Help! Gun Won't Stop Firing

MajorV

After posting this question in the Ubi Community Help Forum, I realized that it should have been posted here since it relates to FC 1.1:

Hello all. I am new to LOMAC and just received my Flaming Cliffs 1.1 CD. I have a CH Fighterstick, and am still trying to configure and map all the controls. My problem is that whenever I tap the fire button (trigger 1), the gun (cannon) keeps on firing until all ammo is depleted. I can stop one of these bursts only by hitting the Rate of Fire/Cut Off Burst keys (Shift-C). I did not have this problem in LOMAC 1.02.

Am I missing a setting here? I have tested the trigger in the game controller setup and it only lights up for the time that it is depressed (i.e., it does not stick physically). I do not believe I have Salvo Mode engaged. For a while I was experiencing the "CH Fighterstick Keeps Turning Left" problem that others have mentioned, but that miraculously disappeared on its own (without any reinstall or other setting changes). Thanks for your help.

MajorV

Found the fix on my own--I checked the Space bar trigger and discovered that pressing it only fired 5 rounds (instead of 1000, as was the case with my joystick trigger). I went back into the Options/Input screen, CLEARed the joystick trigger 1 assignment for "fire" and then RE-ASSIGNED the joystick trigger 1 for "fire". That did it--each pull of the trigger now fires only 5 rounds.

I guess it had to do with the initial joystick calibration. Gotta watch those CH Fightersticks--love the features and quality, but they are a bit quirky on this game at least.

MajorV