Question about crossfire.

Atomic978

I already know this is a known issue. I am wondering if there is anything that ED can do about this or is a direct thing that needs to be addressed by ATI. Still new to a crossfire set up and I know at this time I have to keep it disabled in order to do anything with 20 to 30fps. I have always been a nvidia fan new to ATI as well. Thinking about just getting a new GTX 490 if it will perform that much better on the final product then my current set up. Thank in advance.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Both cards are at 16x. Asus P5N-D board. Alienware adjusted lol

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crossfire is the main reason I Ebay'd my ATI cards. SLI works tons better, especially in flight simulators.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Crossfire working fine here utilizing Radeon Pro with appreciable FPS gains. Attendant cloud issue though......

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Need to figure it out if it's not game related.

Don't think so.

2 x ATI 5870 in Crossfire:

Crossfire enabled

Crossfire-On.png

Crossfire disabled

Crossfire-Off.png

As you can see, FPS gain exceeding 100% when Crossfire enabled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice i get about the same running SLI so its not game releated probably user profile error or no profile for DCS.exe.

SLI on

vs

SLI off

I run 2 gtx 260's heavily overclocked

Edit: Viper please tell me you're running beta 3 and not a newer build as i still see alot of haze in that mountain in the background?

ScreenShot_005.thumb.jpg.c22ce5915548ebdf454cc4d3aadae633.jpg

ScreenShot_006.thumb.jpg.f0f943845edfa24cd9e391aa590c608d.jpg

Edited by aceflier

Edit: Viper please tell me you're running beta 3 and not a newer build as i still see alot of haze in that mountain in the background?

To be honest, cannot recall now which version I took those pics off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Don't think so.

2 x ATI 5870 in Crossfire:

Crossfire enabled

Crossfire-On.png

Crossfire disabled

Crossfire-Off.png

As you can see, FPS gain exceeding 100% when Crossfire enabled.

I need serious help then. I get no increase as of Beta 3.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Crossfire working fine here utilizing Radeon Pro with appreciable FPS gains. Attendant cloud issue though......

I am intrigued by your figures. Someone on this forum had convinced me that Crossfire did not work yet. Others, as above, see FPS increases with AI Catalyst Disabled. On my setup I see virtually no difference with it either way and as if to confirm what I was told, the "Crossfire Status Icon" when enabled does not show on the screen.

So can you help us to get the Crossfire working??

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

So can you help us to get the Crossfire working??

As soon as I can help myself I'll gladly help you :)

Subsequent to that build with which I took the screenshots as above I again cannot get Crossfire to work with Radeon Pro on the current testers build. Does not help that I by my very nature tend to repel technology.........

I have tinkered a wee bit today with Radeon Pro without success. Will however persevere and post with any news.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crikey Must be really frustrating to have had it working and now it doesn't :(

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

As soon as I can help myself I'll gladly help you :)

Subsequent to that build with which I took the screenshots as above I again cannot get Crossfire to work with Radeon Pro on the current testers build. Does not help that I by my very nature tend to repel technology.........

I have tinkered a wee bit today with Radeon Pro without success. Will however persevere and post with any news.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad you are having the same problem as I am. I have fought endlessly to get more performance. I should in no way be seeing the low FPS I'm seeing. I'm averaging 30FPS, little high, little low. Sometimes it drops into the teens. My machine, in all fairness, should be rocking this game. Let's hope it gets better before release, and I'm sure it will. I kinda wish Wags or someone would come out and tell us if they are going to end up supporting SLi/CrossfireX.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Simple one but worth checking, SLI or Crossfire must be in full screen.

I got mine to work but with crazy FPS from 10 - 140!!!

Simple one but worth checking, SLI or Crossfire must be in full screen.

I got mine to work but with crazy FPS from 10 - 140!!!

perhaps that's my problem, I'm not playing in fullscreen. grrrrrrrrrrrr. Can't use my MFD's using fullscreen!

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

I've tested it with CrossfireX enabled in full screen mode and then not enabled with the same hardware settings.

I get 18 to 21 FPS with CrossfireX enabled.

I get 35 to 50 FPS with CrossfireX DISABLED.

Same settings with Radeon Pro for both except for Crossfire Ability.

I'm not sure what's wrong.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Alright, I figured it out, sorta. I'm now getting the same performance. I accidentally had Catalyst A.I. enabled, and it needed to be disabled (I knew that, I just kept overlooking it by accident).

I'm not seeing any performance increase at this point though, using the latest drivers and testing on the 1st instant action option.

I'm happy I'm not getting lowered performance at least now.

The game has not been optimized yet, am I correct?

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

I accidentally had Catalyst A.I. enabled, and it needed to be disabled (I knew that, I just kept overlooking it by accident).

Incorrect.

I'm not seeing any performance increase at this point though, using the latest drivers and testing on the 1st instant action option.

Catalyst A.I. needs to be enabled (at least on Low) for Crossfire to run and performance increase to be noted. Disabling AI disables the performance gains even though Crossfire is still enabled.

The game has not been optimized yet, am I correct?

Correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate to say it, but I'm glad you are having the same problem as I am. I have fought endlessly to get more performance. I should in no way be seeing the low FPS I'm seeing. I'm averaging 30FPS, little high, little low. Sometimes it drops into the teens. My machine, in all fairness, should be rocking this game. Let's hope it gets better before release, and I'm sure it will. I kinda wish Wags or someone would come out and tell us if they are going to end up supporting SLi/CrossfireX.

I've got the same crossfireX setup and ,like you, I get the same frame rates. I've had to set setting down low to get good frames.

Q6600 3.1Mhz G0 step, 2X HD 5770 in Crossfire, Asus p45, WD 6400 250gb, 4GB 1066Mhz Corsair RAM, Antec 1000w psu, Win 7 64bit home premium, Track ir 4, Saitek Evo Force feedback.

Managed to get it working - does not however work on 64-bit atm. No idea if that is down to RadeonPro or DCS.

ON:

CFON.png

OFF:

CFOFF.png

No more annoying Cloud Flicker issue either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Managed to get it working - does not however work on 64-bit atm. No idea if that is down to RadeonPro or DCS.

ON:

CFON.png

OFF:

CFOFF.png

No more annoying Cloud Flicker issue either.

Can you tell us what your Radeon Pro settings are?

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB