'm coming from using FSSB/NXT modded Cougars for the past 5 years, so I'm used to having absolute precision at my fingertips. On top of that I've flown a fair amount of lead (but I'll let others comment whether I'm smooth enough or not ;))...

No problems here! Frankly, but not taking into account if there are units with stickiness problems, I think this is blown out of proportion.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I have carefully read several posts about the supposed stickyness, but I am unable to find any on my stick either. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the people mentioning the stickyness do have it, but it seems as though Lawndart has a valid point; not all units have it apparently.

As for precision flying, I can fly a lot smoother with the WH than I ever could with my X52 (non pro). It had a lot of slop around the center, plus I never got accustomed to the feel of the travel of the stick from a full deflection, through center towards full deflection on the other side due to the spring and the plate covering the joint (if that sounds familiar at all).

I dont know if the pro has a different joint/spring system or not, though.

What I did find less comfortable at first was the heavyness of the WH. Where the X52 allows control 'from the wrist' so to speak, the WH requires more effort from the whole arm.

That was, however, until I placed it in a more natural position in relation to my arm instead of on my desk next to the keyboard. Due to its size it results in an uncomfortable pose for my body. Only then the X52 was more comfortable, resulting in more precision.

Both great sticks though, but having a good pose due to proper positioning of the hardware I find I am much more precise with the WH.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I have carefully read several posts about the supposed stickyness, but I am unable to find any on my stick either. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the people mentioning the stickyness do have it, but it seems as though Lawndart has a valid point; not all units have it apparently.

As for precision flying, I can fly a lot smoother with the WH than I ever could with my X52 (non pro). It had a lot of slop around the center, plus I never got accustomed to the feel of the travel of the stick from a full deflection, through center towards full deflection on the other side due to the spring and the plate covering the joint (if that sounds familiar at all).

I dont know if the pro has a different joint/spring system or not, though.

What I did find less comfortable at first was the heavyness of the WH. Where the X52 allows control 'from the wrist' so to speak, the WH requires more effort from the whole arm.

That was, however, until I placed it in a more natural position in relation to my arm instead of on my desk next to the keyboard. Due to its size it results in an uncomfortable pose for my body. Only then the X52 was more comfortable, resulting in more precision.

Both great sticks though, but having a good pose due to proper positioning of the hardware I find I am much more precise with the WH.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

Where in Holland do you live? I would love to come by and try yours.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe we can do a tripple check? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Don't lie to us. We know you're just gonna meet up at a "coffee shop". :D

Well, at least that should tell us if it's certain units that have issues...or certain pilots. (And I mean no insult by that - perhaps there's something that just plain bugs Frazer more than it does me, LD, Grab, Yskonyn and MTF.)

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

...perhaps there's something that just plain bugs Frazer more than it does me, LD, Grab, Yskonyn and MTF.

I've been told I'm smooth to follow before, but I also don't use up a lot of airspace while maneuvering... in other words, my style of flying may be more aggressive (meaning that my rate of inputs are higher, the onsets quicker, and the transitions more frequent between making input changes while still flying smooth of course). I hardly spend any time in unloaded flight during a demo.

That being said, I still can't feel styckuness on my unit when moving the stick around. :P

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Don't lie to us. We know you're just gonna meet up at a "coffee shop". :D

That would be a sight to behold; three guys in a coffeeshop putting three WH HOTAS units on the bar and starting to wiggle their sticks... :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ummm.

- Your stick is bumpy, mine ain t..

- Maybe but yours is floppyer than mine.

- Do you feel the bumps ?

- No, to say the truth i don t feel anything.

:rotflmao::D :clown:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.