Viper Drivers, my new movie

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

It's been a while since I've released one, and I hadn't quite figured out how to fly the F16 w/an F16 cockpit.:D Check out the vid, maybe this will give us some insight as to what the next generation sim from ED will be like.........Anyhow, it was inspired by a friend of mine who is a Viper pilot at Luke AFB.

I get 60 gigs of transfer a month, when I get close I'll pull it down till next month.

Viper Drivers Movie

the movie was fine but i think u should shake the camera little more...

and cycle the screen more.. with that kind of background music.....hehe

that F-16's cockpit was really nice by the way.

Huh? The movie was awesome! Congrats ruggbutt, that was really nice piece of cinematography :)

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

good movie, ruggbutt. I like it.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

• ED Team

Not bad :)

The F-16 cockpit in LO it's interesting.;)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Where is that F-16 Mod ? I noticed that the wheels are set correctly on the ground with this mod...or were they AI at landing and take off only?

I didn't like the music on it..but to each his own.. Overall it was a nice video.

I had some good downloading speeds...was watching the film in about 1 minute..

Where is that F-16 Mod ? I noticed that the wheels are set correctly on the ground with this mod...or were they AI at landing and take off only?

I didn't like the music on it..but to each his own.. Overall it was a nice video.

I had some good downloading speeds...was watching the film in about 1 minute..

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/loma...%20-%20Aircraft here you go :) Enjoy

That´s a great Video!

But how do you build this F16 Cockpit into FC??

Is it just a Fake?

Isn't it cockpit from F4? I'm also interested how did ruggbutt make it. Rugg?

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

One thing i dont understand is why videos are packed with .rar or .zip, they are same size packed/unpacked. Or is it some safety reasons, so video wont get damage during download. I just hate to unpack videos with these progs. Speed was fine though over 200kb/s

Edit: video was very high quality and made with serious skills, it was true pleasure to watch. Wouldnt mind seeing more of these..

Guest ruggbutt
good vid, just a bit sad you didn't mention my Desert Falcon skin (as you did with Mitch and Dscythe) in the credits :( sigh sigh!

I'm very sorry about that. I couldn't remember where I got it, and there was no name to credit it to in the readme. That skin was awesome, which is why it got a prominent role in the movie.

One thing i dont understand is why videos are packed with .rar or .zip, they are same size packed/unpacked

I saved half a meg by zipping it up, and from past experience I've found that the extra bandwith adds up. In this case it isn't much but w/a couple of my other movies I saved 3-4mb. LOC has found this to be true and he has 11 movies released IIRC.

The mod that allows you to fly the F16 is made by US_Marine and the flight model and cockpit is the Mig 29. If you look real close at some of the taxiing parts the wheels are a couple of inches off of the ground, not enuf for most people to notice. The HUD is and the terrain are all LOMAC in game, only the cockpit is superimposed. I spent a ton of time in Photoshop (and w/the F4 manual) to add what you see on the MFD's. I figured out how to make working gauges and HSI (for the movie) but I didn't have the patience to take several weeks to render what would account for a few seconds of footage. Either way, the F16 cockpit is pure "movie magic" as they say.

I really wanna thank LOC for his help. We've spent the last 5 years or so on comms together and he seemed to take to Vegas 5 quicker than I did. Not to mention he has a natural talent so his tutelage was much appreciated.

So ED, you guys got that flyable F16 done yet? Or do I gotta do an F18 movie?

Guest ruggbutt

Я вижу что вы практикуете русский язык на ваша каникула и ваш полет в mig 29. Вы учили как сказать бандиту inbound в роднойа язык?

Very very very very very very cool movie and superb music.

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64