2xintell m160g gen 2 ssd in raid 0

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

all fully water cooled by ek

dell u2711 monitor 2560x1440

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

They already have a thread in controller input about serial numbers or some such.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

ok sorry any mod please feel free to delete my thread

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

1860 dominaters triple channel

corsair 800d case

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

Go with the logitech g940 good price and good hotas

I wouldn't, to be honest. Everything apart from the stick uses potentiometers and the throttle rotaries and rudders have been known to spike after little use in quite a few units (happened to me, in fact, but they might have sorted that problem out by now).

Apart from the hardware, the software is abysmal, so you really get what you pay for :(

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I would still get the X65

probly good advice thanx

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

corsair 800d case

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

I would still get the X65

Bad advice....the Warthog is a far better stick. If you want glitz, go ahead and get the X65. If you want precision, durability, and realism, get the Warthog. Its absolutely perfect for DCS:A-10C but also good for about any modern military jet. The Target software still needs a little bit of sorting out, but the hardware is superb.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Holy bat turds! Releases Feb. 2011 for $1200!? Really? They are out now, for about $400 US.

yeah i wouldn't be buying it from them, probably import one myself i realy should read this section more lol

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

corsair 800d case

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

Bad advice....the Warthog is a far better stick. If you want glitz, go ahead and get the X65. If you want precision, durability, and realism, get the Warthog. Its absolutely perfect for DCS:A-10C but also good for about any modern military jet. The Target software still needs a little bit of sorting out, but the hardware is superb.

MD

Unless you own the X65F please do not slag something just because you're opinion says the other is better.

I do own both and there is nothing wrong with precision on the X65F, in fact, I could fly more precise with it than I could with the Warthog. Also, switches on the throttle feels 100x better than those on the Warthog. For pete's sake, I feel like I'm going to break those buttons on the Warthog if I press too hard.

Durability we will have to wait and see since both is still too new to really make an informed decision. The Warthog actually have a few reports out of throttle failures. The only issue I read about with the X65F is that some shipped with the stick not fully centered. Mine was perfect though.

I agree, nothing beats the realism on the Warthog but then again, it was designed, replicating the A10 and you are using it in a A10 :music_whistling:

Which one do I currently use? The Warthog because it talk to DCS A10 natively but between the two sticks I do not have a clear favorite.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

:doh:hey thanx for the links to vr guys looks a bit better price wise

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

corsair 800d case

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

x58pro

g13

plus das keybrd

If they are selling for that much in NZ I might start selling them on Ebay for like $800 and call it a bargain!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

If they are selling for that much in NZ I might start selling them on Ebay for like $800 and call it a bargain!

yeah the "ape" doesn't have a good rep for hardware at good prices. it can be had for a lot cheaper. either import it yourself and take a chance on the customs duty (anything over 400 you get pinged) or get it from a retailer. i have one on order for much less than 1200.

in fact it should be here this week. any kiwis need a heads up, giz a shout! :thumbup:

Action After Contemplation

MD

The X65s use hall effect sensors too and I wouldn't call a TMWH precision instrument this early in the game. What say we wait for the novelty to wear off and see if there'll be more complaints.

Frazer isn't the first to report that drag in the middle of the axis. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62564

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The X65s use hall effect sensors too

No it does not. The stick is force sensing so it uses strain gauges, like the FSSB Cougar does. The throttle uses ordinary potentiometers.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Unless you own the X65F please do not slag something just because you're opinion says the other is better.

I do own both and there is nothing wrong with precision on the X65F, in fact, I could fly more precise with it than I could with the Warthog. Also, switches on the throttle feels 100x better than those on the Warthog. For pete's sake, I feel like I'm going to break those buttons on the Warthog if I press too hard.

Durability we will have to wait and see since both is still too new to really make an informed decision. The Warthog actually have a few reports out of throttle failures. The only issue I read about with the X65F is that some shipped with the stick not fully centered. Mine was perfect though.

I agree, nothing beats the realism on the Warthog but then again, it was designed, replicating the A10 and you are using it in a A10 :music_whistling:

Which one do I currently use? The Warthog because it talk to DCS A10 natively but between the two sticks I do not have a clear favorite.

Hey RogueRunner, could you post a track of you flying the DCS A-10 with the x65f? I am looking between buying the X52PRO(much cheaper here) or a X65F, the only thing holding me back is the FS from the X65F.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

I wouldn't, to be honest. Everything apart from the stick uses potentiometers and the throttle rotaries and rudders have been known to spike after little use in quite a few units (happened to me, in fact, but they might have sorted that problem out by now).

Apart from the hardware, the software is abysmal, so you really get what you pay for :(

Roger that thanks for the info. So for 500 dollars for the HOTAS anybody have some good pedals??? As for now I might just stick with my CH setup and buy some CH pedals until I can afford the Warthog

No it does not. The stick is force sensing so it uses strain gauges, like the FSSB Cougar does. The throttle uses ordinary potentiometers.

Arghhh. That's what I was thinking. And I did not know the throttle uses pots. Sorry, people.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P