Starforce Vs Saitek - help!!

Hey guys,

Here is a really wierd thing. I activated via Starforce and was able to use 1.1, no problem. Then about a week ago, I noticed that sometimes it asks you to reactivate, and others it loads 1.1 without a hitch. It took me a while to figure out what the pattern is - basically, if I clear my saitek X45 profile, it loads 1.1 no problem. If I don't, the Starforce menu comes up asking me to activate. WTF?? Has anyone else had this issue? If so, appreciate your hints. One thing I still have to check is if it is related to the specific profile I am using, or whether it is a general issue.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Mangler

Is it possible

Is it possible? The problem profile has commands issued to Rotory knobs? If the knob is turned (or even centered, depending on proflle) there is a constant command being sent.

So when you start game there is a CTLR-B constantly being pressed, which may cause a starforce glitch or something?

Check the AUX slider aswell, maybe left "Left" is "Off" or Center, etc etc.

Make sure everything on stick is "Neutral" before starting game.

maybe that will help

Tbird

Wery... WERY strange...

And hard to test becourse there is several versions (marks) of X45.

Which are you have? When you have buy your joy?

We'll try to investagate this problem.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Hmm wonder if thats what happened to me, i have a saitek stick and i reinstalled my machine because it was acting up, used the reg backup and reinstalled as per instructions, but was asked to reactivate, wasting 1 of my 4 activations :icon_frow come to think of it i dont think i even plugged in the stick untill after everything was reinstalled, as the lead plugs in a front bay and it hangs down infront of the dvd drive (pain in the butt tbh) omg does it even see a stick as a hardware change

Hi Han,

I can tell you exactly when I bought my stick - about two weeks before the release of lockon! ;-) No coincidence, I might add. So I've had it since November 2003. The serial number printed on the bottom of throttle and stick is SZ00110436. I don't know if that helps you to isolate the version.

It is pretty wierd - I can reproduce the starforce activation at will by loading evilbol's profile. If I use any of the other profiles I have, there is no problem - 1.1 loads and executes flawlessly...

Chalk it up to the gremlins! JBTW, 1.1 is awesome. Just glad I got it to work.

Cheers,

Mangler

Same happened to me:

At my Saitek i have mapped the SU Trimming on the slider and it was set to "trim Up". After starting LockOn Starforce wanted the activation code.

Set my slider to neutral-> Starforce scanned the CD->all OK

So it seems that either starforce do react on ANY (?) keyboard input while starting, OR the Trim Keys (CTRL+. in GER-Keyboard) disturbes Starforce ...

I had the same problem with my X36,as soon as i loaded my profile for Lock on,StarForce wanted to reactivate.Here's what i've done:After you clicked on the exe. to launch the game,you have a few seconds left untill it starts to load up,take this time to load the profile.Once you played the game with the profile it never asked me again to reactivate.

Hope that helps..

Cheers

One of my pals yesterday encountered the same issue...

I advised him to cancel the 'reactivation', set all his rotaries on neutral position, relauch FC, and Ô miracle, it did work normally...

Just a question of assignation onto the rotaries, I guess...

GUYS,

Your profiles makes constantly active keyboard commands like SHIFT or CTRL (CTRL + ; is trim down command).

IF you start application which is protected by SF system with pressed CTRL or SHIFT key - it is a command to open activation window.

So you have two ways to solve your problem:

- When you're starting LO:FC be sure that no one command from joy profiler active now

- Run profile after you've started LO:FC

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager