Great Instructional Video

Guest ruggbutt

Very well done. The Movie counterpart to the IRONHAND tutorial tracks!

It definitely is a joy to watch just for the graphics and movie alone. Editing skills are splendid as usual.

Now what happened to the previous 10 video tutorials?

KuostASigcopy.png

I just finished viewing this video. Really, really well done. I like these types of videos for us "not so polished" pilots. They help me understand what I am reading in the tactical books. You know the saying " a picture is worth a thousand words."

I'l like to see one sometime on guns kills and specifically energy management during a dogfight.

More more more please. I learned something new from this video. I didn't know you'd get a second warning tone when the missile goes active. Thanks for the heads up.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

But why so dumpish voice? :)

Either you mean the simulated radio comms effect, or you don't find my voice sexy??? :P

Glad you guys liked it :)

I don't have as much knowledge as some others here, except maybe in sony vegas but I thought this was a good visual display of something I do know;)

Like enigma said " a pic is worth a 1,000 words" and the advantage of split screens i think help.

I had thought about doing simular movies for the following for the Su-33....

1. Carrier landing

2. Mid-Air refueling

3. CCRP/CCIP and loft bombing

4. Guns and energy management.....(I think there are better pilots to explain technique, but maybe a colaboration or something?)

is this ok?

Guest ruggbutt
Either you mean the simulated radio comms effect, or you don't find my voice sexy??? :P

LOL. You sound different in the vid (before you simulated the radio effects) than you do on comms or the telephone. And IIRC BSR™ Jas said she thought you had a sexy voice.........

Guest ruggbutt

I thought the voice was appropriate for an instruction video, though it almost sounds like you're bored. "Oh, an AIM-54C? Is that all?"

LOC always sounds like that on comms, all calm and stuff. It's really annoying when you're in a bad spot and he's calm saying "I'm coming, hang on". :D

I think this video has only one flaw...it was against an F-14 armed with AIM-54 Phoenix and theres a scene in the video where you can clearly see the phoenix pass the flanker well within lethal range LOL. He would be dead toast and burried in crumbs if the game simulated near miss detonations right.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest ruggbutt
He would be dead toast and burried in crumbs if the game simulated near miss detonations right.

You've contradicted yourself. The movie was made in game as an instructional vid pertaining to the game. Since the near miss detonations don't work as you say then there is technically no flaw in the video. The blame goes on the game itself.

I think this video has only one flaw...it was against an F-14 armed with AIM-54 Phoenix and theres a scene in the video where you can clearly see the phoenix pass the flanker well within lethal range LOL. He would be dead toast and burried in crumbs if the game simulated near miss detonations right.

That occcurred to me too ... 54s have BIG warheads (135lbs) ... I would have thought that they would go off well within those miss distances. Doesn't detract from the great vid though ... or the good use of multiple views.

You've contradicted yourself. The movie was made in game as an instructional vid pertaining to the game. Since the near miss detonations don't work as you say then there is technically no flaw in the video. The blame goes on the game itself.

You missed the point... the F-14 was a wrong example to show an F pole, along with a missile dodge like that...might work with this game but would be very BAD idea in other SIM's and IRL.

taking advantages of one games netcode and flaws is not my ideal of instructional video.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

it was mentioned at the beginning that the manuver was started late.

If the bandit was already locked prior and the bank was done immediately upon launch warning you probably would have seen the missile self detonate several hundred meters in front of view instead of going past, and as far as the second one goes...even if it did explode, my experience is you would be safely past.

Take it for what it is Pilotso, if you know so much more then you will be ahead of everyone else.

I have no experience with this in real life, but in the game in seems to work for me ;)

is this ok?