Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you choose the right one for those that want to fix the problem in the Ground handling mission with everyone shooting each other all you have to do is open the Mission Editor and select the unit list scroll down and change the Russian aircraft to Georgian. Then save the mission and it should work.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

BFT 05 bugs

Humvee (unit 3) collides with F-15E on the ramp

BFT 04 bugs

1/Mission debrief happens on 1st final 17min 32sec

2/Error maintain pattern altitude on apporach.

3/Message below glide path when cannot descend to pattern altitude.(until 5miles)

4/2nd approach maintain the pattern altitude at 5miles well above glideslope before ok to descend from 2500ft.

I might try editing BFT 05 and remove the Humvee to see if the mission will work properly.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan has been posted to ED's user files section pending moderator approval.

This was tested on the 1.1.1.0 patched version.

Here is the link to ED's User Files Section: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

That will wrap up the BFT series. I really enjoyed working on them. I'll now go back and retest all the missions against the current patch release and provide updates where required. I'll also put them all into a campaign for download as a complete set.

Many thanks to all of you that have given me feedback and advice and have enjoyed playing these missions.

I'm working on something new for Xmas that I hope everyone will enjoy. Stay tuned....:smilewink:

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks for the hard work Sabre... I was enjoying the challenge of the BFT1 mission right up until it wouldn't go any further. Quite a feeling of accomplishment to actually get the start-up down to an acceptable procedure!

BeachAV8R

Just do as mentioned above in the ME and you should be able to do the whole mission. The start up is just the intro you actually have to follow a humvee around the ramp and runway then you have 2minutes to shut down. Its very easy to fix the mission so it'll work. So far his best is the Formation one is my favourite although I have yet to try out the low level BFT.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

You really did a great job! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm working on something new for Xmas that I hope everyone will enjoy. Stay tuned....:smilewink:

Can't wait. I'll be :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Finally got past the startup and taxi only to be told to shut er down in two minutes but doesn't protocol state that you need to cool down for somewhere around four minutes?

And, I made the changes in the editor to stop the fratricide by changing both helos and a10s to Georgian only to have the damn thing to, once again, CTD a short time into the taxi portion.

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Just almost managed to complete the BFT 12 mission(forgot to turn off ILS:doh:) anyway this is Sabres best mission yet wound up flying Close trail its advisable to have HUD SOI so you can just DMS the steerpoints. The IP is a Wanker as for a winglead unlike the Formations mission where he gives a warning before turning/braking etc This time he follows timings so every so often he'll brake and he gives no warning so its quite fun to follow him through the low level flight plan. One problem though in several times I've done this mission is L Gen Failure after the aircraft is ready to go. In my need to pass the mission I flew the whole thing with the APU on to keep the left engine on as I had to restart it luckily with seconds to spare prior to taxi. (Sabre is the Left Gen supposed to fail and if so whats the proper way to fix it or should I just turn the APU on again:lol:) Anyway good mission.:thumbup:

Screen_111202_102546.jpg

Screen_111202_102635.jpg

And this is my 1st attempt at this mission after taking off with one engine.

Screen_111201_095812.jpg

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the left gen failure in mission testing too but it wasn't programmed in so I just left it (maybe a bug in the new patch?).

I noticed that in the game menu, under options, misc there is a check box for Random Failures. Mine wasn't checked but I had the failure anyway.

Good idea to leave the APU on. In my testing I had enough time to recycle the left gen switch and restart the engine and it was ok. The FE will orbit waypoint 3 until the rejoin but then any time you lose you will have to make up to hit the waypoints on time.

I'll post a track the next time so you can see what I did.

I'm glad you found the mission challenging. There is a bit of a surprise ending if you Qual or Qual Minus. Just make sure you park in the revetment with your nose facing towards the taxiway so you can see it.

BFT01 - Ground Handling V1.2 has been posted to ED's user files section pending moderator approval.

Here is the link to ED's User Files Section: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

I fixed the bugs and added some more checklist items and updated some dialogue.

Hey great training program. Did the standard training missions and had the feeling it wasn't a proper training too after failing hard at the campaign. Now I just finished your first training a couple of times to be sure i'll remember everything. Moving on in the program now.

There is a lot of information in the flight manual but I am having trouble remembering everything though. Also there are things that are not in the manual at all especially about the advanced training.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have something in the briefing about the material you have to study, for example the chapters in the flight manual and possibly some other info on the net.

I'm also looking for a crew to train with online anybody out here (dutch/english speaking) accepting new members.

Mostly looking for a server on which I can fly simple missions with a couple of other semi-serious pilots that are willing to help me out if I get stuck. Anybody?

Edited by degoe

BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan has been posted to ED's user files section pending moderator approval.

That will wrap up the BFT series. I really enjoyed working on them. I'll now go back and retest all the missions against the current patch release and provide updates where required. I'll also put them all into a campaign for download as a complete set.

Many thanks to all of you that have given me feedback and advice and have enjoyed playing these missions.

Are you working on phase 3. Thats the stuff I am really looking forward to! And need help on..

I'm also looking for a crew to train with online anybody out here (dutch/english speaking) accepting new members.

Mostly looking for a server on which I can fly simple missions with a couple of other semi-serious pilots that are willing to help me out if I get stuck. Anybody?

Check the sig. We're not particularly organized. Fly both A-10 and BS2.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the left gen failure in mission testing too but it wasn't programmed in so I just left it (maybe a bug in the new patch?).

I noticed that in the game menu, under options, misc there is a check box for Random Failures. Mine wasn't checked but I had the failure anyway.

Good idea to leave the APU on. In my testing I had enough time to recycle the left gen switch and restart the engine and it was ok. The FE will orbit waypoint 3 until the rejoin but then any time you lose you will have to make up to hit the waypoints on time.

I'll post a track the next time so you can see what I did.

I'm glad you found the mission challenging. There is a bit of a surprise ending if you Qual or Qual Minus. Just make sure you park in the revetment with your nose facing towards the taxiway so you can see it.

Sounds cool, another Easter Egg I take it the fun of doing a U-turn in the revetment. BTW I think these missions should lead to a log book qualification when they are fully completed by a player. Just comparing it to Arma 1/2/OA and FSX Acceleration etc. So completeing a mission should = a tick in a box and completeing a campaign should = a rating that is marked in the logbook also making the logbooks viewable in MP like Falcon 4 to show this for players would be cool. This reminds me of exactly what XSi are trying to achieve with FighterOps in the T38C/T6 etc. Its a big deal for a player to complete this sort of trainning so perhaps when Nevada is released maybe ED should reflect this in the logbook and also make it visible in MP for other players to see and make it a goal for other players to want to achieve.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I think these missions should lead to a log book qualification when they are fully completed by a player.... This reminds me of exactly what XSi are trying to achieve with FighterOps in the T38C/T6 etc. Its a big deal for a player to complete this sort of training so perhaps when Nevada is released maybe ED should reflect this in the logbook and also make it visible in MP for other players to see and make it a goal for other players to want to achieve.:thumbup:

Those are all very good suggestions. I agree that a complete and incremental training regime adds a LOT to the immersion of sims like this.

:thumbup:

BeachAV8R