Just fried my 6800GT, problems with old card.

I just fried my 6800GT and the retailer has to contact their head office to see if they will replace it straight away or send it back to manufacturer for repairs/replacement as it happened after their 30 day return policy and their head office managers have been in a meeting all day. Should know tomorrow morning.

I am trying to configure my old Abit 5900 OTES for 1.1 but lock-on keeps CTD. I keep getting a "dxrenderer.dll" problem. Anyone any ideas to this problem. :confused:

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.

Why wouldn't they, my MSI card shipped from them with a part of their driver that overclocks the card for me. If they tell me to use their divers to overlcock their card I would assume they will replace it when I use it.

My BFG 6800GT card comes overcloked too but they put a better heatsink on it so it's covered under the warranty. In situations such as this I'll go buy another (doesn't work so well with mail order) then bring back the broken one and just get my money back. I've overclocked every vid card and processor I've had and they will normally crash before they fry. Sounds like it was bad or cheap components to begin with.

Try the 61.76 drivers.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=824

Best I found for my Gigabyte 5900XT.

Unload current Nvidia drivers first from Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, before installing new ones.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs