Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short question Sabre. In older versions I could use the mission key of the AFT-campaign to unlock the corresponding training missions. With 1.4 this seems to be not working. Was it intended?

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No changes the key and password should still work. Check that you are using the right key against the right package.

We have the BFT Campaign and a BFT practice missions package and AFT Campaign and AFT practice mission packages.

Check the first post in this thread for links to the corresponding package.

The other issue is that your SUID may have changed. You can download the SUID checker program from our website.

If it has changed, re-install the license setup program and send us the SUID and we can generate new keys for you.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

No changes the key and password should still work. Check that you are using the right key against the right package.

We have the BFT Campaign and a BFT practice missions package and AFT Campaign and AFT practice mission packages.

Check the first post in this thread for links to the corresponding package.

Ok maybe my mistake. The packages from page 1 are working. I downloaded the updated missions of air refueling some posts above since the package seems to be from August 2013. Will there also be an update for the practice mission package?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

All I have to say about these mission packs are THANK YOU. I considered going straight for the AFT package, but I decided to grab the BFT package and work through it just to make sure I didn't miss anything that would hurt me later on.

I'm kinda both happy and sad to say that most of the BFT has been no trouble, save for it exposing a couple potentially critical flaws in my flying. The checkrides force you into some relatively stringent standards if you want a Q rating, stuff that the stock missions couldn't care less about, and it's in these requirements that the BFT pack makes sure you know what you're doing.

Never thought doing a bunch more traffic patterns would've improved my combat performance, but results don't lie. Well worth the price.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Sabre, I've got an issue with AFT illumination flares mission but think I'm missing something - I complete the task and land, turn right and go the first revetment on the left but then I don't get a cue for shutting down as I normally do. Any ideas?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

IMO, in the Basic Flight Training Qualification, the exercise 2 with the one engine flame out emergency landing should be done at least after the exercise 4 "Perform Approach and Landing".

Perform Advanced Handling by Recon Stewart

Hi Sabre, I've got an issue with AFT illumination flares mission but think I'm missing something - I complete the task and land, turn right and go the first revetment on the left but then I don't get a cue for shutting down as I normally do. Any ideas?

Sounds like a trigger didn't fire. Are you using the latest version (1.4)?

I checked the triggers and when your speed is low in the revetment it should have provided the message to shutdown provided you didn't already fail the mission.

IMO, in the Basic Flight Training Qualification, the exercise 2 with the one engine flame out emergency landing should be done at least after the exercise 4 "Perform Approach and Landing".

I agree it seems odd to put the emergency procedure experience before the regular approach and landing training.

The guide we were following for our agenda did it that way so we decided to copy it.

Normally emergency procedures are studied, practiced, and tested on the ground before any flights.

In our opinion getting some experience with a single engine landing gives some confidence for the future formal landing routines.

I'll have to check which version it is but I'm sure it's the latest. Not had problems with any other missions at shutdown mind you and I'm taxiing slow enough - tried different revetments at either side of Kobuleti as well without luck. Looks like I'll be starting the campaign again! Which is crap as that night AAR landing is a nightmare to get right!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Try coming to a complete stop as the trigger looks for speed less than 3.

You can edit the campaign progress if you want to skip the mission or start a different mission.

You shouldn't replay the campaign from the start if you fail in the middle. Each Mission is it's own stage so if you want to start at mission 6 set the stage to 6.

Click the spoiler below to see how...

If the campaign restart in game is not working you can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =

{

[1] =

{

["created"] = "05/06/2013 4:28:32 PM",

["player"] = "Me",

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircrafts/Su-25T/Missions/en/Campaigns/Georgian Oil War - Grand Campaign.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <---- Select the section with the largest number - that is your latest entry.

{

["datetime"] = "05/06/2013 4:31:09 PM",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3, <----- Set this number to a different stage in the campaign.

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 0,

["mission"] = "ATO-A-P3.4.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sabre, the last update "messed up" the folder structure. "aircrafts" folder is now "aircraft". I know we can change it manually during install but I wan't to be sure you know about it for the installer. BTW, is there any chance to keep my campaign progress?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorted mate, cheers for that.

Yes we are aware of the change and updating all the installers.

To preserve the campaign progress you can do the following:

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =

{

[1] =

{

["created"] = "05/06/2013 4:28:32 PM",

["player"] = "Me",

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircrafts/Su-25T/Missions/en/Campaigns/Georgian Oil War - Grand Campaign.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <---- Select the section with the largest number - that is your latest entry.

{

["datetime"] = "05/06/2013 4:31:09 PM",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3, <----- Set this number to a different stage in the campaign.

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 0,

["mission"] = "ATO-A-P3.4.miz", <--- Set this to the mission name.

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

Edited by Sabre-TLA

CHARLIE is actually the exit WP for the training range.

The FE (Flight Examiner) should contact the Range Controller for CHECKOUT when you are done with all the targets.

Listen closely for the radio calls and only clear the range when instructed.

If you leave without approval you will fail the PO (Performance Objective).

How do you set what mission to play?

I completed BTF03 and after being qualified and everything I thought the mission was over and ejected for fun which apparently de-won the mission and I don’t want to play it again.

Some criticism on BFT:

01: Having to use your exact (and ambiguous) checklist is very annoying. How about cutting the player some slack like you do in the other missions where it’s flight readiness that counts?

02: I’ve had an issue twice with the guy never instructing you to start the EFATO. Was not a lot off altitude, course or speed but the issue may have been that. I also won this mission and could play the next one despite crashing onto the runway (and surviving) so apparently the scripting is off. Oh and in 02 I was also cleared to take-off despite forgetting both the APU Gen and APU on once… wasn’t he checking that?

03: Once I had the issue with the guy never telling me to go 120 the other time you are supposed to do it and after completing that the “do what the ATC says” voice message and another played simultaneously (the turn 40, turn 300 message also plays simultaneously often) so I missed the part about that I was actually supposed to touch down without more instructions.

The first mission was annoying. The second mission was also quite annoying since I had the bug with the instructions stopping. The third mission was really enjoyable though despite some scripting bugs.

OH and one more annoying, consistent issue: 2 minute shutdown!? Make it three! A shutdown where you’re spinning down the engines as quick as possible and slamming every switch in the cockpit as well as you can is not a good shutdown.

In my opinion 10 minutes is good for a quick start and 20 for a slow one so 15 minutes seems generous enough but… shutdown in 2? Aren’t you supposed to idle for 5 minutes before turning any engine off? At least I wasn’t failed for missing CMS off in BFT03.

Thanks for the feedback. We will try to improve the missions with the next update. See my comments below:

How do you set what mission to play?

I completed BTF03 and after being qualified and everything I thought the mission was over and ejected for fun which apparently de-won the mission and I don’t want to play it again.

See this post for how to update your logbook to set whatever mission you want.

Some criticism on BFT:

01: Having to use your exact (and ambiguous) checklist is very annoying. How about cutting the player some slack like you do in the other missions where it’s flight readiness that counts?

The checklist we used is based on the actual A-10A flight manual checklist so we wanted to be complete and ensure users have completed all testable steps. After BFT01 the missions assume the user knows the routine by then so we only check specific checklist items (like the takeoff checklist in BFT02 and shutdown checklist).

02: I’ve had an issue twice with the guy never instructing you to start the EFATO. Was not a lot off altitude, course or speed but the issue may have been that. I also won this mission and could play the next one despite crashing onto the runway (and surviving) so apparently the scripting is off. Oh and in 02 I was also cleared to take-off despite forgetting both the APU Gen and APU on once… wasn’t he checking that?

If you missed the instruction then likely you missed the zone that triggers the instructors actions. There is a fairly large zone between WP 2 and 3 so if you head towards WP 3 after the turn at WP 2 you should hit it.

There are checks in the mission for unit damaged or unit dead so maybe there is a bug in ED's engine that allowed you to crash land without triggering those items.

The takeoff checklist was only checking those items specific to takeoff. As per the mission briefing: To pass the takeoff procedure test your checklist must include the following items: Pitot Heat On, Anti-Skid On, SAS Switches On, Canopy Closed. APU status would have been part of the start-up checklist covered in BFT01.

03: Once I had the issue with the guy never telling me to go 120 the other time you are supposed to do it and after completing that the “do what the ATC says” voice message and another played simultaneously (the turn 40, turn 300 message also plays simultaneously often) so I missed the part about that I was actually supposed to touch down without more instructions.

We have noticed sometimes depending on speed and altitude that some triggers overlap causing voice messages to overlap. Will see if we can fix those in the next update.

The first mission was annoying. The second mission was also quite annoying since I had the bug with the instructions stopping. The third mission was really enjoyable though despite some scripting bugs.

OH and one more annoying, consistent issue: 2 minute shutdown!? Make it three! A shutdown where you’re spinning down the engines as quick as possible and slamming every switch in the cockpit as well as you can is not a good shutdown.

In my opinion 10 minutes is good for a quick start and 20 for a slow one so 15 minutes seems generous enough but… shutdown in 2? Aren’t you supposed to idle for 5 minutes before turning any engine off? At least I wasn’t failed for missing CMS off in BFT03.

We debated about a proper shutdown time (ie actually wait for the engines to completely shut off) but feedback from users at the time we were developing this indicated they didn't want to have to wait to get their rating. You can actually start some of the shutdown checklist items while still rolling towards the parking spot so it is achievable (check the "After Clearing the Runway" section of the Amplified Checklist).

Thanks again for the feedback and we will continue to update and improve the missions where possible.

I have some Trouble in the BTF01 Mission i use your checklist, but i think some of the triggers fail. i have set the CMSP Mode to standby but it won't recognise it at the end of the procedure it says i failed to start it or is it because i havent spoiled the right engine fully up? In the other case the flap cycle failed... but the flaps stand by 20 deg...

What do i wrong? I would appreaciate a hint

thank you for the great work!

kind regards Hotdog

Try a right mouse button click instead of left (cycle the switch). I've noticed that sometimes the game engine won't set the CMSP stby trigger properly but if you cycle past it and come back then it appears to work.

For the flaps you should cycle them fully down then fully up.

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have further issues and we can work directly with you to solve any problems.

Also our Interactive Start-up Trainer Tester is a good way to learn the switches and test your system to ensure the switch settings are working properly.