controls

xylem

Hi,

ok, I bought FC2 (just as I've done with all lockon related releases) and find I can no longer control the aircraft with my X52. I've spent 3 days trying to get it to work. What's going on?

The ingame options recognize the x52 (at least it displays the name), and if I don't fool around with it I can fly around a little. But when I clear the entries and load an x52 profile I can only sit in the cockpit and look around (oh yeah; TrackIR works). Even outside the aircraft I can no longer use the stick to 'look around'. I get nothing.

So; does the x52 work with this or not?

I'm very disappointed. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks...........

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

When you loaded the profile, did you click in the X52 column first or just on one of the keyboard column entries? That'll change where the keys are actually mapped. Also make sure you're mapping controls for the plane you're going to be flying, from the drop down top left of the Options page.

Edited by kylania

and yes, I looked at page 18 in the GUI. I don't see how it helps.

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

hmmm, not sure Kylana. Will try it again and let you know. Thanks....

ok; not exactly sure what you mean: I load a profile created with the Saitek x52 profiler, then i start the game. I'm not using an in-game 'saved' profile. In fact i saved a deleted game profile so there wouldn't be conflicts; maybe I shouldn't do that. In any case I tried clicking in the x52 column and then going into the sim.

Oddly now Hat #1 functions but nothing else. Eveything checks out in the Profile Editor, and all keys and hats work correctly in the Joystick Control panel.

Too late now to do more; i'll work on it tomorrow..

thanks for your input.

Not to hijack this thread but I am having the same problem . I have did a "in game " profile and the x52 mapped keys don't work.

Also could someone cofirm that the drop down screen to mapp with is as follows. JOY_BTN_POV2>u=hat switch 2 up on the x52 .

This is a bit of guesswork- but my CH gear is identified as such in the LOMAC assignments menu.

Yours just says "joystick HOTAS" and "throttle HOTAS". Are you positive you installed it correctly?

Many years ago- Saitek SST used to ask you if you wanted to install or opt out of certain drivers in the installation process. If you skipped any of the drivers- the stick was not going to work correctly. If you just plug in a controller and let windows install its own drivers- that's unlikely to work.

Other than that- it really sounds like you have a series of conflicts- 2 commands being sent to a stick button at the same time. I can tell you- what you want to do is assign ONLY the axis commands in LOMAC, DELETE ALL default commands mapped to the stick by LOMAC and program the rest of the buttons in the SST profiling software.

Yours just says "joystick HOTAS" and "throttle HOTAS". Are you positive you installed it correctly?

If you mean my screenshot, it's working just fine for me. It actually says "Joystick HOTAS Warthog" and "Throttle HOTAS Warthog". The Thrustmaster Warthog is seen as two separate devices by DCS/FC2. I do all my configuring in game and works just fine for me. That screenshot was just for people to see where to load the defaults from.

Personally I do as little in the SST software as possible since it's a pain having to always load a profile from that, then load up TrackIR with the right profile, then make sure the right other mappings are in LOMAC and so on. :joystick:

I got mine figured out to. One queston. As in the SST profile there are 3 modes. Are there more than 1 mode in the game .

That's the traditional layout, as there are several commands that are air or ground combat- specific.

Air to Air

Navigation/ground/takeoff/landing

Air to ground (for some aircraft)

I'm still trying to solve my problem.

I earlier deleted whatever controls lomac had assigned by default to the x52; now I can find no way to restore the default configuration. Can someone tell me how to do that? (the 'default' button does nothing, and the 'reset' button mentioned in the GUI does not appear in the configuration panel.) thanks....

Please disregard the above; I've solved many problems or isolated their cause. I discovered an odd thing in testing the profile in SST: on my Saitek eclipse keyboard there appears to be no distiction between left and right 'Alt' keys; in fact in the test panel the register as "menu" and not "Alt." As a consequence all commands with an 'Alt' in them are corrupted and won't work propery. for example; G and G-Alt both lower the landing gear. I cannot get the tailhook down no matter what I do. Any insight into this? Most likely a Saitek problem, but i don't know how to solve it.

step 1. find all the functions that you dont need and delted them from the keyboard layout. for example if you have track ir to look around do you really need the keyboard number pad to do the same thing ?

step 2 with all your new found free keys, re assign some buttons to the functions you do need. HOT TIP. the less key combinations you have the more solid your game will run. you definaly dont want to be inputing for example alt j , ctrl t, and del for padlock at same time, other wise you could find yourself looking at the desktop task manager (alt ctrl del)